DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

<center>Image
<b>TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON DVD!
THE ALADDIN II & III COLLECTION
THE RETURN OF JAFAR
ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES

<i><u>The ALADDIN Trilogy Is Complete On January 18, 2005</i></u></b>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/aladdinsequels.html">Read our <b>Aladdin II & III Collection</b> DVD Review</a>
</b></center>

BURBANK, Calif., September 16, 2004 - Two full-length movies equals two times the fun! The
ALADDIN trilogy is complete when both ALADDIN: THE RETURN OF JAFAR and
ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES are available together, for the first time ever on
Disney DVD on January 18, 2005 in the ALADDIN II & III COLLECTION. Complementing
the October 2004 first-ever DVD release of Disney’s original animated classic “Aladdin,” this
collection continues the thrilling Aladdin story with ALADDIN: THE RETURN OF JAFAR
and brings the saga to its final thrilling conclusion with ALADDIN AND THE KING OF
THIEVES

All the favorite characters of Disney’s “Aladdin” return including the Genie, Aladdin, Jasmine,
Abu, the magic carpet and the Sultan. These two wondrous tales also feature characters not seen
in the original film, such as Aladdin’s father Cassim and the Forty Thieves, and there is more
wondrous music in the spectacular “Aladdin” tradition. Both of these great films have been in the
Disney Vault for nearly five years, and this 2-movie DVD set is available for a limited time only.
$34.99 (S.R.P.) for the 2-movie DVD, also available in a 2-movie VHS set for $34.99 (S.R.P.).

<b>ALADDIN: THE RETURN OF JAFAR</b>
Aladdin’s adventure picks up where the original movie left off. Jafar returns as the world’s most
powerful genie, and Aladdin and his friends must battle against huge odds to save the kingdom
from Jafar’s evil plot! <b>THE RETURN OF JAFAR</b> features five show-stopping tunes. Trapped
inside the magic lamp at the end of “Aladdin,” the wily Jafar (Jonathan Freeman) and his
cantankerous parrot sidekick Iago (Gilbert Gottfried) find a way out of their prison. Back in
Agrabah the Genie (Dan Castellaneta, “<i>The Simpsons</i>”), Aladdin (Scott Weinger), Jasmine (Linda
Larkin), Abu (Frank Welker) and their friends are enjoying a whole new world – but Jafar is
ready to take his revenge! The adventure that follows goes from the depths of a fiery lava pit to
the heights of the kingdom.

<b><u>THE RETURN OF JAFAR DVD Bonus Features</b></u>:

• <b><u>Careful What You Wish For Game</b></u>
Jafar twists your wish into something unexpected for your amusement. A different game
every time you play.

• <b><u>DisneyPedia: Wishes Around The World</b></u>
Have you ever wished upon a star or tossed a coin into a fountain? Learn about
fascinating wishing traditions from around the globe.

• <b><u>Disney’s Song Selection</b></u>
Lyrics pop up on the screen

<b>ALADDIN and the KING OF THIEVES</b> completes the Aladdin trilogy in grand style – with
Aladdin and Jasmine’s wedding celebration. And the wedding planner is none other than the “big
blue guy” himself, the Genie! But just as the happy couple prepares to say “I do,” the legendary
Forty Thieves break up the party as they ransack the royal palace in search of the fabled Hand of
Midas. When Aladdin learns that his long-lost dad may be trapped in the Forty Thieves’ lair, he
sets out on a fantastic quest, with Jasmine and the Genie by his side.

<b>ALADDIN and the KING OF THIEVES</b> features returning voice cast talents Scott Weinger as
Aladdin, Linda Larkin as Jasmine and Gilbert Gottfried as Iago. Joining the fun are renowned
Tony Award-winning Broadway, film and TV star Jerry Orbach (TV’s “Law and Order”) as the
villainous Sa’luk, and the dulcet-toned John Rhys-Davies (“Raiders of the Lost Ark”) as the King
of Thieves, Cassim.

<b><u>ALADDIN and the KING OF THIEVES DVD Bonus Features</b></u>:

• <b><u>Loot In The Lair Challenge</b></u>
Explore the hallways and chambers of the thieves’ lair and try to discover where they’ve
hidden the stolen wedding gifts. The thieves and gifts change locations every time you
play.

• <b><u>Bag The Bad Guys Game</b></u>
The thieves have escaped and are hiding in Agrabah. Help the palace guards catch them,
then hear the robbers’ hilarious rap sheets.

• <b><u>Behind The Microphone</b></u>
Go behind the scenes with the voice talent.

• <b><u>Disney’s Song Selection</b></u>
Lyrics pop up on the screen.

<b><u>STREET DATE: January 18, 2005</b></u>
<u>Direct Prebook</u>: November 9, 2004
<u>Distributor prebook</u>: November 23, 2004
<u>Suggested Retail Price</u>: $34.99 DVD, $34.99 VHS

RETURN OF JAFAR
<u>Run time</u>: Approximately 69 minutes
<u>Rated</u>: “G.” Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
<u>DVD aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
<u>Sound</u>: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
<u>Languages</u>: French, Spanish Audio

ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES
<u>Run time</u>: Approximately 81 minutes
<u>Rated</u>: “G.” Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
<u>DVD aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
<u>Sound</u>: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
<u>Languages</u>: French, Spanish Audio

Walt Disney Home Entertainment is distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., a
recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and
distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista
videocassettes and DVDs.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002YLCGK/thehomeimprovemz">Image
<font size="3">Buy <b>Aladdin II & III 2-Disc Collection</b>
(Return of Jafar & Aladdin and the King of Thieves) from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/aladdinsequels.html">Read our <b>Aladdin II & III Collection</b> DVD Review</a>
<br><br><br>

Last edited by Luke on Sat May 13, 2006 3:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

so this is a 2 movie one disc set? or a 2 movie 2 disc set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Judging by the SRP, it seems like a 2-Disc set, possibly with each film having its own case (though if that's so, why aren't they being sold separately?). It's interesting that Disney's trying to make the games have more replay value by giving them multiple versions, though there doesn't seem to be much substance on these. Anyone else notice how Robin Williams is nowhere to be found on the press release? I thought things were patched up between him and Disney?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, the thought didn't even cross my mind that it could be just one disc for the two movies. It's certainly possible, and it's odd they wouldn't mention it. But the first thing we heard from Amazon and elsewhere was (2 pc), meaning it should be two discs. Sounds like they could have maybe fit it all on one disc, but that might be a stretch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:27 pm 
Limited Edition

Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!
Thank you!!!!

I just wished they had more and better extras. Altough I'm surprised the even included something to THE RETURN OF JAFAR.

At least I hope the 5.1 sound ends up being a really nice one (I mean, I don't expect a Disney Mix but still good). And please God, let the video transfer be a good one and clean one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Luke wrote:
Wow, the thought didn't even cross my mind that it could be just one disc for the two movies. It's certainly possible, and it's odd they wouldn't mention it. But the first thing we heard from Amazon and elsewhere was (2 pc), meaning it should be two discs. Sounds like they could have maybe fit it all on one disc, but that might be a stretch.

what would you do without MMB? :D :lol: :wink:

I hope they clean up return cause it looked dark and crappy on VHS. it had a dark red tint to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!
Quote:
so this is a 2 movie one disc set? or a 2 movie 2 disc set?

Well, I guess it could end up like the Toy Story 2 pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:36 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Great news - these are my favorite DTVs. While its slim on bonus features, its nice to see both coming out at the same time. Its convenient to pick them up in a 2-Pack than to get them seperately, months apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:04 pm 

i love Aladdian! wish there were a few more bonus features but it's ok. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:07 pm 
Special Edition

Yes, this is one I'm ambivalent about. I hope that all of you interested in it enjoy. I wonder if they'll be two cases packaged together in one box or 2 discs housed in one case? I know which would look better next to the Lion King Trilogy, and it's not the most space-conscious one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:34 pm 
Limited Edition

I am excited that both these movies are coming out and especailly on the same day. I just dont know if I am to happy with the way they are being realsed I mean are they going to have indivual cover art and cases? and I the extras just minimum. but w/e I am still going to buy them. :) Thanks Luke for the presse realse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:54 pm 
Limited Edition

I think that it really sucks that these are getting NOTHING in the way of bonus features! :evil: and the stuppid games don't count!

I mean RoJ, whether you hate it or not, was the first DTV sequel and I'm sure there is a lot they could have included for this, including a feature about the tv series that spun off of it...

And KoT was leaps and bounds better, and I'm sure there is a lot they could have done for this one as well... Why does the Aladdin franchise always get screwed!? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:55 pm 
Limited Edition

Even though they're still nowhere near the quality of either Lion King sequel or The Three Musketeers, I've learned to appriciate these in the past year. They're not really half bad, especially when you consider that they were the earliest cheapquels Disney produced, and that the format had not quite matured. Return of Jafar is essentially an extended pilot for the Aladdin TV series, and King of Thieves is a slightly bigger baby step between RoJ quality TV thing and the quality DTVs of that era like Simba's Pride. And they're not too bad, good even, as long as you keep them on that level and don't expect anything anywhere near the quality of the original Aladdin.

So yeah, I like them and I'll be picking them up. Odd that it's one release though. They could easily make more money by selling them seperately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:29 pm 
Special Edition

Yup, I'll definitely be getting this.

By the way, does anyone know if DVDs for the TV series will be released?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:18 am 
Platinum Edition

Yup, I'm getting both Aladdin sequels!!! :D

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:44 am 
Platinum Edition

Wahoo! The supplements are just as crappy as the UK set! Now I don't feel so bad about picking up the UK Aladdin Trilogy at the beginning of October!

Wheee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:46 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

2099net wrote:
Wahoo! The supplements are just as crappy as the UK set! Now I don't feel so bad about picking up the UK Aladdin Trilogy at the beginning of October!

Wheee!

Isn't the U.K version of Aladdin and the King of theives widescreen too? Or perhaps i just imagined that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:54 am 
Limited Edition

Sekaino Jasmine wrote:
Yup, I'll definitely be getting this.

By the way, does anyone know if DVDs for the TV series will be released?

I am pretty sure I remember reading some where that they would be coming out in the spring on 2005 to go with the realese of all the Aladdin movies I am going to look for the link though so you can see for yourself. but yeah hopefully :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:13 am 
Limited Edition

Another must have !!! I'm impatient for Aladdin, Cinderella and Bambi !!

My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:14 am 
Site Admin

No, there are no plans to release the "Aladdin" TV series to DVD at this time. Popular thought seems to be that Disney is waiting to see how "Gargoyles" Season 1 sells before coming forth with season sets of other animated series on DVD. But that's never been confirmed, or even mentioned by anyone at Disney.