The Official Leaving/Returning Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Pretty much ditto my post from October, except I'm not a manager anymore...but I have less time than ever. I might just need to start waking up earlier to get in my Disney news & UD time...I really miss it. I tried catching up on Disney news last night, and I was reading through the Pooh thread, but I just got tired and had to go to bed early. :p Hopefully I'll have a Sunday morning or something that I can just plop myself down in front of the computer for a few hours. I have major UD withdrawal. :(
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

I have finally decided to leave this board completely! March 10th of this year will be my last day. I believe my posts did not win a victory for UD, and I want to achieve better in my personal life anyway, sitting at a computer for 20 minutes everyday certainly will not do that. I also honestly do not believe that it is the right forum for me. Goodbye, everyone or those who cared.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well, I hope you decide to stay, even if it's just posting now and then. UD definitely has ups and downs on a monthly basis, so I can't blame you if you might want to leave. But it's not always bad. Either way, good luck with life.

To bc85, sorry about that. I hope you can find time to post occasionally. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney's Divinity wrote:To bc85, sorry about that. I hope you can find time to post occasionally. :)
Yeah, Amy, you're one of my faves on here, so I hope you can find the time. But remember, nothing on UD can be as important as real life. :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

avonleastories, I have to say that I really wish you weren't leaving because I like you...I didn't always get you're humor or agree with you but that's the same for anyone and that doesn't matter, you were a nice person's posts to see. 20 minutes on UD is not bad at all! I spend much more time on UD! If you only spend 20 minutes online, you either must be a really good student or are very busy, but seriously, 20 minutes isn't bad, as long as what you're doing online is what you really like to do and makes you happy.

And Amy I miss ya and I'm glad to see whenever you are around!
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Disney Duster wrote: 20 minutes on UD is not bad at all! I spend much more time on UD! If you only spend 20 minutes online, you either must be a really good student or are very busy, but seriously, 20 minutes isn't bad
I was gonna say, if I limited my online time to 20 minutes a day, I'd be a pro at getting all kinds of other things done. And then planning to cut it down to less time? Well, if only more of us had stamina like avonleastories!

Of course, online communities prolly wouldn't exist then.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Disney's Divinity, Disney Duster, pinkrenata, I have good news for you. I am not actually leaving. I did not win the victory for myself, but I am honored I had helped others to! I would not have it any other way. If I ever do leave, I will make sure to say goodbye to the 3 of you first. To quote the Mary Poppins books,
"I'll stay until the nursey door opens, the chain of the watch breaks, and the wind changes."
Thank you for all your kind words.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea! Yay! Youy're gonna stay! Wowee, that ryhmed, too!

Hey, what do you mean win the victory? Do you mean some game on here?
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

No, it was just a little inside joke referring to an episode of The Twilight Zone. One of my favorites, The Changing of the Guard.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

I will not be on UD until mid-June, as I will be on vacation. If there is any pressing need to contact me (which I doubt), e-mail me at [email protected]. It is not my regular e-mail address (I don't share that here), but I'll try and check if I can.

I was going to make this post on June 1, but I decided to move it ahead to today since I've become rather shocked and disgusted at some comments in this thread.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation, Escapay! :D

But don't stay away too long as we just might lose our sanity without you...
Disney's Divinity

I hope you have a great vacation wherever you're going. Beaches are in my mind. :( :lol:

Have fun! :D
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

So I guess it's time for me to say my goodbyes. I'm starting to enter a time in my life that requires my full attention, so I need to get off the Internet and work with my life. It's been great being here these past 2 years; I love reading everyone's posts, opinions, and input on everything Disney. I will always remember the dedication and passion everyone here has for their share of Disney, and I'll be sure to visit the main site when I can. I just simply won't have time for the forum anymore. :(

Thanks to Just.a.Friend., PrincePhillipFan, Disney Duster, avalonstories95, disneyboy, enigmawing, blackcauldron85, Scarred4Life, Disney's Divinity, ajmrowland, Umbrella Fish, and pap64 for being especially nice to me. You guys rock! I also hope Luke can fix the issues with Google soon, so the sitepocalypse can end!

So once again, thanks to everyone for being awesome, and I wish you all good luck for the future.

To infinity and beyond! :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw, man, you have to leave? You were one of the nicest people here! But actually, working most on your real life is the most important thing, and some people have trouble, so it's good you're doing it.

Still, drop in sometimes or something, unless it makes you want to post way more than you should! But I'm sure you can do it some days, during vacations or holidays. Even just to say hi.

Good luck with everything! :)
Disney's Divinity

Real Life is always priority, but hopefully you'll be able to post once in a blue moon. The forum could use more members like you. :) Good luck with everything you do in life! :D

Just wanted to say that in case there's no forum to come back to in future. :P
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Well, it's certainly sad to see you go, but I wish you all the best in your life, and I hope that you might find the time to pop in to say hello. You will certainly be missed! Goodbye, and good luck! :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SmartAleck25 - I hate to see you leave, but I totally understand. Take care and good luck to you! :)
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I know I don't talk much on the forum in the first place, but I haven't been here for the past 4 weeks. I went to a 3-week Theatre camp and a 1-week Choir camp (the latter I pretty much had to do for school). I'm back, though, for the rest of the summer. I'm gonna try to post more often now that I'm not busy, but I don't know how often that'll be. :)
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I hate to see you go, SmartAleck25! It was great having you here, but as Duster said, real life is always more important. Best of luck on all your endeavors! :)

And welcome back zackisthewalrus! It's always fun when you're around. :D
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

....I'm almost considering leaving the site with all the Bickering around here in all the threads......Can't we just all get along and agree to disagree...I used to think that...but now I'm not so sure....

This Bickering is as bad as the Debt Talks in Washington DC are right now....which is a new low for some members on this site bickering back and forth....it's left a sour taste in my mouth....

To Be Honest, My Girlfriend is coming back next month....and I may not be as active in posting stuff....I'll be around the forums....just not as much....not just because of the bickering, but I gotta work to figure my life out...such as whether I can work a real job, or stay on social security due to my disabilities...I want to try to work so i'm working with the Department of Human Services....I have a round table type meeting with some of them and my parents. on Wednesday to figure out where to go and such....

And another thing is I'm Stressed with these Bloody Hell Politicians can't come to an agreement on the debt solution.....since if in a week things are the same as now...I won't be getting my social security money and that's stressing me out so much that I will not put the words of my mind on this forum other than they just need to pass it and if it isn't raised it will be not just a double dip recession...but probably the Greatest Great Depression the USA has ever seen in history .... However The Real Tragedy in the world is in Norway...but all the attention that deserves is getting it from an over grown Oompa Loompa, some people that love Tea and want rich to get richer and crap like that. I think both parties need to look up the definition of the word compromise in the dictionary since I don't think any of them know the true meaning of the word if our economy depended on it...which it Does
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx