Ariel (Disney Junior)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Ariel (Disney Junior)

Post by Sotiris »

Can The Little Mermaid as a brand handle three separate iterations? We have the animated trilogy, the live-action remake, and now this strange hybrid of a TV series. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make this an extension of the live-action remake instead of its own thing? Won't it add to brand confusion to have Ursula suddenly be one of the good guys or Ariel only have two sisters who are twins?

On a different note, I find it strange that despite this reimagining being set in the Caribbean, Disney managed to include an Asian and a Latino character in the main cast. Wasn't an all-Black cast diverse enough? I find it ironic they didn't include a white character when all the executives responsible for the show that were showcased in the video are themselves white.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Farerb wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:21 pm Someone posted a video with more details about the show:
https://twitter.com/devnsworld/status/1 ... 5d53Q&s=19
It looks cute! I’m sure it will be a hit with its target audience. I don’t have any young children in my life so I will probably never watch an episode unless Jodi Benson guest stars.

I’m not worried about kids getting confused about different versions of the same characters. The Jungle Book and TaleSpin were a little confusing as a kid, but I figured it out.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I might skim through an episode here and there to see how they do Ursula (hear Amber Riley's voice as the character, in other words), that's probably all. I wonder if this show might have any songs since they have a singer like Riley involved?

Yeah, Sotiris, you'd think they'd have connected it to the remake somehow. I imagine it'll do fine for what it is.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:13 pmI wonder if this show might have any songs since they have a singer like Riley involved?
Yes, there will be songs.

Berklee Dean Joins Creative Team of Disney's Ariel
https://www.berklee.edu/berklee-now/new ... sney-ariel
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Huh. Did I know that Flounder and Sebastian were going to have the same designs as the animated film, but no one else?

The uncanniness of this all is just growing.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

this is so offensive. this show isn't even out and they're already calling her an icon lol. Meanwhile the real Ariel who did appear on the Disney Channel is erased from history. Something very nefarious especially cuz everyone has noted the patterns of redheads being recast with black people...that is not prejudice???

this is exactly why I boycott modern Disney and don't give them any $$$.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, both Flounder and Sebastian looked good and the songs sounded cute and catchy enough. And the "fin-tastic" line was fun enough. But it still doesn`t seem to sit right with me to see both Ariel, Ursula and Triton not resemble themselves by any means. However, perhaps I could give the show a look due to the songs.
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Amazing to see the nerve of Disney to steal european folktales and even stealing european myths... while making all characters black. Usually they would at least keep one white character in, but looks like we reached a new stage huh.