2006 Christmas Present Thread

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

2006 Christmas Present Thread

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I am starting this thread because i went to my Grandmother's house today. i got 3 Best Buy gift cards, 1 from each of my relatives. I also got other things like pajama pants and a throwover. Not going to list it all as it would be boring. I also got my DVDs from my Secret Santa.
Last edited by PixarFan2006 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Well, I know that I'm getting:

The Emperor's New Groove Ultimate Groove Edition
Dinosaur Collector's Edition
Walt Disney Treasures: Disney Rarites
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White Vol. 1
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Color Vol. 2
Walt Disney Treasures: Chronological Donald (Vol. unknown)
Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy

The Disney Treasures Memorabilia Hardcover Book
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Normally we start this after the 25th of December, but oh well.

Got these from Renata, my Secret Mrs. Claus:

The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad: Gold Collection
Breakfast at Tiffany's: Anniversary Edition

And from a Secret Santa we had in our "Green Room Club"*:
$10 Gift Card for Blockbusters

As well as these DVDs from friends:
Cartoon Craze: Daffy and the Dinosaur
Black Beauty
Field of Dreams: Collector's Edition

And this non-DVD:
Saltwater Taffy - It's an inside joke, since I said in all my years living in NJ and going to Atlantic City (or as I oddly call it, " 'lan'ic City "), I've never had saltwater taffy.

Escapay

*"Green Room Club" - most of us hang out at Lincoln Hall, which also shares residence with the community theatre. The dressing room there is also called the Green Room, and since a lot of us hang there between classes, it's been dubbed the Green Room Club. There's usually about 7-10 of us in there at a time.
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I pretty much have my Christmas presents, or know what they'll be, since I've been asked by family members what I want. Mainly, I just go for cash, or gift cards.

My job had our annual Christmas party, last Tuesday night. After my boss and his wife took us out for an extremely expensive dinner, with drinks and dessert, we went back to our place of business, and were given our gifts. The bosses wife always gives us a round of funny gifts, and then a round of plain awesome gifts.

First up, in the round of funny gifts, I got a Santa Claus ornament, and a game called Dudes VS. The Chicks. I have never heard of it, but, it pits the men against the women, to see who is smarter. Attached to the bottom of the game was a plastic "envelope", which contained $30.00. I also got a "calendar-a-day", called Fact or Crap. It's actually very interesting.

Next up, from the round of awesome gifts, I got an "I Love Lucy" Hallmark ornament, which depicts Lucy talking on the phone to Ricky. When you push the button, you hear a hilarious conversation between Lucy and Ricky. Next up was a $50.00 QuikTrip Gift Card, which is great, because I always buy gas, and my breakfast, from QuikTrip. Then, a Santa Claus card, which contained a nice, crisp, $100.00 bill!

So, we all had a great night, with great food, gifts, and enjoyed each others company, which is rarely something we get to do, because we are always so busy.

Of course, there is still the Christmas Bonus check that the boss gives us, right before Christmas, which is at least $100.00!

I know my Mom is giving me a few wrapped items, and $150.00 in cash.

A couple days back, my Grandma sent me a check for $25.00 in the Christmas card she mailed me.

So, I've actually had a great Christmas, already, and the day hasn't even come.

I also purchased a Christmas present for myself, which is my Nintendo Wii (which comes with Wii Sports) and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

With some of the money I received from the bosses wife, I purchased a Netgear Wireless Router, to get my Nintendo Wii online, plus, I purchased some Wii Points, and downloaded Sonic the Hedgehog from the Wii Virtual Console. I also purchased one of Def Leppard's greatest hits CD's, Vault, which I've been listening to, non-stop.

I have almost completed all of my Christmas shopping. I have one gift to pick up for my Mom, and a couple of Gift Cards, for my Brother and for my youngest Sister.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

My two friends and I are doing a little gift exchange thing and we are getting together at my house this Friday. They are brother and sister, the sister is my age, and her brother is a Junior (in HS, not college). We tried to keep it simple with just DVDs (it's our first year doing this). I got the girl She's the Man (she HAD TO HAVE it because of Channing Tatum - I can't relate -- I'm a guy), and she knows it because I set the whole thing up with her. I got her brother Click, but he doesn't know it - we're trying to keep it a surprise :)

As for presents from the family, I have no idea. On Christmas Eve, we go to my aunt's house (my mom's side), and on the day before New Year's Eve, we're going to my Grandma's house (dad's side), and we open gifts. We rotate every year (my Grandma's house on Christmas Eve will be in 2007, then 2009), swapping the dates, and my grandparents on my mom's side come to our house every year for Christmas day, so if we don't go to my aunt's house on Christmas Eve that year, my grandparents just bring the presents up to our house.

