Snow White (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Snow White (Live-Action)

Post by carolinakid »

Totally agree, Sotiris. I could be wrong but I don’t recall any previous actors trashing the original versions of the Disney remakes they were in. In fact, all the interviews I remember had them expressing great love and/or respect for the original classics. Zegler is the exception and imo, she has only herself to blame for the backlash.

I thought she was good as María in WSS
and she didn’t, to the best of my knowledge, trash either the original film
or Natalie Wood’s performance.
....At least not publicly.
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Sotiris wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:43 am
Pokenonbinary wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:49 amThe misogyny Rachel has suffered for just saying things male actors get ignored or applauded.
I don't recall male actors from Disney's remakes saying similar things. I could be wrong though. But other actresses like Emma Watson, Naomi Scott, and Halle Bailey have said similar things about modernizing the story and the female characters for the remakes without getting any backlash. That's why I don't believe misogyny can be blamed for this. I think Zegler is getting criticized not because of what she says, but the way she says it. She gives off an air of entitlement and brattiness when she talks in general which in conjunction with her seeming lack of appreciation for the original makes her an ideal target for people to express their frustrations regarding Disney and Hollywood at large.
Jacob Elordi has made fun of Elvis (the character he's playing in his latest movie) has said he doesn't care about him and only knows him from Lilo and Stitch

In another interview has said that he only takes roles because he needs a job (like Rachel did and got backlash)

And other things he has said, but he gets applauded while Rachel gets youtube videos from ugly 40 year old white dudes
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

You refuse to understand. The reason why audiences dislike Rachel isn't the things she says, she's entitled to have her opinions. It's the way she says these things.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Pokenonbinary wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 amJacob Elordi has made fun of Elvis (the character he's playing in his latest movie) has said he doesn't care about him and only knows him from Lilo and Stitch.
I was talking about Disney remakes in particular, but I do recall the incident you're referring to and there was definitely backlash from Elvis fans. Just because anti-woke YouTubers didn't make a video about it, doesn't mean there wasn't backlash. Those are mostly invested in geek culture, not indie cinema like Priscilla.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Sotiris wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:17 pm
Pokenonbinary wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 amJacob Elordi has made fun of Elvis (the character he's playing in his latest movie) has said he doesn't care about him and only knows him from Lilo and Stitch.
I was talking about Disney remakes in particular, but I do recall the incident you're referring to and there was definitely backlash from Elvis fans. Just because anti-woke YouTubers didn't make a video about it, doesn't mean there wasn't backlash. Those are mostly invested in geek culture, not indie cinema like Priscilla.
If Rachel was the one in priscilla saying this they would make videos, because they know videos about hating women and minorities give them views and likes

Rachel is just the next Brie Larson, and bigots and incels will not stop milking her for content for years
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

i’m not sure if it has anything to do with her being a woman…maybe partly….

But I think it’s mostly her attitude. Getting an iconic role like snowwhite and saying these things about that character annoys a lot of Disney lovers. If you see videos of Rachel, the way she acts, it’s just very theatrical…she is not being her genuine self..it’s a bit of teenage behaviour, trying to be cool…but actually being the opposite.

However, I do think she has talent and a beautiful voice, and is probably one of the better casting choices Disney has made the past years…
Pokenonbinary
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokenonbinary »

Toky wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:52 pm i’m not sure if it has anything to do with her being a woman…maybe partly….

But I think it’s mostly her attitude. Getting an iconic role like snowwhite and saying these things about that character annoys a lot of Disney lovers. If you see videos of Rachel, the way she acts, it’s just very theatrical…she is not being her genuine self..it’s a bit of teenage behaviour, trying to be cool…but actually being the opposite.

However, I do think she has talent and a beautiful voice, and is probably one of the better casting choices Disney has made the past years…
We've had like 50 snow white movies, who cares if rachel hates the original one, I hate that movie too😭

I dislike Encanto, but if they casted hispanic actors and I got a role I would still say I dislike the original, it's valid 😭
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

It's valid, but you should word these opinions in a more professional manner. When you're cast by Disney, and you speak like this, it looks bad for them too, not only for you. In a way, you're representing them.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Pokenonbinary wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:36 am
Toky wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:52 pm i’m not sure if it has anything to do with her being a woman…maybe partly….

We've had like 50 snow white movies, who cares if rachel hates the original one, I hate that movie too😭

I dislike Encanto, but if they casted hispanic actors and I got a role I would still say I dislike the original, it's valid 😭

Sure, but hundreds of young women are dying for a role like this, and would present themselves in a greatful way. And if it werent for the OG, this live action wouldn’t come to fruitation. So even if she hates it(why than take this role?), show some respect. Also, this movie started Disneys succes…
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Rachel Zegler Says Acting With CGI Characters on ‘Snow White’ Set Was ‘Really Intense’ and ‘So Much Fun’: You’re ‘Singing to Nothing’
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/rach ... 235825642/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney princesses Halle Bailey, Rachel Zegler bond over dealing with trolls: 'Not worth the time and energy'
https://ew.com/halle-bailey-rachel-zegl ... ng-8412280
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

How interesting that you can get called a troll, just because you have a different opinion. :lol:
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Farerb wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:16 am Disney princesses Halle Bailey, Rachel Zegler bond over dealing with trolls: 'Not worth the time and energy'
https://ew.com/halle-bailey-rachel-zegl ... ng-8412280
I seem to recall some thought pieces pitting Bailey and Zegler against one another, like "see how likable Bailey was compared to Zegler, and how that makes it actually okay to dump on Zegler?" which I never though was fair. It also doesn't surprise me to see Bailey going to bat for Zegler. While I acknowledge that the Disney fandom's frustration with Zegler is a little more multi-faceted than some journalists want to recognize, it makes sense that Bailey would see the pushback against Zegler and feel a sense of kinship with her as a POC actress facing widespread backlash for taking on a traditionally white princess role.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Vlad wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:22 am How interesting that you can get called a troll, just because you have a different opinion. :lol:
Zegler comes across like a troll herself, tbh. Like the quote from a few pages ago where she was supporting the actor's strike, it's like I agreed with her to a degree, but the delivery is so unlikable.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

carolinakid wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:20 am Totally agree, Sotiris. I could be wrong but I don’t recall any previous actors trashing the original versions of the Disney remakes they were in. In fact, all the interviews I remember had them expressing great love and/or respect for the original classics. Zegler is the exception and imo, she has only herself to blame for the backlash.

I thought she was good as María in WSS
and she didn’t, to the best of my knowledge, trash either the original film
or Natalie Wood’s performance.
....At least not publicly.
rita moreno did trash Natalie Wood. funny that zegler had nothing to say about her male co-star sexually haraassing minors but she never gets tired of calling a fictional character a predator. :angry:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Are we gonna really believe EmpireCityBO, a guy who claimed to have heard that both Thunderbolts and Blade would be cancelled at Marvel Studios, only for that to not turn out true?

Because I don’t think we should, when taking that into account.