Disney Gonna Get Tight-Lipped?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Disney Gonna Get Tight-Lipped?

Post by Jules »

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... entmessage

:( I'd die without regular updates from WDFA.
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

It's just the Jim Hill's way to tell that his source has left Disney :lol: 8)
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

That sounds like a bad idea. How are we supposed to know what will be coming out in the near future?
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Well, even tight-lipped Pixar has let us know about "WALL-E", so we'll get some news, even if this Cone of Silence is true. I'v been an avid JHM reader for a long time, and I highly doubt that Jim only gets information from one WDFA insider.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Well, even tight-lipped Pixar has let us know about "WALL-E", so we'll get some news, even if this Cone of Silence is true. I'v been an avid JHM reader for a long time, and I highly doubt that Jim only gets information from one WDFA insider.
Well, I expect news on Wall-E leaked out through WDFA and not pixar. :wink: lol... on the article, there's my post just a little bit below yours. You've been on JHM for ages ... then you joined UD. I remember your old JHM avatar (pre UD years) used to be of Taran, Eilonwy and Gurgi in a group hug. :D
blackcauldron85

Julian Carter wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:Well, even tight-lipped Pixar has let us know about "WALL-E", so we'll get some news, even if this Cone of Silence is true. I'v been an avid JHM reader for a long time, and I highly doubt that Jim only gets information from one WDFA insider.
Well, I expect news on Wall-E leaked out through WDFA and not pixar. :wink: lol... on the article, there's my post just a little bit below yours. You've been on JHM for ages ... then you joined UD. I remember your old JHM avatar (pre UD years) used to be of Taran, Eilonwy and Gurgi in a group hug. :D
Awww, you noticed! I LOVED that avatar, but, when I joined UD, I saw that Gurgi30 had the SAME avatar, so I changed it. I hope he appreciates it! :D
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

im restless. there's no point of having the internet now.i need my daily dosage of rapunzels and frog princesses and enchanted and god knows whats coming out.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

akhenaten wrote:im restless. there's no point of having the internet now.i need my daily dosage of rapunzels and frog princesses and enchanted and god knows whats coming out.
Precisely! How are we supposed to survive without our regular Disney-leaked-news-on-WDFA-projects dose?
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

I've always found Disney to be somewhat tight lipped anyway (well, they seemed like that up until recently with Enchanted) . Hmm...

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if things like titles to projects, projected release dates and pieces of concept art surfaced. So long as we don't get into the kind of scenario like discovering that the new Disney animated classic Mickey's Introduction to French Grammar and Usage is (or more like was) being made six weeks prior to its release, I'm okay.

And equally, too much information is annoying. I accidently read (on Jim Hill, as well) the ending to Meet the Robinsons... :roll:
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Good for them. Way too much information was coming from the wrong sources. It is especially damaging when information is leaked selectively to people like Jim Hill with an axe to grind. That way only a negative spin gets put on things as the writer is coming from a position of extreme bias.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

well at least its good. we're getting too pampered.now itll be just like the old days...when disney was having its 90s renaissance! this could be something worth waiting for. i guess when we have too much input on story changes and all the politics behind a certain production.thats what devalues it and disappoint us if things dont reach our certain expectations. this way we'd just sit back and wait..while sneaking on a few slipped shots on the web. :)
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

KinOO wrote:It's just the Jim Hill's way to tell that his source has left Disney :lol: 8)
LMAO

that was classic. Yeah it sounds like Jim writing an entire article around his source telling him he's out of the loop as of today.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

blackcauldron85 wrote: Awww, you noticed! I LOVED that avatar, but, when I joined UD, I saw that Gurgi30 had the SAME avatar, so I changed it. I hope he appreciates it! :D
You mean this great thing?

I was hoping to find one of just Gurgi but this one was great. I do appreciate it and I love your avatar as well. It's easy to spot you since you have it both here and over at JMH.
blackcauldron85

Thanks, Gurgi! I was kind of kidding about my post, not thinking you'd read it! But, it is a great avatar...I love that scene! And, thanks for the complements on mine!