Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:49 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Two words Sequel - disc rot.

And I still need to find me a Joe Carioca plush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Ze (Jose) Carioca has been a very popular comic character in Latin America, right? I wonder if they'd have plushies of him down there at all. . . aw, I want one too!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:05 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

enigma - I have searched Ebay a lot but no luck lots of figuries and pins. No plushes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mr. Toad wrote:
Two words Sequel - disc rot.

As for "rot": First of all, I wouldn't really expect any sort of disc to last forever. But the laserdiscs that were bad should be expected to have "rotted" by now. I don't worry particularly about LDs that are still good now after all these years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:32 am 

I second the notion that they need to maybe do a Walt Disney Treasures set of the Three Caballeros and Saludos Amigos using the laserdisc extras. Maybe also a Treasures set with uncut versions of Melody Time and Make Mine Music! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:14 am 
Platinum Edition

DDMAN26 wrote:
It's a enjoyable little movie. I usually watch it if I'm doing something else like laundry.

That's a great way to get my package films watched! I like the package films, but I tend not to watch them much.

Timon/Pumbaa fan wrote:
Plus that Aracuan Bird was hilarious! :lol:

Yes- he cracks me up, too!

feedmelinguini wrote:
The most tragic thing about the Gold Collection rerelease is that it contains virtually none of the wonderful extras originally found on the Exclusive Archive Collection laserdisc for this film and Saludos Amigos.

Maybe if the films are released on Blu-ray, Disney will add those bonus features? (Or maybe on DVD, too...?!?)

More package film trivia that I've found:

http://www.tcmuk.tv/movie_database_resu ... e&id=93058

Quote:
The working titles of this film were Surprise Package, Latin for a Day, Latino por un dia, and Let's Go Latin.

Quote:
Two of the shorts, "The Flying Gauchito" (or "The Remarkable Donkey") and "The Cold-Blooded Penguin" (or "Pablo Penguin"), were produced simultaneously with Saludos Amigos. "The Flying Gauchito" was based on material that studio artists had gathered in South America during their 1941 trip. After its completion, Disney had planned to release it as part of a series of short cartoons about gauchos, but none of the other shorts were completed.

Quote:
In August 1942, Hollywood Reporter announced that producer Walt Disney was planning to make a film on Mexico, although the news item did not specify whether the film would be a feature or a short, or consist solely of animation. A group of studio artists visited Mexico from late 1942 through early 1943, auditioning Mexican performers and making sketches and paintings to be used as reference material. On July 14, 1943, Hollywood Reporter noted that production supervisor Norman Ferguson was leading studio artists on another tour of Mexico City to gather Mexican reference materials, which were eventually used for The Three Caballeros. In addition, at the request of the U.S. government, the studio produced a series of non-theatrical shorts, for distribution in Mexico and South America, demonstrating how to combat illiteracy, malnutrition and various diseases. According to an February 18, 1945 Los Angeles Times article, Disney had also intended to produce a third "Latin-American film," entitled Cuban Carnival, but that picture was not produced.

Quote:
According to a June 7, 1945 Hollywood Reporter news item, the picture was "doing the biggest business of any feature ever released in the Latin American market" and would gross "in excess of $700,000 in that territory or double the gross" of the Disney Studio's 1938 feature Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:22 am 
Platinum Edition

Celebrate 75 Years of The Three Caballeros with These Totally Retro Promotional Stills
https://d23.com/three-caballeros-promotional-stills/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:47 am 
Platinum Edition

Poor thread only gets love once a decade!

A few months ago, maybe a year now?, I read "South of the Border with Disney" & watched Walt + El Grupo, Saludos Amigos, & The Three Caballeros all within a few days, and it was a really enjoyable way to enjoy all that content, all together.