Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Lost Girls
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Oscar winners Ellen Burstyn and Emma Thompson are among the ensemble cast for coming-of-age fantasy-drama movie The Lost Girls, a female-fronted take on the classic Peter Pan story by J.M. Barrie. Livia De Paolis is adapting, directing and starring in the film, which also will feature Thompson’s daughter Gaia Wise (A Walk in the Woods). De Paolis is adapting from Laurie Fox’s novel.

The Lost Girls will chronicle four generations of Darling women as they struggle in the aftermath of their adventures with Peter Pan in Neverland. The film will follow how Wendy (De Paolis) struggles to retain her creative spirit after her fantastical journeys with Pan. Like her grandmother (Burstyn) and her mother Jane (Thompson in a cameo role), Wendy must escape Pan’s hold on her and the promises he desperately wants her to keep. As her daughter Berry (Wise) comes into Peter’s orbit, Wendy must fight to save her relationship with her daughter while reconciling her legacy.

Myriad Pictures will handle international sales on the film and will co-rep U.S. with UTA Independent Film Group. Producers are Chris Curling (The Last Station) and Meta Valentic (Ladrón Que Roba a Ladrón). Peter Touche of Ingenious Media helped develop the project and is executive producing with Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico.

De Paolis, whose family ran Rome’s famous De Paolis Studio, said, “I have been fascinated with the hidden meanings of fairy tales since childhood, so when I read Laurie Fox’s novel The Lost Girls I was immediately on board with the way she reinvents J.M. Barrie’s timeless fairytale for a contemporary audience.”

Myriad’s D’Amico added: “We are delighted to be working with the producers and with
writer/director Livia de Paolis who has a vision for this retelling of the Peter Pan story in the MeToo era. The strong material has attracted an equally strong cast including Emma Thompson and Gaia Wise and others to be added soon.”
Source: https://deadline.com/2019/09/emma-thomp ... 202732171/

Post subject: Re: The Lost Girls
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 am 
Platinum Edition

I’ve never read or heard of the book before, but I love the idea. And Emma Thompson being a part of the cast can only make things better.

Maddie Poppe ~ "Not Losing You"
Celine Dion ~ "A New Day Is Dawning (Radio Remix)"

Post subject: Re: The Lost Girls
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:34 pm 
Special Edition

This sounds really facasting and wholly different from all other Peter Pan movies !

I am currently intrigued !