Geoffrey Rush Accused of Sexual Harassment

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Geoffrey Rush Accused of Sexual Harassment

Post by Barbossa »

Now Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) is on the hit list. :( Innocent until proven guilty!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Geoffrey Rush Accused of Inappropriate Behavior

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Darn. I haven't read about it yet. I hope it isn't very serious because I'd like him to appear in the next (possibly last) PotC sequel. But if it is serious, at least DMTNT's ending gave Disney an easy out and it was a good ending for the character.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Geoffrey Rush's case seems quite different from the other ones so far.

• The allegations are based on a complaint filed against him at the Sydney Theatre Company. This is not a corroborated, investigative exposé by a reputable publication like most of the other cases.

• It's not known whether the complaint was filed by a single person or multiple people.

• The allegations speak of a very broad and vague "inappropriate behavior". It's not even known whether it's sexual in nature. The complaint could be about verbal or physical misconduct.

• Sydney Theatre Company refused to disclose the nature of the allegations or provide any details about it to Geoffrey Rush. I understand not revealing who filed the complaint but not divulging what he's being accused of is suspicious.

• Sydney Theatre Company decided to make the complaint public before conducting an internal investigation to verify its accuracy first. It's not yet known whether they've even started the investigative process or not.

Based on the above, there's a chance he could be innocent. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ Yes, but the fact that he has resigned as president of the Australian film academy because of these allegations is also suspicious. I hope he's innocent, though.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New info has come to light. I believe he's guilty now. With the Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp allegations coupled with the last film's under-performance, I highly doubt Pirates 6 is going to happen.
Sydney's The Daily Telegraph cited two unnamed theater sources in reporting Friday that an actress had accused Rush of touching her inappropriately. The sources told the newspaper the theater wouldn't work with Rush again.
Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/geoffrey-r ... y-theater/
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:New info has come to light. I believe he's guilty now. With the Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp allegations coupled with the last film's under-performance, I highly doubt Pirates 6 is going to happen.
Ugh. I was looking forward to the 6th pirates film quite a bit. However, I understand why, but at the same time, really wanted to see the 6th one after the end of credits scene in pirates 5. I have not looked into Johnny Depp's stuff other than I heard his ex-wife filed a complaint and others I'm sure have followed. It's honestly beginning hard for me to keep up on whom did what, how bad and when. Seems a time bomb has went off once Harvey Weisntein went down.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

The Johnny Depp scandal is much older than all this recent news though and he's already gotten quite a lot of controversy for being added to the Fantastic Beasts franchise. On top of that, his drunken behavior at the premiere for Murder on the Orient Express probably didn't help any. I've heard conflicting reports on the authenticity of his ex-wife Amber Heard's reports against him but I think video footage confirms that he was abusive towards her. His fans say otherwise though and claim the video was doctored, but they're likely biased, so I'm not sure who to believe. I think she got a restraining order as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Re: Geoffrey Rush Accused of Sexual Harassment

Post by Sotiris »

Geoffrey Rush Accused of "Sexually Predatory Behavior" in Defamation Lawsuit Documents
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... gs-1134213
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Another actress, Yael Stone, accused Rush of sexual harassment. Go ahead and read the entire article. It's incredibly detailed and disturbing.
Her allegations against Mr. Rush, her onetime hero, include that he danced naked in front of her in their dressing room, used a mirror to watch her while she showered and sent her occasionally erotic text messages while she was 25 years old and starring opposite Mr. Rush, then 59, on stage in “The Diary of a Madman” in 2010 and 2011.

Mr. Rush said in a statement that Ms. Stone’s allegations “are incorrect and in some instances have been taken completely out of context.” But, he added, “clearly Yael has been upset on occasion by the spirited enthusiasm I generally bring to my work. I sincerely and deeply regret if I have caused her any distress. This, most certainly, has never been my intention.”
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/16/opin ... stone.html
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Geoffrey Rush Wins Defamation Case Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
https://variety.com/2019/film/asia/geof ... 203186608/

Geoffrey Rush Awarded $2 Million in Defamation Case
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... se-1213252