Wow, I hope I didn't confuse anyone there! :lol:

And usually we don't go to the other family's house so late, usually we go before Christmas, but our schedules couldn't allow us to go before Christmas this year, so we're going on the 30th this year!

**Also, MadonnasManOne, are you a member of the @cess The Golden Girls Forum? Because if not, there is another user with your name! :lol: Well, if you are, my user name is thanx_4_bein_a_friend. You quoted me here: http://www.thegoldengirlstv.co.uk/forum ... topic=4694 . What a small world, huh?! :lol: **

**ALSO, MadonnasManOne, if you don't mind me asking, what is your job? It sounds like they pay you good!**
UDer #3495 :D
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

DVDs
The Philadelphia Story: Special Edition
Pretty in Pink: Everything's Duckie Edition
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - Extended Edition
King Kong: Deluxe Extended Edition
Cars
Superman: Special Edition
Superman II: Special Edition
Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Superman Returns: Special Edition
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Special Edition
The Devil Wears Prada
Robin Hood: Most Wanted Edition
The Golden Girls: The Complete Sixth Season

Clothes
White Reebok Sneakers
Black Nike Sneakers
Hanes Two-Piece Navy Blue Pajamas
Jerzees Black Toe Socks
Red Foot Locker T-Shirt
Red, Black, and White Nike Shirt and Shorts Set
Four Sean John Shirts (Three polos in red, white, and gray, and a white t-shirt)

Other
Special Occasions Assorted Chocolates
The Audrey Hepburn Treasures Book
Reese's Pieces Chocolate Box
Lauder for Men Four-Piece Cologne Set
Kenneth Cole "Reaction" Watch

Considering how tight money is in my family right now and how low my expectations were, this has been a pretty year for presents. My parents told me they wanted to get me a widescreen TV for my room, but money was a problem. They said they'll get it for me within the next few months, so that could be counted as a belated Christmas gift, and a dang good one.
Last edited by Disneykid on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Just received Closer and the 2-Disc Special Edition of Dead Man's Chest when I swapped gifts with my two friends at one of their family's annual holiday gatherings.

*tlm
RachelSmachel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RachelSmachel »

I haven't recieved anything yet so I'll just list what I'm giving my family members.

Mum: A nice set of various creams, lotions and body butters + a free massage from me.
Dad: Pink Floyd-Pulse DVD.
Brother: Sims 2 and Sims 2 University.

And my relations in Brisbane are getting various gifts that we all chipped in for. Since we're not going to Brisbane this holidays, we've mailed them a package instead.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

DisneyFreak5282 wrote: We tried to keep it simple with just DVDs (it's our first year doing this). I got the girl She's the Man (she HAD TO HAVE it because of Channing Tatum - I can't relate -- I'm a guy), and she knows it because I set the whole thing up with her.

I can relate, and I am a guy! Channing Tatum is a hottie! I'll have to add him to my list of Celebrity Crushes!
DisneyFreak5282 wrote: **Also, MadonnasManOne, are you a member of the @cess The Golden Girls Forum? Because if not, there is another user with your name! :lol: Well, if you are, my user name is thanx_4_bein_a_friend. You quoted me here: http://www.thegoldengirlstv.co.uk/forum ... topic=4694 . What a small world, huh?! :lol: **
Yep, that's me! I LOVE The Golden Girls, and that is the best site for sharing my love of the Girls! It's nice to meet another member from there, on UltimateDisney.com!
DisneyFreak5282 wrote: **ALSO, MadonnasManOne, if you don't mind me asking, what is your job? It sounds like they pay you good!**
I work at a photolab, which only has a few employees, but, we are the busiest photolab in town! We do a majority of the photographs for the professional photographers in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and we have a reputation of being the best, because we actually correct photographs, to make them look their best. Most commercial labs, such as the retail store chains, just run peoples photographs through the machine on an automatic setting, and do not have a person that actually checks them, to make sure they look their best. I do get paid pretty well. Plus, the boss and his wife always treat the employees to many other perks, such as dinners, bonus checks, etc., from time to time. I've been with the company for over 8 years, on and off. There was a period of a couple of years that I worked elsewhere, but, I ended up coming back.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

