Moana (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Moana (Live-Action)

Post by Farerb »

Release Date: June 27, 2025
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

SMH... The original Moana won't even be 10 years old at that point. I thought they'd aim to release the remake closer to the original's 10th anniversary.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

A shame, I had hoped it might come next Fall. When does SW come, this Fall or next Fall?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:15 am A shame, I had hoped it might come next Fall. When does SW come, this Fall or next Fall?
Google + IMDB say 3/22/24.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Thank you. My memory is shot. I'm surprised they wouldn't give SW and Moana November slots, but I'm glad Wish is getting one. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I still can't believe this is happening. :lol: :lol:
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Me neither, Vlad.

Best case scenario, "Haunted Mansion" does gangbusters, Disney throws itself into cannibalizing its theme park properties for tentpole films, and I am spared a live action "Encanto" trilogy.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Why Disney?! Just why?! It’s too recent :( Also, Dwayne Johnson’s greed has really gotten over his head because of the box office failure of Black Adam. Just make an original live-action musical film set in Polynesia starring him you guys! Is it that hard?! Why?! :huh:
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

With the writers strike going on we aren't getting it any time soon
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Rock confirmed that the live-action version of Moana will be his next movie role. He visit The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to discuss the project. During their interview, Dwayne Johnson revealed that Thomas Kail will be the director for Moana in 2026. Along with that information, the actor also shared that Lin-Manuel Miranda will be helping compose the music for the remake. (This also sees the songwriter and Kail teaming-up again after Hamilton.)
Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/the-r ... ext-movie/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Just announce that Frozen remake already. What are they even waiting for?

Gross.
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

I hope they cast a monoracial DARK-SKINNED Polynesian actress

The fact that gen z activists didn't had a single problem with Auli'i playing Moana in the live action was very hypocritical, I love Auli'i, a queer icon, but she's literally only 1/4 Polynesian said by herself

Imagine Halsey playing Tiana because she's 1/4 black
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Pokenonbinary wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:34 am I hope they cast a monoracial DARK-SKINNED Polynesian actress

The fact that gen z activists didn't had a single problem with Auli'i playing Moana in the live action was very hypocritical, I love Auli'i, a queer icon, but she's literally only 1/4 Polynesian said by herself

If the main character of the first spanish set disney movie can look nothing like a spanish person, then a mixed Aulii can play Moana
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Lele wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:40 pm
Pokenonbinary wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:34 am I hope they cast a monoracial DARK-SKINNED Polynesian actress

If the main character of the first spanish set disney movie can look nothing like a spanish person, then a mixed Aulii can play Moana
Ay por dios deja de dar el coñazo con lo de que existan los españoles negros

Buuh que miedo, hay españoles negros

No es lo mismo para nada con que Moana, una polinesia que vive en una isla con 0 diversidad donde follan entre primos sea sólo 1/4 polinesia y el rest portuguesa y canaria (la actriz es básicamente eso)

Quitar diversidad está mal, añadir diversidad está bien

Y repito, en españa hay y han habido negros, acéptalo de una vez
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Pokenonbinary wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:55 pm
Lele wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:40 pm

No es lo mismo para nada con que Moana, una polinesia que vive en una isla con 0 diversidad donde follan entre primos sea sólo 1/4 polinesia y el rest portuguesa y canaria (la actriz es básicamente eso)

well thanks for confirming that by diversity you only mean anti white and erasing white people from their own stories and cultures.

Again, if you want to claim that there are black spanish to justify this, then there are white polynesians so it's fine for her to be white.
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Lele wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:53 am
Pokenonbinary wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:55 pm

well thanks for confirming that by diversity you only mean anti white and erasing white people from their own stories and cultures.

Again, if you want to claim that there are black spanish to justify this, then there are white polynesians so it's fine for her to be white.
Spain has a diverse history through the centuries till present day

Polynesian islands on the other side were not diverse, they only had contact with other Polynesian groups, so Moana being the daughter of the chief while being only 1/4 Polynesian doesn't make any type of sense

Also even if white polynesians existed making her lighter/whitepassing is colorism

And no anti white racism doesn't exist in Hollywood, but of course the mods will delete this post of me saying white people don't suffer racism inside the USA.

Spain is not white history, Asha is as spaniard (being a fictional character) than the same character if they made her blonde with blue eyes
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Pokenonbinary wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:25 am
Lele wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:53 am

Spain has a diverse history through the centuries till present day

Polynesian islands on the other side were not diverse, they only had contact with other Polynesian groups, so Moana being the daughter of the chief while being only 1/4 Polynesian doesn't make any type of sense

Also even if white polynesians existed making her lighter/whitepassing is colorism

And no anti white racism doesn't exist in Hollywood, but of course the mods will delete this post of me saying white people don't suffer racism inside the USA.

Spain is not white history, Asha is as spaniard (being a fictional character) than the same character if they made her blonde with blue eyes
If fighting against colonizers means being diverse, then there should be no problem with white people portraying any african or polynesian characters since by your own logic then, Africa and Polynesia have diverse histories to this day - and neither are black or brown stories or history, as you try to say about Spain.

Asha is not as spaniard as an actual spanish person, blonde and blue eyes or not, as she's a half black african. Hilarious how you were the first to reject that logic when it comes to white polynesians yet try to pretend Asha is as spanish as an actual spanish person.

And making the main character of the first spanish story is blackwashing.

If Spain is not white history, then neither is literally any other region brown, asian or black history.

Yeah, no racism when Disney CEO's are openly boasting about rejecting good new scripts if it has white characters, and internionally stealing white stories and erasing white people from them - and even worse only showing them as the evil/traitors inside their own stories.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Moana’ Star Auli’i Cravalho Explains Why It’s ‘Really Important’ for Her to Not Be in Live-Action Version: ‘I Say That With My Whole Chest’
https://www.thewrap.com/moana-live-acti ... not-in-it/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I wonder if they'll end up moving the release date. Even if they literally start filming tomorrow, they wouldn't be done until summer, and barely one year of post-production feels insufficient for a project of this size. Aladdin and Mermaid had nearly two years (and Aladdin apparently still had trouble getting a useable shot of the Genie for a teaser trailer three months ahead).
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

What kind of scale is this going to be? is it theatrical? Direct to Disney plus?

They shot the Pinocchio remake in two months or less, if they wanted to and planned this out enough they wouldn't need to be still shooting in the summer.

But realistically I do expect it to be pushed. But I still think it releases the same year. They will want to minimize delays since the strikes that just happened will be delaying things enough as it is. Even if that means rushing things out the door.
Last edited by Kyle on Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.