DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

For which theatrical Disney film are you most excited?
Captain Marvel 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Dumbo 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Penguins 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Avengers 4 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Aladdin 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
Toy Story 4 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
Spider-Man: Far From Home 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
The Lion King 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Artemis Fowl 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Jungle Cruise 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Frozen 2 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
Star Wars: Episode IX 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 40
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:40 am 
Platinum Edition

In 2019, Disney is setting the box office on fire! :wink: Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

Captain Marvel - March 08, 2019
Dumbo - March 29, 2019
Penguins - April 19, 2019
Avengers 4 - May 03, 2019
Aladdin - May 24, 2019
Toy Story 4 - June 21, 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home - July 05, 2019
The Lion King - July 19, 2019
Artemis Fowl - August 09, 2019
Jungle Cruise - October 11, 2019
Frozen 2 - November 27, 2019
Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:31 am 
Limited Edition

It was difficult just picking five. Star Wars and Avengers 4 are must-sees because they both cap off long-lasting franchises. Captain Marvel because I love the comic book character and it's about time the MCU introduces a female superhero with her own movie (Wasp is still 1/2 of a duo). Aladdin is one of my favorites so I warily chose it because I'm afraid I won't like the new take on it especially since I had a lukewarm reaction to the live-action Beauty and the Beast. Finally Toy Story 4 because I actually don't mind Pixar sequels which isn't a popular consensus on here. I'm also interested in the live-action films for Dumbo and The Lion King as well as Spider-Man. I'll probably check out Jungle Cruise and Artemis Fowl as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 am 
Platinum Edition

By order of excitement:

1. Aladdin
2. Frozen 2
3. Spider-Man: Far From Home
4. The Lion King
5. Toy Story 4
6. Dumbo
7. Artemis Fowl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 am 
Limited Edition

I'm super excited to see the new Avengers, Captain Marvel, Star Wars Episode IX, Frozen 2, The Lion King, Aladdin and Dumbo. :D

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 am 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
In 2019, Disney is setting the box office on fire! :wink:

Indeed. They’re going to break all records!

There are so many big titles that it’s hard to decide. I think the movies I’m more exited for right now are Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4. (By the way, this is the second year in a row that the offerings from both WDAS and Pixar are sequels). Though I didn’t think we needed any of these sequels, now I’m quite intrigued to know what Frozen 2 is going to be about. And both Toy Story sequels have turned out to be great, so this one could be good too.

After the animated films, the movies from Marvel are probably the ones I’m looking forward to the most this time. Of course, I want to know how Avengers ends, and I really liked Spider-Man: Homecoming and Tom Holland as Peter Parker, so I want to see the sequel too. Captain Marvel looks interesting as well.

From the Disney live action films/remakes, the ones I’m more interested in right now are Jungle Cruise and Dumbo. The first because it’s an original movie and I tend to like adventure films; and the latter mainly because it's directed by Tim Burton, but also because it looks like it will be different enough from the animated movie. I’m also curious about Aladdin and I’m especially looking forward to hearing the new Alan Menken songs, but the direct remakes of the Disney classics are the ones that I enjoy the least. And Beauty and the Beast was the worst of them for me. The only thing I really liked in it were the new songs. So, I’m not hopeful I will like this one either. The same with The Lion King. Though I think John Favreau did a good job with The Jungle Book, it’s not enough to make me exited for this remake.

And regarding Star Wars: Episode IX, I had mixed feelings about The Last Jedi and now I’m not as exited for the last chapter as before, but of course, I want to know how the trilogy ends.