DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:12 am 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Andrew Lloyd Webber is developing a contemporary musical stage version of Cinderella, Deadline has confirmed. The prolific composer is collaborating with playwright/screenwriter Tom MacRae and writer/actress Emerald Fennell. The planned Cinderella would update the classic fairy tale to feature a modern heroine in the contemporary re-telling. Lloyd Webber expects to have his score for the new Cinderella finished by the end of this year.
Source: https://deadline.com/2018/09/andrew-llo ... 202463897/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:12 am 
Platinum Edition

HOLY SH*T YAY! My second favorite musical composer doing Cinderella!

Boo...it's a modern re-telling...

This is exciting because the music could be very, very gorgeous, and be one of, if not, the best scores the story ever had. But on the other hand, Cinderella works best and most beautifully set no later than the 19th century...

By the way thank you Sotiris for this thrilling news!!!

HEY I just thought of something...do you think what they mean is this will only be contemporary in some of what occurs and how they tell the story, not in setting?

EDIT: WELL...I discovered a longer article...and it sounds like it will be a modern setting...here it is:

Andrew Lloyd Webber Plans New 'Cinderella' Musical Project (Exclusive)

If you read the article, he says it will not be a fairy tale kingdom (boo) but not a recognizable modern place (yay?). It also says it will be "away from the world of magic and fairy godmothers." That's my freaking favorite part, so now I'm way less interested in this...and yet...there is some hope because it said it would follow "every piece of the story", so...STILL EXCITED!!!

Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

I don't think it'll top the music from Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, but I'm definitely looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:00 am 
Platinum Edition

I think Webber's melodies trump anything I've heard from Rodgers and Hammerstein. I think that's also an unpopular opinion, lol, so feel free to disagree. And don't get me wrong, I love and appreciate Rogers and Hammerstein's version. But I like Webber's music more so I wish he applied his music to a past-set fairy godmother-filled version. I'm still hopeful.