Cinderella Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Cinderella Discussion

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks, Sotiris.

Yes, that's so great Divinity!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It looks gray on my display. I watch it on movie/filmmaker mode with the tone set on Warm 2. If you watch it on a different mode or tone it will look blue.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow! I wonder if Walt asked them to pick a grey that can look blue sometimes?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I didn't know the restoration was outsourced in Japan. That's great that all Disney had to do was just not do it :lol: do we know if any other films got new restorations recently?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

"That all Disney had to do was not do it"? Haha!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Disney Duster wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:34 pm MOOKY!!! I forgot something!!! For Cinderella's 70th anniversary, on a show on Disney+ they did a reproduction of a cel from her film, and the archive sheets about colors told them to use a gray color! Her dress is gray silver! Just a bluish looking one!
Thanks Duster (and Sotiris). I'll check it out.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

After discussing the horrible restoration for years. It’s nice that have an awesome new one. What a great time for me to return! Hope life has been treating everyone well!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I watched the movie yesterday on Disney+, and I loved its restoration. I also got a new 4K TV, and Cinderella was the first movie I watched. It made me nostalgic, made me remember watching the VHS when I was a kid, mainly because of the colors. I also think the sound was better than the previous restoration, although, to be honest, I thought the sound was already great. But I was able to hear the orchestra more clearly, especially during the "Swing, Sweet Nightingale" and "So This Is Love" sequences, when it blends so well with the harmonies.

Cinderella had one of the worst restorations, from the Platinum Edition DVD to the Signature Collection Blu-ray, but now, I think it's one of the best and most beautiful. If only they would give Beauty and the Beast the same treatment.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Teppy, I agree with you 100%!!!

I actually saw that The Prince of Egypt was released in 4K recently. That movie was made in 2K (like all the 90s animated movies)... so they made an new film print from it, scanned it at 4K and the put that on the disc. Wouldn't mind them doing THAT with BATB... though I would want an original version... no tinkering! No Imax adjustment crap
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm doing well, Iceflash! And yes, great to return when Cinderella finally gets its due.

Vlad, that is lovely to hear. I really want a 4K TV someday. The sound, I read, is the same 5.1 mix they had done for some previous release, I think, and many have complained the original mono is not present with this great restoration. But it's a small thing to me, and I am glad you are enjoying the sound so much as it is.

Marce, in total agreement!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Hey Marce :) I actually bought the new 4K release of The Prince of Egypt on Amazon, and I'll be watching it this weekend. I haven't seen the movie since i had it on VHS when I was a kid.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Cinderella's 4K steelbook will have the same design as the other steelbooks that were released this year:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So is this 4K steelbook the new restoration? I thought the new restoration was a DMC exclusive. What is CBR? If I knew this was the new restoration, honestly, I think I'd prefer to have this cover to the DMC one.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

It's kinda underwhelming. The inside artwork is nice though.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It's not as great as I was hoping for (I was hoping for something like the opening storybook in the film, but with the transformation in the center), but this is lovely to me! I'll be getting it!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The Disney 100 cover designs have been so lazy, but at least the inside cover art is very pretty.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I agree that the picture in the front is very blah, bit I do like the slipper on the back and the fact that the whole thing is silver (appropriate since the restoration finally makes Cinderella's dress silver again, ha).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Haha, yes about the silver!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, not a fan of the cover (I've also never been into steelbooks, would rather have a slipcover or digibook), but I'm looking forward to whenever we get the wide release. I don't think that I'd like to revive my DMC account, especially since Strange World can also be found at Walmart.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I found this online. I think it was a first draft of Cinderella's Platinum Edition DVD Cover artwork. I also posted the final art for comparison.

Image Image

Cinderella and the Prince are okay on the first draft (they seem to be taken directly from the Masterpiece VHS), although, the way she's holding her dress is weirdly drawn. It kinda doesn't make any sense. The backgrounds look better, the castle seems to be taken directly from the movie. The carriage also looks better in the first draft, but the mice look better in the final art.