DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

<center><b><i>Home Improvement</i> on DVD</b>: <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season1.html">Season 1</a> • <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season2.html">Season 2</a> • <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season3.html">Season 3</a> • <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season4.html">Season 4</a> • <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season5.html">Season 5</a>

<b><i><u>Just In Time For Father’s Day</i></u>

HOME IMPROVEMENT
SEASON 2

<i><u>TV’S Greatest Dad Comes to DVD On June 7</i></u></center></b>

BURBANK, Calif., April 13, 2005 – Plug in the power drill and break out the socket wrenches! Tim Allen
hammers home the laughs as Tim “The Toolman” Taylor in <b><i>Home Improvement</b></i>’s complete second season,
available for the first time on DVD as a 3-disc collector’s set from Touchstone Television and Buena Vista
Home Entertainment. Available on June 7 and just in time for Father’s Day, <b><i>Home Improvement</i></b> is a huge
audience favorite, and Tim “The Toolman” Taylor has been named one of the “Greatest TV Dads of All Time”
by TV Guide. <b><i>Home Improvement</b></i> was nominated for multiple Emmy and Golden Globe awards in its second
season, and now everyone can relive all 25 hilarious and award-winning Season 2 episodes of this beloved
show, plus see “Loose Screws Part 2,” a collection of the most outrageous moments from Season 2, including
“Marital Bliss,” “Parenting Lessons” and more.

Tim and his levelheaded wife, Jill, undertake the challenge of raising three young, mischievous boys. It’s a
tough project, but with insightful advice from their wise (and only partially seen) next-door neighbor, Wilson,
they’re able to get the job done. <b>HOME IMPROVEMENT: SEASON 2</b> stars Tim Allen, Patricia Richardson,
Earl Hindman, Taran Noah Smith, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, and Zachery Ty Bryan.

<b><u>STREET DATE: JUNE 7, 2005</b></u>
<u>Distributor prebook</u>: April 26
<u>Suggested retail price</u>: $49.99 (3-Disc DVD Set).
<u>Run time</u>: Approximately 588 minutes
<u>Rating</u>: TV PGLV. Bonus features not rated.
<u>Aspect ratio</u>: 1.33:1, formatted 4x3
<u>Sound</u>: Dolby® Digital Stereo Sound

Touchstone Television has established itself as one of Hollywood's leading productions companies, supplying
critically acclaimed quality entertainment to the television industry. The studio has 13 primetime series slated
for the 2004-2005 season on three broadcast networks: ABC, NBC and UPN. The seven returning favorites and
six new series include: "8 Simple Rules," "According to Jim," "Alias," "Desperate Housewives," "Grey's
Anatomy," "Hope & Faith," "Kevin Hill," "Less Than Perfect," "Life as We Know It," "Lost," "My Wife and
Kids," "Rodney" and "Scrubs."

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, an industry leader, is committed to showcasing great television on DVD.
BVHE has responded to consumer demand by providing an ever-increasing amount of quality television
entertainment in the collectible DVD format. BVHE’s superbly mastered DVD box sets include “Alias,” “The
Golden Girls,” “Home Improvement,” “Felicity,” “Popular,” “Boy Meets World,” “Sports Night,” “Once And
Again,” and “Sweet Valley High.” Upcoming box sets include the blockbuster series “Lost,” the unique
comedy “Scrubs,” “Life As We Know It,” “Tilt,” and more.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc., is a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc.
is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Miramax, Dimension and Buena
Vista videocassettes and DVDs.

<font size="3"><a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007US79Y/thehomeimprovemz">Image
Buy <b>Home Improvement: The Complete Second Season</b> on DVD from Amazon.com</a>

<a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimprovement-season2.html">Read our <b>Home Improvement: The Complete Second Season</b> DVD Review</a></font><br><br>

Last edited by Luke on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

wait..I got the right emoticon for this...

can't wait till SUMMER! 8)
"just in time for Father's Day" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

I'm getting HI Season 2 this summer if Costco has it. :roll:

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yes! I love Home Improvement! I don't have season one yet! :( But maybe when season 2 comes out I can get both! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

I have just posted my 2-page review of this set here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/homeimpro ... ason2.html

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:18 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Great review Luke! :thumb:

I want to buy that season! It has some of my favorite episodes! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

Great Review Luke I can't wait. :D

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:21 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quote:
Submenus are not animated but they are accompanied by music that is toooooo loud.

:lol: Thanks for the warning!

Once again, another good review from Luke and another purchase to be made for RJKD23...sometime in the future. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:49 am 
Platinum Edition

Great review, Luke. Home Improvement S1 is already slated to be the next new season set I start, but now I'm even more excited for it. Can't wait to get S2 in the future. The packaging sounds awesome, and that rebate is good news... is a receipt from S1 needed?

-Aaron

• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:55 am 
Site Admin

awallaceunc wrote:
and that rebate is good news... is a receipt from S1 needed?

Actually, looking back over it, I have bad news. Seems like a receipt is needed from Season 1, and that it needs to be purchased between June 7 and November 30 of this year. Either it's a typo, or an offer which only rewards the slow-to-buy. Wonder if you could get by sending in a Season 2 receipt, especially since some stores might not even spell out the full title. Thanks for having me check. I need to update my review with that information.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback on the review!

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president