Beauty and the Beast Revival

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Beauty and the Beast Revival

Post by Thumper_93 »

This show must be in Broadway but with a different production than the one who is currently beeing used in Australia.
I don't think that they can afford a production like the first one. It would be very expensive but they can do a good Job. Broadway needs a classic aesthetically show now that The phantom is gone.
I also have the doll that you were talking. The box is amazing, very elegant and there is info about the show at the back of it.
Last year I also purchased a book about the spanish production and it has great quality pictures. I have to take some photos to show it to you.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thumper_93 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:41 am Broadway needs a classic aesthetically show now that The phantom is gone.
That’s a good point— now that Phantom has closed, a new gothic production of BATB might hit the spot for some Broadway audiences. But like you also say, maybe the costs today would be prohibitively expensive. Most likely if/when BATB is revived on Broadway, the sets and costumes will look very different from the original production— that’s just the nature of these things.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I'm sure about that everything is going to look different from the original production and it's a pitty because it had much personality.
I only hope for a bigger budget for a Broadway versión than the one that we had on the UK tour.