I got my first present today, from my best friend:

http://zippocasemuseum.com/index.aspx?t ... uctdetails
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

DisneyFreak5282 wrote:I got the girl She's the Man (she HAD TO HAVE it because of Channing Tatum - I can't relate -- I'm a guy)
I absolutely love that movie, for more reasons than one. :P

*tlm
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Well, I now have all my Christmas. My family had our Christmas this evening, and we all had a great time. Good food, great gifts, and best of all, spending the day with my loved ones.

My nephew, Camden, ended up with the BEST stuff this year. As I am his his Disney loving uncle, I hooked him up with everything Finding Nemo, which is his favorite movie. I bought him the DVD, since he has had mine for a LONG time. I also bought him a personalized My Adventure with Finding Nemo book, which is personalized with his name, his address, and three of his friends names. I also bought him a Finding Nemo toothbrush holder, which has Bruce, with his mouth full of teeth as the holder, a rinse cup, which has Marlin and Dory, and two toothbrushes. On top of that, my bosses wife bought him a Finding Nemo cell phone, which features Nemo on it, and makes different noises, including the voice of Nemo. He LOVES cell phones, and he was really excited when he opened his gifts. My Aunt got him The Fox and the Hound 2, which I'm actually going to borrow from him, since I haven't seen it! Plus, one of his Aunts on his Dad's side is getting him Cars, which has become another favorite of his. Oh, and my Step-Sister bought him this set of really cool, and nice, books, which features several different Disney stories, including The Lion King, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and many more.

Anyway, as for me, I got some great gifts. I got a couple of cologne sets I've been wanting, a 512mb Flash Drive, socks (which I can never have enough of), and lots of cash! I ended up with $150.00 from my Mom, and $25.00 from my Sister. Plus, we got our bonus checks at work the other day, and it was for $200.00! That's a hundred bucks more than I was expecting!

So, I've had a great Christmas, and I enjoyed spending time with good friends, and my loving family!

Oh, last week, with some of the money I got, I picked up a 1 gig SD card, to use with my Nintendo Wii! The best part is, I got it at a wholesale price of $17.99, plus $2.00 shipping! I've already got it, and have been loading it up with pictures, music, and videos to play on my Wii!
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

My family, because of conflicting schedules inside the house, had Christmas morning today. I got:

Avalon- Stand CD
Matthew West- Sellout CD
Chronicles of Narnia T-Shirt
Jermey Camp T-Shirt
Casting Crowns T-Shirt
A new 128 CD/DVD Case
$25 to Hastings
Mounds of Candy

and...*drum roll*
a laptop!!!!!!!!!!!! From which I m writing right now! I couldn't be happier!!
:pan: Love It.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

I know that I'm getting a few DVDs- Britney Spears- Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD, Britney and Kevin: Chaotic DVD, Nip/Tuck- Seasons 1 and 2 DVDs (S3 isn't available in R4 yet), and I think that my sister is going to trade me her Brokeback Mountain DVD for a calender that I bought her. I know I'm getting them because me, my bro and my sis went shopping for them with our Dad. They aren't surprises this year, which is slightly sad.
-James
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

MadonnasManOne wrote:
DisneyFreak5282 wrote: We tried to keep it simple with just DVDs (it's our first year doing this). I got the girl She's the Man (she HAD TO HAVE it because of Channing Tatum - I can't relate -- I'm a guy), and she knows it because I set the whole thing up with her.

I can relate, and I am a guy! Channing Tatum is a hottie! I'll have to add him to my list of Celebrity Crushes!
DisneyFreak5282 wrote: **Also, MadonnasManOne, are you a member of the @cess The Golden Girls Forum? Because if not, there is another user with your name! :lol: Well, if you are, my user name is thanx_4_bein_a_friend. You quoted me here: http://www.thegoldengirlstv.co.uk/forum ... topic=4694 . What a small world, huh?! :lol: **
Yep, that's me! I LOVE The Golden Girls, and that is the best site for sharing my love of the Girls! It's nice to meet another member from there, on UltimateDisney.com!
That's cool! I love the Girls as well, people think I'm weird for that :P ! My girlfriend doesn't know that I like that show, she'd think I lost it :lol: !

