Raya and the Last Dragon

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Re: Raya and the Last Dragon

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:16 pm Pixar started to go downhill since Cars 2 while Lasseter was still in charge. They didn't have any critical success during that time except Inside Out and Coco. And when it comes to Disney Animation, the only movies people seem to care about are the Princess musicals and maybe Zootopia.
Finding Dory Also still got critical and fan success, I’ve actually encountered quite a few people who actually like Dory better than Nemo :) Big hero 6 Is also still widely regarded and got a TV show and some short films after all :-) and I still see the first Wreck-It Ralph (Why the heck does everyone hate Ralph breaks the Internet so much?!It’s literally the only Walt Disney animation studios Sequel to actually live up to the original!) Still getting a lot of love :-)

And of course, monsters University even if it’s mostly in hindsight is so praised by fans that literally everywhere I go not mention this song very forum again still very much praises it :-)
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Farerb wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:00 pm
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:34 pm And Encanto.
Encanto wasn't made during Lasseter's time.
I know, but that is another Disney Animation movie people still care about.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Yeah ... this kind of reads like a bunch of half-truths being weaponized to kick Disney when it's down and/or create sympathy for Lasseter, which we have continued to see even through established and prominent outposts. I suppose Lee is as liable as anyone to be a tyrant behind closed doors, but for Lasseter there isn't any question of what kind of person he was or the kind of culture he created at Disney and Pixar (and good heavens, he was not the only piece of the puzzle keeping Disney animation afloat during the 2010s STOP ACTING LIKE HE'S OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, that article sounds like nonsense, although it's true Raya was one of those films where they tried to draw in people involved with the culture to tell it and all that. But it's not the first time they've done it. They've always brought on culture "experts" with films they've done, from Moana all the way back to Pocahontas (which is funny considering how hated that film by certain crowds these days).

Also, the article taps into conservatives' trope of the "replacement theory" as far as Lee supposedly wanting to "replace" everyone with "female activists"--laughable. It's sort of the way everyone who disagrees with conservatives are called "groomers" these days, the rhetoric runs in circles to the point it doesn't mean anything anymore.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I love the picture of Raya and Benja! It's always interesting to see 3D characters in fairly good hand-drawn form like this.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Will anyone be upset if I say Raya’s father, Chief Benja is one hot DILF??
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

carolinakid wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:56 pm Will anyone be upset if I say Raya’s father, Chief Benja is one hot DILF??
Not at all. Tell us what you'd do to him. :drool:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I’d love to, Jules, but I don’t think the language I would need to use is allowed!😉

Lord Tremaine too was one attractive daddy!
A sugar daddy too with all his 💰!

Even though I think the percentage of posters on this site who would agree with me is about 99%! 🌈
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

carolinakid wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:29 am I’d love to, Jules, but I don’t think the language I would need to use is allowed!😉

Lord Tremaine too was one attractive daddy!
A sugar daddy too with all his 💰!

Even though I think the percentage of posters on this site who would agree with me is about 99%! 🌈
I like the dad from Inside Out. Diane Lane is one lucky woman. :lol: