Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by Sotiris »

^Thanks for letting us know. Here's the exchange for people to see.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMovieClu ... 85/?type=3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Wow, I'm really surprised by that actually. Wasn't expecting that at all.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

what did they edit from the films?

does anyone know if Melody Time is available unedited yet?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

unprincess wrote:what did they edit from the films?

There's a few seconds of Goofy smoking from Saludos Amigos so the cigarette was censored out. Melody Time isn't available unedited yet. The segment cut out from the US is included in the UK DVD but they cut out another segment, one that is in the US. So you basically can't get a complete version anywhere.
ImageImage
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

This is fantastic news that this release will be unedited! Hopefully, Melody Time and Make Mine Music are on the horizon in their unedited parts. However, I am disappointed that there is not a slipcover for this release. Even though neither is a film that is known to the masses, their legacy in the canon is important and it's deserves a little more acknowledgement than a simple bare bones release . I mean if digital is the way they want to go..why not sync the bonus features to Disney Movie Rewards or the Disney Movies Anywhere accounts? They thought enough of this film at one time to commission and release an entire documentary about them not to mention an entire ride at Epcot.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Does anyone have experience purchasing these exclusive releases if you're not a member? And overseas as well :)
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I can confirm this today! Saludos Amigos is uncut on the DMC Blu-ray!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... tcount=277
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
unprincess wrote:what did they edit from the films?

There's a few seconds of Goofy smoking from Saludos Amigos so the cigarette was censored out. Melody Time isn't available unedited yet. The segment cut out from the US is included in the UK DVD but they cut out another segment, one that is in the US. So you basically can't get a complete version anywhere.
oh so its like with Pecos Bill where it now looks like he's smoking an invisible cig. :roll: Is Melody Time the one where they cut the short with the hillbillys? what segment did they cut out in the UK version?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

unprincess wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: There's a few seconds of Goofy smoking from Saludos Amigos so the cigarette was censored out. Melody Time isn't available unedited yet. The segment cut out from the US is included in the UK DVD but they cut out another segment, one that is in the US. So you basically can't get a complete version anywhere.
oh so its like with Pecos Bill where it now looks like he's smoking an invisible cig. :roll: Is Melody Time the one where they cut the short with the hillbillys? what segment did they cut out in the UK version?
Yes, but as confirmed now, the Blu-Ray is the uncut version, so there has been no censorship. Goofy does smoke in the Blu-Ray, so that makes this a moot point now, much to the thrill of purists. I'm surprised Disney took this route and maybe it explains why they chose to release this film through the Disney Movie Club instead.

Make Mine Music removes The Martins and the Coys, which is the one with the hillbillies. I looked up which segment was cut from the UK DVD, but I think I was wrong before or referring to a previous release. According to Wiki, the latest UK DVD (2013) is unedited and thus does not cut out any segments. So The Martin and the Coys is on there along with all the other segments. Sorry for the misinformation before.
Last edited by JeanGreyForever on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

PatrickvD wrote:Does anyone have experience purchasing these exclusive releases if you're not a member? And overseas as well :)
Hey Patrick! I once purchased a Disney Movie Club Exclusive DVD off eBay. That is probably the most practical way forward for us Europeans (or the rest of the world too.)

May be a bit pricey though.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Melody Time removes The Martins and the Coys, which is the one with the hillbillies.
Not Melody Time. MAKE MINE MUSIC is the correct title.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Jules wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:Does anyone have experience purchasing these exclusive releases if you're not a member? And overseas as well :)
Hey Patrick! I once purchased a Disney Movie Club Exclusive DVD off eBay. That is probably the most practical way forward for us Europeans (or the rest of the world too.)

May be a bit pricey though.