Anyways, we did the gift exchange last night! I am happy, I got 3 gifts. First I got a mini-stuffed animal of Mater (an inside joke), and the Widescreen Unrated DVD of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby! I was excited! Then, her brother got me two movie theater gift cards, both are good for one admission into any movie! I will definitley be seeing something over break...if there's anything good playing!

AND yesterday in the morning, our family friends' dropped off a big bag full of 24 CDs, and a DVD (called Baseball Bloopers), for the whole family. The husband works for a record company, so he gets CDs for free all the time. Included in the bag he gave us yesterday was the new Fergie, Gwen Stefani, Eminem, AFI, The Wreckers, Dashboard Confessional, Brian McKnight, Meatloaf, Josh Groban, The Goo Goo Dolls, and more!

In the past, he has given us, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Madonna, Panic! At the Disco, etc.

So, so far, that brings my total to:

$25 Best Buy Gift Card
Bag full of 24 CDs
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Unrated Widescreen DVD
Mini-stuffed animal of Mater
Two movie admissions to AMC Loews Theaters

and tonight we are going to my aunt's house for gifts. I will only be getting one gift, though. My aunt recently got remarried, and her husband has two kids of his own, so now there are 8 kids on my mom's side of the family, and as you could imagine, that gets a little pricey for parents, especially when they've got gifts to buy for their own kids.

Anywho, I will post my entire list on December 31, we are visiting my dad's side of the family on the 30th to open gifts there.
UDer #3495 :D
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I forgot to list a couple of other gifts I received.

From the manager, where I work, I got a $10.00 Gift Card to Cinemark Theaters.

From a customer, I received a set of coasters, and a matching silverware tray. It's funny, because I really needed the coasters. The set I had were wooden, and had warped. The silverware tray is cool. Much nicer than the one I currently have.

From a friend, I received a $10.00 Gift Certificate to The Coffee Grinder, a local coffee shop that is in the same area as the photo lab I work at.

This morning, I used some of the Christmas money I received, and picked up Six Feet Under: The Complete Series box set. That thing is awesome! I love the packaging, which I'm including a picture of.

It includes all five seasons of the show, plus, a commemorative book and two bonus Six Feet Under soundtrack CD's.

I've only seen the first two seasons of the show, so, I have a lot to catch up on!

I bought it at Best Buy, using my Reward Zone card, earning double points. The price is listed at $229.99, but, Best Buy is having a 50% off HBO sets sale, so the total came to $125.30 cents with tax!
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

So far (all from my friends, I can't open any presents from family until Christmas Day)

ASU hoodie (Arizona State University, I go to school there)
Snoopy Come Home on DVD (I LOVE Snoopy and Woodstock)
$25 iTunes giftcard

I might be getting a present from one of my friends at church tonight if she gets off of work on time.

Well, it's christmas day and I opened presents from family after running around the house like I was on fire.

$100 money order
$50 check
silver necklace with a heart pendant
black and red DKNY sweater

2 $10 blockbuster giftcards

Got this on Wednesday from my friends (they finally managed to give it to me)

SuperGALS! The Complete First season on DVD
Last edited by Mushu2083 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Merry Christmas, everybody! I just got done opening my presents and here's what I got.

DVDS
The Simpsons the Complete Ninth Season
Disney DVD Game World Dogs Edition
Walt Disney Treasures The Complete Pluto Volume 2

GIFT CARDS
Wal-Mart($15)
Barnes and Noble($15)

Plus, i got a Disney wall calendar {shown above}, A mug set, 2 disposable cameras, $10, and a dalmatian pen.
Last edited by PixarFan2006 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RyougaLolakie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RyougaLolakie »

Alright, my gifts received was a bit lower than that because the only thing I want for christmas was a DVD/VHS recorder combo and I finally got it. I'm having a blast with this.

As for the other gifts, well here it is:

DVDs:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas: 50th Birthday Deluxe Edition
- The Pink Panther (2006 Version)

Clothes
- Some nightgowns and panties. :lol:

Other
- CD Player
- MP3 Player
- MP3 Holder
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection