E's Random Arts and Other Stuff

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Scarred4life wrote:
enigmawing wrote:A house I built for my hamster (which I submitted to icanhascheezburger with no success, lol):
Haha, don't worry, I never have any luck with that website either. :lol:
They've got so many submitted that the odds are totally against us, lol. But here's another one I did a while back of my cat after he'd had a bath:

Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

:float:

On Facebook, I'm registered with the Cartoon Brew page. Jerry posted a link to a blog full of Disney fan art. I was really pleasantly surprised to see our own resident enigmawing's work show up! :) However, the blog writer erroneously credited her as Kay Wing. Don't know why.

There were a good deal of pieces which I didn't like very much. The listed works can basically be divided in two categories: the amateurish and poorly drawn, and the professional. Needless to say, enigma's featured pieces belong in the latter.

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/?p=5611
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Oh, wow! I've been feeling a little down lately and the link totally made my day! Thank you for posting it. :D It was also pretty cool to see a lot of my friends having their work posted as well. :)

Even though I sign my work with my user name, I sometimes get credited as Kay Ewing, my pseudonym. ;)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That cat image.... rotfl Maybe I'm just a cat person. :oops:

And it goes without saying that your artwork is supreme. :D I especially loved your Tiana stuff.

Also, about that webpage Julian Carter posted...fat Jasmine... :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Also, about that webpage Julian Carter posted...fat Jasmine... :lol:
I still don't understand what you've got against the character. But, I liked the picture of Jasmine and Esmeralda... a fitting couple indeed! (Meg and Ariel were not too bad either.) <3

There's a lot of great, funny artwork there! Thanks for posting, Julian!
enigmawing wrote:Even though I sign my work with my user name, I sometimes get credited as Kay Ewing, my pseudonym. ;)
Your drawing of Tiana as a mermaid is so beautiful!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

so many wrong Disney fanart.....seriously. lol
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Disney's Divinity wrote:That cat image.... rotfl Maybe I'm just a cat person. :oops:
It's all good, I'm a cat person too. ;) He still hates baths to this day. :lol:
Disney's Divinity wrote:And it goes without saying that your artwork is supreme. :D I especially loved your Tiana stuff.
Thank you so much! I fell in love with her design immediately so she's been a really fun character to work on. :)
Goliath wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Also, about that webpage Julian Carter posted...fat Jasmine... :lol:
I still don't understand what you've got against the character. But, I liked the picture of Jasmine and Esmeralda... a fitting couple indeed! (Meg and Ariel were not too bad either.) <3
A lot of cool stuff there. :D And crazy stuff too, lol. :lol:
Goliath wrote:Your drawing of Tiana as a mermaid is so beautiful!
Thank you! I really like playing with the light blue colors on her. :)
Super Aurora wrote:so many wrong Disney fanart.....seriously. lol
I know we've both seen worse. :shock: :lol:

Ok, here's a (somewhat) better look at my latest, a slightly different rendering that's carefully edited for your viewing pleasure. :p The original is now on my deviantArt page; I obviously can't link it here but it should be easy enough to find for dA's members.

While this is basically a simple pin-up on the surface, it's a pretty important piece to me for reasons I can't entirely explain. :p It's also been a few months since I've really drawn anything, and it's been a good chance to get a good feel for the Wacom Intuos tablet Rey gave me for my birthday a few months back. :) This was sketched, cleaned up, and colored entirely with that tablet.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I did a quick coloring of Don Bluth's butterflies (as seen in this thread) in order to take a break from my current projects:

I obviously have no clue what colors they're really supposed to be but I had a little fun with it, lol.
LySs
Gold Classic Collection

Post by LySs »

Lovely work Enigmawing! You've definitely got a great style going on. I need to remember to watch you on deviantART.
I had so much ambition and drive when I was younger...
I know the feeling. Since I was a kid up until high school, all I ever wanted to do was sit in my room and draw.
Now, after graduating from the trade school I went to, it feels almost like someone needs to give me a good kick in the butt to get things done.
I still love drawing, but it feels like my creativity disappears at times.

Unfortunately it's probably because I suffer from perfectionism. If something doesn't come out the way I want it to be right away, I get frustrated and procrastinate.
So far I'm only doing small freelance jobs, but I really need to take the time out to really sit down and draw for myself again.
I've always just liked drawing pretty and sexy things and I'd like to think it's been therapeutic for me. But I'm still trying to find my voice with my style and especially my subject matter. I try to broaden myself beyond cheesecake but it's been kinda hard.
Same here! I've always enjoyed drawing sexy things, especially pin-ups/cheesecake. Maybe because it's just so fun to draw dem curves, and nobody can say no to a sexy pin-up. I really need to practice drawing more men though. Or at least, more super buff macho-like men.

Also, I just happened to be browsing 4chan while going through your thread, and by mere coincidence someone posted this image...
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Regardless of what Bluth and company wanted the colours to be, your choices are still excellent enigmawing.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

