The Three Caballeros Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Christian wrote:There's a soundtrack for it? On CD?
Yup. I actually borrowed it from the library. The music is really nice.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Hmm, I bet it's a Canadian thing.
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DDMAN26 »

It's a enjoyable little movie. I usually watch it if I'm doing something else like laundry.
Most Anticpated: Watchmen Terminator Salvation Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

The first time I watched this on video 10-12 years ago I thought it was basically a mess. Maybe it is, but eventually I've come to appreciate this title a lot more over the years - just like the other package features of the 40s.
Kenai
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kenai »

Christian wrote:I think it's a great movie. Don't analyze it, just let it take you for a ride.
Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Christian wrote:Hmm, I bet it's a Canadian thing.
I got two movies mixed up. Three Caballeros with Three Musketeers. The Three Musketeers starred Goofy, Mickey and Donald. The soundrack was for The Three Musketeers and not Three Caballeros. Sorry about that.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Sorry to bump such an old thread!

I was cleaning my room because my aunts were coming over. One of the things I did was rearrange my DVD/VHS collection, then behind the self was "The Three Caballeros" on VHS. And I said, "I haven't seen this in a loooong time!" So I decided to watch it.

For some reason I've always been ignoring this film just because it was package film. So when I watched this and came to the end I said, "That movie is brilliant!"

I mean I can't believe I've been ignoring it for this long. There are 2 excellent shorts called "'The Cold-Blooded Penguin" and that short with the flying donkey were great shorts! They are worth watching the movie alone! Plus this movie also has two terrific characters: Panchito and José Carioca! Plus that Aracuan Bird was hilarious! :lol:

The music was very good! The song, "The Three Caballeros" is an incredibly catchy song and also has alot of great gags during the song.

Plus it was also kinda interesting to see different spanish heritages.

The only only complaint I have is that the scenes were Donald is chasing the girls. It goes on a bit too long and gets tiresome.

But aside from that this movie is such an underrated gem! It actually is getting in my top 10 favorite animated movie of the 44 animated classics! That's how awesome it was! In fact I had to watch it twice! :D

A very good movie worth watching! 9/10
n69n
Limited Issue

Post by n69n »

THE THREE CABALLEROS is one of my favorites!!!!

the mary blair art direction really shows & the colors, THE COLORS,
THE COLORS!!!!

plus the characters are soooo coooool & we get to see a side of Donald's personality we'd never seen before!

ImageImageImage
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

n69n wrote:we get to see a side of Donald's personality we'd never seen before!
...neither before nor since, I'd say. :D
feedmelinguini
Gold Classic Collection

Post by feedmelinguini »

The most tragic thing about the Gold Collection rerelease is that it contains virtually none of the wonderful extras originally found on the Exclusive Archive Collection laserdisc for this film and Saludos Amigos. If Disney ever wanted to rerelease this film on a special edition DVD (or maybe a Treasure with Saludos Amigos), they would already have tons of material--already digitized--that they could use. It would be a labor-saving (and therefore cost-saving) move for them to make and could even herald the return of an uncut Saludos. Are you listening, Disney?

-Lon
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

"The Three Caballeros" was not bad. It features Donald Duck along with Jose Cariolca (from "Saludos Amigos") and Pachito the Rooster. The animation mixed with a bunch of live action sequence throughout the entire film. The movie was made in 1945. The movie was released in February just three months prior to Franklin Roosevelt's death and six months prior to the bombing of Hiroshima. That film was not one of my favorites. The TV version was edited and aired on a "Disneyland" episode entitled "A Present For Donald". And once again, Jose returned in 1948 with Donald once again in "Melody Time".
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

blah

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I guess I feel stupid. I have yet to see this movie. What's it about?
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Re: blah

TheSequelofDisney wrote:I guess I feel stupid. I have yet to see this movie. What's it about?
I think you've made similar comments in other threads about the "package films", but most people haven't seen everything, so I'd say there's hardly reason to feel stupid. But if you feel you're missing out, you can do something about it.

TTC isn't really "about" much, but it's a collection of impressions from Disney artists' and Disney characters' travels in South America in the early 1940s. The first time I saw this I thought it was a mess and basically a waste of videotape. But I've come to see its value eventually.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

By the way, if you've watched the film, Dora Luz sang the original "You Belong to My Heart". It was also a popular song when it was later made by Bing Crosby. Bing's version was a success outside of the film. There are a lot of versions of that song when it was performed by many artists.

In "Pluto's Blue Note", they did the same song too.

61 years later, Andrea Bocelli sang his version of "You Belong to My Heart" with spanish lyrics under the title "Solamente Una Vez". Thanks to his recent CD "Amore". If you haven't listened to Andrea's version of the same song, here it is. It was from the CD that I have in my collection. Enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8xho44
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

The Three Caballeros and Saludos Amigos are two of my top five favorite Disney classics. The style, colors, and historical aspect of both of them make them favorites.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

I would buy the movie, but I despise the "Gold Collection," so I'm waiting for another DVD, hopefully with Slaudos Amigos, so I can get that movie too. As long as they aren't under the "Gold Collection".
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

The very best release of TTC is an "Exclusive Archive Collection" laserdisc box set from 1995. It includes both The Three Caballeros AND Saludos Amigos and a lot of interesting background material. For those who got "into" this sort of thing more recently one should hope that an equivalent set surfaces on DVD some day - if buying a LD set is out of the question...
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Lars Vermundsberget wrote:The very best release of TTC is an "Exclusive Archive Collection" laserdisc box set from 1995. It includes both The Three Caballeros AND Saludos Amigos and a lot of interesting background material. For those who got "into" this sort of thing more recently one should hope that an equivalent set surfaces on DVD some day - if buying a LD set is out of the question...
I don't have a LD player, so yeah, this set would be impossible for me to have. Let's hope a good DVD will come soon.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I think this film has some of Ward Kimball's best work. I first taped this movie off Disney Channel back in the 80's and eventually got an official VHS. I've been holding off on the DVD (like many other Disney DVD's) because of the lack of bonus features. It would be awesome to see the material of the LD surface one of these days but given their record over at Buena Vista I'm not exactly holding my breath.
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Well, if you want it enough - both laserdiscs and players have been available for little money for years now - if you're able to "handle it". 8)