Thanks! I will give eBay a try for this one.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Chernabog wrote:
Melody Time removes The Martins and the Coys, which is the one with the hillbillies.
Not Melody Time. MAKE MINE MUSIC is the correct title.
Oops, I should have known that especially since I had the wiki article for Make Mine Music open in another tab. Silly me. Edited now.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I can confirm this today! Saludos Amigos is uncut on the DMC Blu-ray!:

That's amazing! I've never bought anything on eBay, but depending on the price, maybe I'll try to get it there as well.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I can confirm this today! Saludos Amigos is uncut on the DMC Blu-ray!:

That's amazing! I've never bought anything on eBay, but depending on the price, maybe I'll try to get it there as well.
Lol, you're missing out. I buy so many things on eBay, mainly old Disney memorabilia which can't be found in the stores anymore. Is it not popular in your country?
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Lol, you're missing out. I buy so many things on eBay, mainly old Disney memorabilia which can't be found in the stores anymore. Is it not popular in your country?
Yes, it's quite popular here too. It's mainly due to laziness on my part and a bit of distrust, I guess, that I haven't given it a try. I don't even know how it works. It's based on bets, right? The person who pays more gets the product, if I understood it well. And I think you need to have a PayPal card to buy there. I tried to get one once for another thing, and I didn't manage to obtain it. I usually buy the things I want on Amazon (Spain or UK) or other similar Spanish websites. Or in stores, of course.

Also, unlike many fans, I don't collect many things about Disney. Just the movies, soundtracks and some books, but not other products like plushies, figurines, posters, etc. The only pieces of merchandise I have are a Mickey Mouse figurine, a Woody doll (both of which were presents) and little toy cars of Lightning McQueen and Mater, which are the only ones I've bought myself because I liked that the designs were very accurate. If I had more money, maybe I'd collect more things, but I'm not too interested in that kind of stuff, actually.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Lol, you're missing out. I buy so many things on eBay, mainly old Disney memorabilia which can't be found in the stores anymore. Is it not popular in your country?
Yes, it's quite popular here too. It's mainly due to laziness on my part and a bit of distrust, I guess, that I haven't given it a try. I don't even know how it works. It's based on bets, right? The person who pays more gets the product, if I understood it well. And I think you need to have a PayPal card to buy there. I tried to get one once for another thing, and I didn't manage to obtain it. I usually buy the things I want on Amazon (Spain or UK) or other similar Spanish websites. Or in stores, of course.

Also, unlike many fans, I don't collect many things about Disney. Just the movies, soundtracks and some books, but not other products like plushies, figurines, posters, etc. The only pieces of merchandise I have are a Mickey Mouse figurine, a Woody doll (both of which were presents) and little toy cars of Lightning McQueen and Mater, which are the only ones I've bought myself because I liked that the designs were very accurate. If I had more money, maybe I'd collect more things, but I'm not too interested in that kind of stuff, actually.
It's like a bidding at an auction but all virtual/online, however you can also just purchase items with a set price, without bidding. I tend to prefer that (it's called Buy it Now) but sometimes bidding can be fine. Especially if you find an item that no one else is interested in, so the price is usually low and no one else bids so you can get it for the starting price which is always nice. I actually did that today with the deluxe VHS sets for Pinocchio and Aladdin, the first sealed, and the latter opened, but basically brand new.

I don't think you need a Paypal card. I think if you don't have a Paypal account, you can basically pay with your credit card, and it'll take you to Paypal where you can pay with your card, but don't need an account. So you basically end up paying through Paypal but with your own credit card, and without a Paypal account or card.

The bulk of my merchandise are the movies themselves, such as the deluxe VHS sets I mentioned above, and books. Occasionally some plush toys for the characters I really like but can't be found here in the states (like Bernard and Bianca, Danny the Lamb or the Dormouse). I don't bother with posters, figurines, toys, etc. because if I started down that path, I wouldn't be able to stop. Although I sometimes do get some Hunchback memorabilia, mainly music boxes.
ImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

:facepalm: It seems eBay has changed the way sellers deliver items since the last time I used it. Now to get this Blu-ray disc I need to pay around $30 for just the postage and an additional $15 of import charges along with the item price. :angry: :angry: What on earth is this new "Global Shipping System" eBay has cooked up? :x

There was a copy for sale yesterday as a Buy It Now item and had I bought it I would have paid a total of about 70 Euros! That's ridiculous!

Can I no longer buy a simple DVD from the USA without having to pay five times its price in postage and import charges!?

PatrickvD and D82, does eBay also indicate similar postage costs for items such as DVDs or Blu-rays to the Netherlands and Spain? I wonder if this is just a Malta thing. :(
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Yeah I’m seeing similar rates. It’s really expensive this way.
netenyahoo

Post by netenyahoo »

Maybe try to buy it a different way? There is probably someone on this board that could buy it for you and ship it to you. I am not a DMC member.