LySs wrote:Lovely work Enigmawing! You've definitely got a great style going on. I need to remember to watch you on deviantART.
Thank you! :)
LySs wrote:I know the feeling. Since I was a kid up until high school, all I ever wanted to do was sit in my room and draw.
Now, after graduating from the trade school I went to, it feels almost like someone needs to give me a good kick in the butt to get things done.
I still love drawing, but it feels like my creativity disappears at times.
I almost wonder if that's just a weird, painful part of growing up. Sometimes I feel like my creativity shriveled away along with my drive. I used to do more than draw, I used to make up all kinds of stories for my characters and even make pages of comics but that seems to have dried up as well.
LySs wrote:Unfortunately it's probably because I suffer from perfectionism. If something doesn't come out the way I want it to be right away, I get frustrated and procrastinate.
So far I'm only doing small freelance jobs, but I really need to take the time out to really sit down and draw for myself again.
I'm sort of the opposite, I think. Or at least, I seem to have an easier time just doing my own thing, since taking on commissions and freelance work tends to intimidate the hell out of me. I mean, if I'm only drawing for myself I only have myself to disappoint. But like with you, it's also a product of perfectionism. I've had to learn to just put down a piece and be done with it instead of my usual picking it apart. Unless I stop getting hung up on certain details I'll never move on to the next piece and have a chance to keep learning.
LySs wrote:Same here! I've always enjoyed drawing sexy things, especially pin-ups/cheesecake. Maybe because it's just so fun to draw dem curves, and nobody can say no to a sexy pin-up. I really need to practice drawing more men though. Or at least, more super buff macho-like men.
You know, I used to think I was crazy or weird for liking to draw girls, and once I got online I was so relieved to find that I wasn't the only one, lol. It just seems everything I touch has some sort of feminine quality about it so it's been a struggle to depict anything masculine out of my head. Which means I should really be doing more studying and practicing.
LySs wrote:Also, I just happened to be browsing 4chan while going through your thread, and by mere coincidence someone posted this image...
OMG, lol. Sometimes JKR gives me a fun little cameo in his work and that's one I'd totally forgotten about. It's from a comic he did for a contest that was supposed to feature women in uniform, presumably something "sexy" like a policewoman or stewardess, but he apparently went the opposite direction for the heck of it. :lol:
Flanger-Hanger wrote:Regardless of what Bluth and company wanted the colours to be, your choices are still excellent enigmawing.
Thanks! :) I seem to have a thing for purple. :D

To update, I got the awesome opportunity to do a cover for an upcoming Demi the Demoness title, a well-known character in the adult comic world. It's, um . . . totally NSFW so I won't even be linking a censored version, but the opportunity has been pretty cool. :) Well hmm, I can at least post a thumbnail, the full cover art is currently available in my dA account and the comic itself should be available in the coming months (there's a little more info on that in the dA description).

She's running from some monsters, which were kinda outside of my comfort zone of drawing girly things. :p The publisher will later add the logos and text, and I can't wait to see how the final product turns out. :)

Oh, and in case you haven't seen them over in the Brave thread, I've worked on a couple of pieces starring Merida. The first of which was drawn by SWillie, I just thought it was awesome so I borrowed it for some coloring practice:

http://mattdewater.blogspot.com/2011/06 ... erida.html

And now that we've gotten a better look at her official images, I tried drawing her myself:

Her hair was a pain, lol, but was ultimately very fun to work on. :)

And one more thing for now, what my current avatar and banner are from:

There are alternate versions in my dA account. :p Thanks for looking! :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

A couple more recent pics:

I like to draw KP in various styles for some odd reason. This just kind of came from nowhere . . .

http://fav.me/d3kdcqh

And something I've kinda been wanting to do for a while, Rapunzel with short hair . . .

http://fav.me/d3km5ma

I posted a smaller version in the Tangled thread, but this has more details since I'm actually finished with it now. :)
Last edited by Elladorine on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Now that's a princess wedding that <i>doesn't</i> make me want to vomit. Hardly any glitter! :)
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

pinkrenata wrote:Now that's a princess wedding that <i>doesn't</i> make me want to vomit. Hardly any glitter! :)
Whew, lol! I tried to be tasteful with the sparkles and not overdo them. ;)
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

That new Rapunzel one is my favorite out of all your work! It's just so adorable and more importantly, beautiful! I actually don't mind her with short hair and you made her look as amazing as she should in such a royal dress. If only Disney merch art could look so great.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:That new Rapunzel one is my favorite out of all your work! It's just so adorable and more importantly, beautiful! I actually don't mind her with short hair and you made her look as amazing as she should in such a royal dress. If only Disney merch art could look so great.
Thank you! I kinda struggled since it was hard to still make it feel like her without all that long, golden hair, lol. I hope her wedding dress does turn out to look something like that, with lots of lace and ivory and gold (so much detail can be done thanks to the CG). Sigh . . . and I do wish that we could have more princess merchandise that appeals beyond the 6-year-old girl demographic.

I've got a couple more new ones:

^I'm thinking about makin a t-shirt design out of this one. :p

^And this one is a grown-up version of the star of the upcoming Disney Channel show Sofia the First. :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I finally got to see Rio yesterday, which resulted in me creating a painting last night:

Recomended accompanying music:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9U1v01SGtGE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9U1v01SGtGE?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

You'll understand if you've seen the movie. :p
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

The drawing of your character featured in your new siggy and avatar are ridiculously cute. Would love to see the full picture =).
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Alphapanchito wrote:The drawing of your character featured in your new siggy and avatar are ridiculously cute. Would love to see the full picture =).
Thanks! I'm not quite done with it yet. I'm releasing a small bundle of prints soon as an exclusive on my site, when it's up I'll link to it here. :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Ok now, here's a better look at my avatar:

Well, sort of. ;) I'll just repeat what I said in my dA journal:

Four years have passed since I decided to pack up and move out west, and I'm long overdue for a visit back home; I haven't even been able to introduce my new husband to much of my family. In an attempt to raise a little extra money for the much-needed trip, I've decided to release an exclusive set of hand-signed prints, available only for a limited time.

Anyone interested in checking them out can find more details at my website, <a href="http://www.enigmawing.com/">enigmawing.com</a>. :)