DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 pm 
Platinum Edition

Judging from the teaser trailer and the theatrical trailer, the movie looks really good! The only thing I don't like is them using chromatic aberration instead of a traditional camera effect to simulate background blur. It creates a result similar to what a 3-D movie looks like without glasses.

Poster

Source: https://www.facebook.com/SpiderVerseMov ... 088320291/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 pm 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
The only thing I don't like is them using chromatic aberration instead of a traditional camera effect to simulate background blur. It creates a result similar to what a 3-D movie looks like without glasses.

So that was intentional? When I saw the trailer some weeks ago, I thought I had clicked on the 3D version of the trailer :lol:. I don't like that effect either, but I agree, the movie looks good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:11 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Late reply. I am very much looking forward to this and I hope it restores Sony Pictures Animation's image with the general public (going by YouTube and Facebook comments it seems Sony became a laughingstock on releasing The Emoji Movie.) Also, I think the film's production designers and art directors as well as the crew at Sony Pictures ImageWorks - where the film is actually animated - deserve a huge thumbs up for the ballsy move of having a mainstream, big-budget animated film look stylistically distinct from every other CG film out there. Animation fans have been moaning for this year in year out.

As we know there were similar experiments being done at WDAS during their last dark age, but they were torpedoed before they could be applied to the finished films (i.e. Keane's original visual language for Tangled) or seemingly abandoned (i.e. Meander.) :(

Off-topic, but I often wonder what would have happened to WDAS had the Pixar purchase never happened. Would they have recovered from their slump by now (on their own), or could the situation have gotten so bad that the studio would have closed its doors?