DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:26 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

This is DVD cover myself and a friend have been working on. It is still a WIP, but so far what we have. Any suggestion are welcome!

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney

Last edited by milojthatch on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:53 am 
Platinum Edition

Really nice! :D

I like how classy it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 am 
Limited Edition

Fantastic! Very nice work indeed... :D

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:12 am 
Limited Edition

So symmetrical and classy!

This is the respect the DVD treatments of the classics deserve!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:17 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Ooh, very nice all around! Looks great as-is, but it might look good to deepen/darken the blue background to add more contrast with the silver. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:18 pm 
Limited Edition

I agree with enigmawing about the blue, but other than that, it's perfect! I especially love how you used the actual films' logos from the title cards on your spine.

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm 
Limited Edition

Do they make boxes big enough to store these number of discs? It seems like such a space-saver and I absolutely love the cover art!

UDer #3495 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yes, they do make cases for this cover. This cover will be for a 10 disc set and the highest that I know of is a 12 disc case.

Again, I'm doing this with an associate, but I thank you for all the ideas. I'll pass them on, I had a few of my own I want put into this.

We hope to have cover sets based on eras of Disney Animation. By the way, we are going off of the traditional cannon list.

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:26 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I really like the cover, but if the poster you used for Pinocchio is not the original theatrical poster, but is from the first re-release in 1945 when it was still distributed by RKO. If you want all of them to be the original theatrical posters, Pinocchio's was blue and has Pinocchio holding a sign with the films title and characters surrounding him. Here is a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

goofystitch wrote:
I really like the cover, but if the poster you used for Pinocchio is not the original theatrical poster, but is from the first re-release in 1945 when it was still distributed by RKO. If you want all of them to be the original theatrical posters, Pinocchio's was blue and has Pinocchio holding a sign with the films title and characters surrounding him. Here is a link.

I actually knew that. That was my associates doing, I just didn't notice it. We may or may not keep the posters. If we can I'd love to, it just comes down to what works the best.

My idea firmly was to make this set look like a story book, kin d of similar to that Sleeping Beauty steelbook or the opening books form the various classic animated films. That look is what the rest of it has to work for.

Thanks for the link though and the catch! I hope to have a more finalized version soon and then knock out the rest of the covers. I have ambitious plains for this set that will include a set for the Pixar films, one for the shorts, one for the DTV and other animated films, one for the "Disney Afternoon" shows and maybe one for the Disney nature films (True Life Adventures, "Earth") and if I can think of any others, possibly more. I want it to be the coolest custom DVD cover for Disney DVD's EVER!!!!

-Walt Disney