DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I just found, and love, this interview from Ilene Woods. Anyone know when it was recorded? 2012 like the site says it was published?

Ilene Woods Working with Walt

It's an interview that the Walt Disney Family Foundation recorded circa 2000/2001, as it's the same style as the interviews used in the 2001 documentary Walt: The Man Behind the Myth. Woods is not featured in that documentary, but these clips are part of the interactive offerings at the Walt Disney Family Museum, usually through a scrollable screen of different topics for particular films. I think portions of this are used in the 1950s room, as it has a few booths where you can scroll through video clips for both the animated and live-action films of the decade. There are two more clips posted by the Walt Disney Family Museum account:

Ilene Woods Talks Cinderella: Walt's Love for the Character

Ilene Woods talks Cinderella: Voice Over Recording

Both my visits to the museum in 2016 and 2018 were unfortunately too brief for my liking (just a couple hours each), so I couldn't peruse through all the clips in each room. Plus, all the artwork and other artifacts in each room are worth the visitors' attention as well.

farerb wrote:
I have a question - I know that sometimes Disney screen films at local theaters and such and I was wondering if anyone has seen Cinderella and can tell what the DCP looks like and if it resembles the blu ray? I know that Beauty and the Beast has a DCP that looks nothing like the blu ray and I was wondering if Cinderella might be the same case.

From fall 2015 to winter 2016, CineMark Theatres offered a special "Disney Screen" programming block where, every week, four Disney films were presented that shared a common theme (stuff like "Princess Week" or "Animal Week" or "Page to Screen Week"). Surprisingly, this programming block was only offered in six cities around the country, but fortunately for me, Orlando was one of those cities. (I suspect being right by Walt Disney World helped.) Across the year-and-a-half that this block was offered, I saw 30 Disney films ranging as early as Dumbo (1941) and as late as Tangled (2010). I went to a screening of Cinderella in October 2015 during the "Page to Screen" week, and its theatrical presentation was the same as the 2005 and 2012 home media releases. Likewise, the theatrical presentation of The Sword in the Stone during another week was the same, smeary transfer that's on the Blu-Ray. Beauty and the Beast wasn't offered on Disney Screen until late in its run, as it had been vaulted until the September 2016 Signature Collection came out. For the two themed weeks that it finally did appear (one week in October and another in November), it was the superior DCP that differed from the Blu-ray.

Albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh my God, thank you Escapay for your responses! I am so incredibly happy to see hear what Ilene said, and glad to know what kind of restoration Disney chooses to show the film on at theatres, though I am also sad it's not a better one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 am 
Collector's Edition

Thank you, Escapay. Now I'm glad I didn't go to see Cinderella at Cinema when I had the chance. Too bad Disney never saw the need to make a new restoration for the film. This is not how they should treat a film that has just entered the NFR.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:21 am 
Platinum Edition

Here's some concept art:
15 Pieces Of Concept Art For "Cinderella" That Are Truly Beautiful
https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/i ... wjGlwMGLLm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:03 am 
Platinum Edition

Thank you Amy! I never knew Mary Blair made a concept for the castle that looks exactly like the shot in the film!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:18 am 
Platinum Edition

You're welcome! The picture of Cinderella's step family stu k out to me, because of how different they look (the sisters have cute dresses!), and Pic #15 because the top left pic reminds me of Aurora.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:55 am 
Platinum Edition

I would have loved to see that Aurora-looking design for Cinderella, as long as the rest of the designs followed suit! I mean, I prefer the one we got, but I really love that Aurora-like one! Her hair, her crown, her dress!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Here's some concept art:
15 Pieces Of Concept Art For "Cinderella" That Are Truly Beautiful
https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/i ... wjGlwMGLLm

The picture of the coach and the one of Cinderella and the Prince by the fountain are particularly beautiful.

Kesha ~ "Learn to Let Go"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "Rainbow"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:11 am 
Platinum Edition

6 Enchanting Cinderella Facts Fit for Royalty
https://d23.com/enchanting-cinderella-f ... t-royalty/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm 
Platinum Edition

I didn't know the other mice had names... Now to figure out which name fits which mouse. :?

Kesha ~ "Learn to Let Go"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "Rainbow"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 am 
Platinum Edition

Thanks for the cool facts Sotiris!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:53 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney Animation Designer Breaks Down Cinderella's Transformation and It's Homages - Vanity Fair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:49 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney Duster wrote:

That is super neat!!! Thanks for posting it! I wish there were more videos that exist about effects animation; I think it's pretty interesting!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:34 am 
Platinum Edition

You're welcome! Yeah, I think it's really interesting, too! I am surpried they didn't use when Tiana goes from frog to princess, though. It matches what Cinderella's was about more, and the effects are more swirly and sparkly there like Cinderella's I think, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16