Best Music Video of End Credit Songs

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Best Music Video of End Credit Songs

Post by Sotiris »

Interesting idea for a thread. I've compiled every music video for a WDAS film I could find here. I've not included foreign-language music videos or music videos produced for home video releases.

The Little Mermaid
Part of Your World (re-release)
Kiss the Girl (UK re-release)

Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast

Aladdin
A Whole New World

The Lion King
Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Circle of Life *
Hakuna Matata *

Pocahontas
If I Never Knew You
Colors of the Wind

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Someday
Someday (UK)

Hercules
Go the Distance
I Won't Say I'm in Love (UK)
Shooting Star (UK)

Mulan
Reflection

Tarzan
You'll Be in My Heart
Strangers Like Me *
Trashin' the Camp * **

The Emperor's New Groove
My Funny Friend and Me

Lilo & Stitch
Can't Help Falling in Love
Can't Help Falling in Love (alternate version)

Treasure Planet
I'm Still Here

Brother Bear
Look Through My Eyes
No Way Out

Home on the Range
Anytime You Need a Friend

Chicken Little
Shake a Tail Feather
One Little Slip *

Meet the Robinsons
Kids of the Future
Kids of the Future (alternate version)
Little Wonders *

Bolt
I Thought I Lost You

The Princess and the Frog
Never Knew I Needed
Never Knew I Needed (alternate version)
Never Knew I Needed (Germany)

Tangled
Something That I Want
Something That I Want (alternate version)
Something That I Want (Benelux)

Winnie the Pooh
So Long **

Wreck-It Ralph
When Can I See You Again?
Sugar Rush

Frozen
Let It Go

Big Hero 6
Immortals

Zootopia
Try Everything

Moana
How Far I'll Go
You're Welcome

Ralph Breaks the Internet
Zero
In This Place

Frozen II
Into the Unknown
Lost in the Woods

Raya and the Last Dragon
Lead the Way
Trust Again (Southeast Asia) *

Encanto
Colombia, Mi Encanto **
Dos Oruguitas ***

Wish
A Wish Worth Making
This Wish *
This Wish (alternate version) * ***

* Song does not appear on the end credits
** Music video/behind-the-scenes hybrid
*** Live performance edited to work as a music video
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Oooh... Fareb always created the best threads!

Most of them are pretty generic. I will always love the BATB one, but I know that is mostly for nostalgic reasons.

I guess is I was trying to be objective, the "You'll be in my heart" is the best one, simply cause it looks like it his higher production value and it doesn't feel like it was just made to be part of the press junket of an animated movie. But that is hardly the song I like the most.

The worst one is probably the Part of Your World one. Clearly an afterthought, and it's just awkward to watch Jodi awkwardly trying to lip-sync herself.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Cool theme idea, Farerb :)
I really love the songs but in general all those Music Videos only showcase people singing with pretty visuals and thats it,ย  it lacks something interesting like some sort of storytelling or concept to really judge them imo, like Iconic videos from Katy Perrys "Teenage dream" era, Taylor Swifts " Blank Space" , MJs "Thriller" for example. Only one really has an interesting premise and is probably my favourite music video:
Enchanteds "Ever Ever After", it has partly 2d animation, magic, and wraps the given movie great in under 4 minutes. I rewatched it like 30 times or something lol
https://youtu.be/QAniOB1Ts4k?feature=shared

But I can try to Rank the Pop Versions too (only the songs not videos):

1. "Ever Ever After"

2. If I never Knew You: I really love this one. Love the production, the vocals, really cool. Imo still debatable if I love it more than the movie version.

3. "Youll be in my heart" beautiful song. Its soo good. My favourite Phil Collins song

4.ย  Beauty and the Beast: way better than the movie version. It sounds like a grand emotional power ballad, which wasnt the case in the movie version, (but it delivers the calm feeling of baby steps in a relationship or something) this makes the song more justice imo.

5. Never knew I needed: love his vocals and the production. But I prefer his duet with Cassandra Steen that was avaiable in some country version. She was also the voice of Tiana in the german version I think https://youtu.be/z1lLvs1-2yY?feature=shared

6. Reflection: Christinas Vocals are powerful and I love in that this is almost basically the full Version of the song with bridge and more, but im still glad they trimmed the movie version as it wasnt about the parents anymore.

7. How far ill go: i think Alessia Caras voice is really interesting and I listened to this Version on repeat every day in 2017 lol

8. Let it go

9. into the unknown

10. Colors of the Wind

11. A whole New world: love the vocals, but i really prefer the movie version
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I love that "Lost in the Woods" echos the film and has Kristen Bell. And it's still my favorite Disney song of the past many years.

"Never Knew I Needed" is still my favorite end credits song, and I like that the video has its own story.

Thanks, Sotiris and Farerb, for posting the links; I'll have to check them out later; some I haven't seen and some I probably haven't seen in a decade or two!