DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ant-Man and the Wasp
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:29 pm 
Platinum Edition

The movie's coming out on July 6, 2018. I liked the first one and this looks much better, mostly due to Wasp's inclusion.

Teaser trailer
Theatrical trailer

Poster

Post subject: Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 am 
Limited Edition

I'm really excited for this one as well because I also loved the first one and Evangeline Lilly is getting to play an actual superhero now. Also looking forward to Pfeiffer's scenes.

Last edited by JeanGreyForever on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:38 am 
Platinum Edition

Oh, how could I forget Michelle Pfeiffer? That's another big draw for me. The movie has earned mostly positive reviews (currently at 90% at Rotten Tomatoes) and pretty much everyone said it's an improvement over the first one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:06 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm also looking forward to this movie. The first wasn't a great film, but was a lot of fun. And this one looks like it will be even funnier and full of cool action scenes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:10 am 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
I'm also looking forward to this movie. The first wasn't a great film, but was a lot of fun. And this one looks like it will be even funnier and full of cool action scenes.

These are pretty much my thoughts. The first film was just an alright way to spend an hour and a half. While I'm sure the sequel will be better than the first, I'm not expecting it to be something spectacular either, but it has quite a few actors involved I enjoy which makes it worth looking forward to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 am 
Limited Edition

The film was really entertaining and at least as good as the first. And I was surprised at how the good the de-aging effects were in the flashback with Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer’s characters.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:41 am 
Collector's Edition

Unlike certain other superhero movies these days, this was a feel-good movie. As far as I know, nobody was even killed in it, with the exception of some in Ghost's flashbacks, and I'm not sure what happened to the corrupt FBI-agent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 pm 
Limited Edition

^ Except for the Wasp and her parents, but we all know their deaths won't be permanent.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:35 am 
Collector's Edition

I assume that's in the end credits scene. I haven't seen it yet, and never sees it at the theatres. My patient is not big enough to sit through endless credits. They usually put it out in youtube later, if you can find it between the endless "end credits explained" videos.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 pm 
Limited Edition

Yes, that happened in an end credits scene. The first of the two the movie has. The second one wasn’t important at all. I’m sorry I’ve spoiled it for you. I assumed you had seen it.

I usually sit through the credits if I know the film has an end-credits scene (by the way, this website I recently discovered is quite useful for knowing that). I agree, though, that sometimes the credits seem to be endless. But my problem, at least some years ago when I saw a Pixar film, for example, was that I was usually the only one staying there during the credits and the theater workers were impatient peeking out from behind the door waiting for me to leave so they could enter and clean the theater before the next showing. So, sometimes I didn’t stay because I felt uncomfortable there. Nowadays though, thanks mainly to superhero films, people are more used to end-credit scenes and there are more people who also stay until the credits have finished. Theater employees have also gotten used to that and they don’t disturb until the movie is completely finished.