LGBT Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: LGBT Disney

Post by Farerb »

Disney: Florida Republican Rep. Hints At Repealing Longstanding Statute That Benefits Company’s Orlando Operations
https://deadline.com/2022/03/disney-flo ... 234991935/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The Right’s Disney Freakout
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/01/opin ... y-gay.html

I think it's less a "Disney" freakout than a freakout over LGBT, but otherwise she nailed it. But I suppose it would suit this homophobic trope they're playing into of schools and teachers supposedly "brainwashing" children to be gay to insinuate the Disney company and its products are also brainwashing children to be gay. :roll: :lol: These people are f***ing sick. And it's sort of funny considering it's the same state that would like to perform pedophile-esque genital checks on children in locker rooms.

More Florida Republicans return Disney cash after 'Don't-Say-Gay' flap
https://www.news-journalonline.com/stor ... 229885001/

I say good, less money from Disney has helped their evil that way.

‘Encanto’s Jessica Darrow Says On Oscar Red Carpet That LGBTQ Is “Face Of Disney” Amid “Don’t Say Gay” Backlash
https://deadline.com/2022/03/oscars-enc ... 234988205/

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good luck trying to erase LGBT from the entertainment industry and still having movies that are worth a damn. Hopefully conservatives will end up helping us get our first LGBT protagonist finally! :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Have you seen the new Disney+ movie "Better Nate than Ever"?

We finally have an openly gay character as the lead in a Disney movie!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I had heard the title of Better Nate than Never bit didn't know what it was about! Yay! Disney's first movie with a gay lead character!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Florida Senate Passes Bill To Strip Disney Of Special District After Company’s Opposition To ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Law
https://deadline.com/2022/04/florida-di ... 235006637/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Signs Bill Repealing Disney’s Special District For Walt Disney World
https://deadline.com/2022/04/disney-don ... 235007250/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Look, Florida is sinking into the ocean. The soil is literally degrading. Miami is expected to be gone within a few decades.

It’s best to just let it be. Close down all operations. Let’s see how they do without the Disneyworld money.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Florida will be fine. It’s a great state.
Where do you think Disney can move where there’s no opposition to their anti- Parental Rights in Education stance?
Disney's Divinity

This was inevitable with Florida becoming a far right state. Disney World was never going to be safe there long-term with the kind of politics that are so antithetical to anything right at the helm; it was only a matter of time before they targeted Disney. They should take those jobs, tourism, and money to a state worthy of it. Anyway, saw this a week ago:

Disney Heir Publicly Comes Out As Trans and Denounces Anti-LGBTQ+ Bills
https://nowthisnews.com/news/disney-hei ... gbtq-bills
bruno_wbt wrote:Have you seen the new Disney+ movie "Better Nate than Ever"?

We finally have an openly gay character as the lead in a Disney movie!
I was referring to animated film.
carolinakid wrote:Florida will be fine. It’s a great state.
Where do you think Disney can move where there’s no opposition to their anti- Parental Rights in Education stance?
Out of the South? :D I'm guessing most states northward are much less likely to elect the more extreme types pushing the Don't Say Gay bills or calling teachers, LGBT individuals, the Disney company "pedophiles" and "groomers" for merely existing.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Maybe keep Disneyland as the sole US park and move the World to Puerto Rico or Central/South America where the weather would allow year round operation and lots of outdoor activity. Outside of Southern California or Florida I think weather would be an issue.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

Why do people entertain the notion that Disney will simply pack up it's bags and rebuild all their parks and properties somewhere else?! Do you have any idea how much such an operation would cost and how long it would take to plan and construct?! By the time that is done DeSantis will long be voted out and a forgotten blip in history, as all evil eventually is! Disney will stick to their guns and sue his ass into oblivion!

ps: It's telling that DeSantis would rather plunge his constituents into insurmountable debt and misery rather then even so much as SAY the word Gay! He needs to get his priorities straight and step into the 21st century instead of moving back towards the Middle Ages!
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

^^^
Another one who hasn’t read the bill and therefore mischaracterizes what it actually does.
Disney's Divinity

robster16 wrote:Why do people entertain the notion that Disney will simply pack up it's bags and rebuild all their parks and properties somewhere else?!
I've been partly saying that in jest. But PatrickvD is right that climate change is going to seriously impact Florida the next decade. Perhaps that on top of this might give them reason to consider a possible transfer to another state; or, rather, building new elsewhere and shutting that one down.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Deadline is reporting that the removal of Disney World's special district status will cost Disney hundreds of millions of dollars. Man, Chapek can't catch a break. :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Colorado's governor is saying Disney can move there:

https://www.newsweek.com/colorado-invit ... ks-1699450

And it's going to cost FL taxpayers millions of dollars by getting rid of Reedy Creek...(since Disney used to pay for the things needed)...
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

If WDW moves to Colorado then Disneyland really WILL become a locals’ park.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
robster16 wrote:Why do people entertain the notion that Disney will simply pack up it's bags and rebuild all their parks and properties somewhere else?!
I've been partly saying that in jest. But PatrickvD is right that climate change is going to seriously impact Florida the next decade. Perhaps that on top of this might give them reason to consider a possible transfer to another state; or, rather, building new elsewhere and shutting that one down.
Agreed. I was saying it in comedic way but I’m serious, Florida is at risk of sinking. This is preventable but Florida politicians are rejecting to act now to restore soil or build infrastructure that could protect it. We’re going to witness a disaster on the scale of Katrina but WAY worse within the next ten years.

Many countries are taking precautions. Indonesia is moving its capital, The Netherlands is building continuously to live with rising sea levels… but Florida is busy bullying gay children.

Miami will sink. That fate has been sealed. Disney would be wise to move now or risk greater financial loss later.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Why is Disney backing teacher led discussions on sexual orientation and transgenderism among 5-8 year olds? This is sick. I support Parental Rights in Education! Read the bill, not the deliberate misinformation.

I am queer and this is not the appropriate age for these discussions.
Disney's Divinity

I'm not sure why a topic about LGBT is being turned into a space for homophobic talking points instead. Stumping for the bill while being gay--or masquerading as gay, wouldn't surprise me--says something about you, sure, but it doesn't make the bill and its intentions any less reprehensible.

Anyway, it's funny for the same people who bemoan "wokeness" and Cancel Culture to be fine with Republicans punishing and silencing disagreement as here. They're attempting to cancel Disney, of course, but Disney is too big to be cancelled, and it won't happen because of homophobes and fearmongers, that's for sure. Disney learned those types ain't watching their content a long time ago, back in the '90s, I expect. If anything, they're probably propelling them into making more LGBT characters. :D
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Sorry to disappoint you, but the queer community is not monolithic in its political views, nor does it embrace groupthink. The queer community I belong to welcomes a diverse range of opinions.

Funny how some folks who become unhinged at “Republicans trying to cancel Disney” are perfectly at peace with “woke” people’s unsuccessful attempts to cancel Chick-fil-A and other corporations whose views they disagree with.
Disney's Divinity

No, the LGBT community isn't a monolith--there are even LGBT who don't believe in same-sex marriage being a right. So what? Now you're pro-Chick-Fil-A. :lol: :lol: There are always women against women's rights, too, for example, whether it was the right to vote, the right to own property, the right to control their own bodies, etc.; that's the state of the world, some people are ready and willing to eat their own.