DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:36 am 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Thanks Sotiris! That's interesting. And another interesting thing pertaining in what we've all been talking about of late is that the animation sketches, I guess the rough animation sketches (?) can look very different from the final animation! Check out Cinderella's tiara or whatever you call it on her head. It's different from the one in the final film:

Here's a screencap with the final film tiara:

They have way too much white junk under those dresses.

https://www.disneyclips.com/imagesnewb4/images/aurora_dress.gif
Look at look that junk under Aurora's dress. i saw an image of Belle on a stand holding disney posters in which it looked like she had a white junk convention under there with three or four layers. Guess they will be virgins for the rest of their lives with all that in the way.

I had a dream in which B-29s were bombing Cinderella's castle because the crews blamed her for attacking their country. They knocked down half of it with the clock tower.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 am 
Platinum Edition

That goes back to the part of the discussion I posted in here about the skirt's shapes coming from many layers of petticoats (which I prefer) instead of cages, but I think they apparently makes the dresses heavy whereas cages make them lighter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:53 am 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
That goes back to the part of the discussion I posted in here about the skirt's shapes coming from many layers of petticoats (which I prefer) instead of cages, but I think they apparently makes the dresses heavy whereas cages make them lighter.

I prefer petticoats as well over cages. I think Pocahontas is the only princess with a cage in her ballgown.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:13 am 
Platinum Edition

Glad we agree! I wanted to share a few images. I may every once in a while post some Cinderella images I like, I don't know, but here are some I've wanted to post for a while.

First is this concept art from Mary Blair of the beginning of the "So This is Love" fantasy sequence. I actually like how ity looks even more than the one that appeared in the film!:

And next, the transformation scene, in pencil animation! Which I wish to God Disney would finally show, in full, as a bonus feature on home video! Well, actually I'll post it in the post after this. I can't post more than three images per post, for some reason.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:15 am 
Platinum Edition

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:30 pm 
Limited Edition

Lets try this again. Look at all that white mess under Aurora's dress she doesn't need that.
Imageaurora_dress by bradhig, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:08 am 
Platinum Edition

All that white is one petticoat and it is under the dress to give it fullness and I like it.

I have to add, I forgot that I once saw a color key for Cinderella that called Cinderella's swags a bustle! I don't remember if it was from the Platinum release or if it's among my many images. I will look for it someday! Anyone interested in knowing?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 am 
Limited Edition

The petticoats are more visible in the clipart anyway. They're rarely seen in the actual films except for the dancing scenes, mainly for Cinderella and Aurora.

If you can find that image that labels Cinderella's dress with a bustle, I'd be interested!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 am 
Platinum Edition

Ok, when I have to time to look for it, I will. I don't know when, but some day!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm 
Limited Edition

From Beauty and the Beast. Does Belle have an army under there? She doesn't need all that.

Imagebeauty-and-the-beast-disneyscreencaps.com-7438 by bradhig, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:14 pm 
Limited Edition

I think the main reason for that is because if they only used one petticoat (or none at all), then everything under her dress would show and Belle isn't Jessica Rabbit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:06 am 
Platinum Edition

Yes, that is probably right, too. The pettocoats cover the girl's bodies, too.

But bradhig, you must not have read what we said in the earlier discussion, that fullness of skirts could be achieved by many, many petticoats under the skirts, so that's probably why Belle has so many and Cinderella probably had that many, too.

So, I just did a little perusing through my Platinum Edition of Cinderella, worried I wouldn't find the image with the indication of Cinderella's swags being called a bustle, because I had done a search for that same thing a long time ago, but I must have looked in the wrong places last time, because this time I said I would search through everything, and lo and behold, I found it!

I thought it had colors but it's just a white sheet that says what the colors of things should be, and the last thing listed is what kind of looks like "Bistle" but I'm very sure it must be the word "Bustle". Here it is!:

And here it is zoomed in on the word and highlighting the word:

Do think it must be a bustle now?

Oh, and did you think anything, even just midlly liking, the Mary Blair "So This is Love" image or the transformation in pencil skecth form?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:41 am 
Limited Edition

Wow, you found that picture quickly! Thanks for all your sleuthing.

Yes, that word likely is bustle and it definitely is referring to the two poofy things on Cinderella's dress since it has the same color as Cinderella's earrings, gloves, and bodice outline. I guess you've been right all along about Cinderella having a bustle. To be honest, I still don't see it as a bustle since when I think of bustle, I think more of what Anastasia and Drizella were wearing for their ballgowns or even Jane Porter's yellow dress, but I've never pretended to understand Victorian fashion anyway. I'm not the expert here so it's nice that we have this confirmed once and for all.

I meant to respond to your earlier post about Mary Blair's concept art but I got distracted with all the discussion about the petticoats. Thank you for reminding me! The concept art is gorgeous and I don't think I ever noticed those pink roses before in the second stil. I checked the finished film, but the roses are absent in the same scene which is a pity. They're not necessary, but I do like their addition in the concept art. Otherwise, I like the movie version just as much as the concept art.

As for the transformation sequence, the animation is absolutely stunning and nothing in CGI has ever been able to compare. I'm glad we have this test sequence since the original has been butchered on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14