Olaf's Frozen Adventure

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Olaf's Frozen Adventure (2017)

Post by D82 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Looks like you won't have to wait long to catch Olaf's Frozen Adventure again. ABC is set to air it next Thursday at 8pm! Awkward considering it was originally meant to air on ABC all along.
I didn't expect that. I wonder if it was always planned that way or they've moved it from theaters to TV because of the backlash.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Coco director Lee Unkrich admits Olaf's Frozen Adventure was paired with Coco in an attempt to draw more people to the theater:
“We wanted as many people as possible to see ‘Coco,’ and we felt that pairing the ‘Frozen’ short with it was a good way to get as many people in as possible,” Unkrich said on Monday.
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/co ... ec48af1f94

He denies, though, that Disney removed it from Coco screenings because of the negative response from the audience:
In an interview Monday, following the Golden Globe nod announcements, we asked “Coco” director Lee Unkrich if there was anything to be learned from the situation with the “Frozen” short and its removal from screenings.

“No lessons learned,” he said, reiterating that “the ‘Frozen’ short was always meant to be a limited run on the film. That’s what we did.”
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I saw it and tought it was absolutely charming. I'm not a Frozen fan and was completely disappointed with the original movie and its overhype, but in this short I actually didn't mind Olaf (for the first time I tought he was charming and funny), the soundtrack is very well balanced and the story seems much better. I don't get the complains at all. I was bummed it was not going to the cinemas in my country but after seeing it I'm kinda pissed I got robbed on the chance of seeing this on the big screen.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I missed it unfortunately. Hopefully, it'll re-air on either ABC or Disney Channel or Freeform. If not, I'll see it at a much later time.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm sorry you missed it. No joke. But it'll come to home video. You can at least rent it if you want.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

If it turns out that we do get a Disney Shorts Blu-Ray for this, then we can expect it on Netflix.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

If anyone wants the short, I have a Digital HD copy. PM me, and I’ll send a copy
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney’s Olaf’s Frozen Adventure Short Fares Better On TV
https://screenrant.com/olaf-frozen-adve ... tings-abc/
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

JeanGreyForever wrote:If it turns out that we do get a Disney Shorts Blu-Ray for this, then we can expect it on Netflix.
It's not on US Netflix already? Brazil already have it for a few days now.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

rodrigo_ca wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:If it turns out that we do get a Disney Shorts Blu-Ray for this, then we can expect it on Netflix.
It's not on US Netflix already? Brazil already have it for a few days now.
No, the US Netflix always takes a while to get new releases, especially Disney ones that usually take about 6 months. I'm glad Brazil got it early though. I wonder if that's the same for any other countries.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Producer, Roy Conli, said the featurette got bumped up to a theatrical release because of how good the songs turned out.
Roy Conli had high praise for Samsel & Anderson's songs as well. "The four brand-new numbers that Elyssa & Kate wrote for this holiday special really do a beautiful job of helping to move our story along," Conli said. "I think one of the main reasons that the Studio decided to give 'Olaf's Frozen Adventure' a theatrical release was because of how strong their songs wound up being. That - and how this holiday special's strong visuals, coupled with all that great music - ultimately came together to tell this tight, funny, emotional 22 minute-long story."
Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ho ... 2e6337b05f
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like Olaf's Frozen Adventure will only be coming to digital. Watch the trailer for the digital release, here.

The 6 Disney tales included are the following:
The advertised six bonus stories are all classic Walt-era shorts, lovingly restored in HD, half of which presented this way for the first time in forever (an asterisk appears next to those making their HD debut with this release). When you combine these shorts with the main special, it brings the total runtime to almost 70-minutes. Each short features a quick animated intro of Olaf doing funny bits of animation and can be viewed individually or as a "Play All" package with the special.

Polar Trappers* (8:30) - A Goofy/Donald short from 1938 that finds the duo going to extremes to catch arctic animals like penguins and walrus. As is to be expected, they fail miserably resulting in some hilarious gags.
Winter* (6:37) - A black & white Silly Symphony short from 1930 that finds animals in a winter woodland scene dancing and skating along to holiday songs like "Jingle Bells."
The Hockey Champ (7:37) - A Donald Duck classic from 1939 finds the duck teaching his nephews how to play hockey, but nothing goes right.
The Art of Skiing (8:01) - One of Goofy's best shorts from 1941, in which he demonstrates how to ski, or not to as the case may be.
Once Upon a Wintertime* (8:35) - Part of the 1948 package feature Melody Time, this short finds a loving couple on a romantic winter date, with a pair of bunnies mimicking their every action. But romance turns to peril when the ice begins to crack, figuratively and literally.
Pluto's Christmas Tree (6:53) - This holiday short from 1952 finds Mickey and Pluto decorating their Christmas Tree. The only problem is it comes with a pair of chipmunks (Chip & Dale) who create a bit of havoc for Mickey's pup.
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/feature ... ney-tales/
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I think a Blu-ray release will follow, maybe next year, during the holiday season.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:The 6 Disney tales included are the following:
The advertised six bonus stories are all classic Walt-era shorts, lovingly restored in HD, half of which presented this way for the first time in forever (an asterisk appears next to those making their HD debut with this release). When you combine these shorts with the main special, it brings the total runtime to almost 70-minutes. Each short features a quick animated intro of Olaf doing funny bits of animation and can be viewed individually or as a "Play All" package with the special.

Polar Trappers* (8:30) - A Goofy/Donald short from 1938 that finds the duo going to extremes to catch arctic animals like penguins and walrus. As is to be expected, they fail miserably resulting in some hilarious gags.
Winter* (6:37) - A black & white Silly Symphony short from 1930 that finds animals in a winter woodland scene dancing and skating along to holiday songs like "Jingle Bells."
The Hockey Champ (7:37) - A Donald Duck classic from 1939 finds the duck teaching his nephews how to play hockey, but nothing goes right.
The Art of Skiing (8:01) - One of Goofy's best shorts from 1941, in which he demonstrates how to ski, or not to as the case may be.
Once Upon a Wintertime* (8:35) - Part of the 1948 package feature Melody Time, this short finds a loving couple on a romantic winter date, with a pair of bunnies mimicking their every action. But romance turns to peril when the ice begins to crack, figuratively and literally.
Pluto's Christmas Tree (6:53) - This holiday short from 1952 finds Mickey and Pluto decorating their Christmas Tree. The only problem is it comes with a pair of chipmunks (Chip & Dale) who create a bit of havoc for Mickey's pup.
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/feature ... ney-tales/
It's a shame the bonus shorts weren't some unreleased ones as we were hoping.

Here's a new video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkb12l6Kyy0[/youtube]
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I'm glad at the very least that they're including Once Upon a Wintertime, since that is my favorite segment from the Package films besides Peter and the Wolf, which I wouldn't have minded if they had included as well since it at least has a winter theme.
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I saw on Disney Movies Anywhere that they said this would be an extended digital version. Are there any songs they didn't include in the original version?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I saw on Disney Movies Anywhere that they said this would be an extended digital version. Are there any songs they didn't include in the original version?
Well, Kristoff's song was shortened for the featurette, but I don't think it's an extended version. I think they're referring to the shorts they have added as bonus features, because the running time that is featured on that page corresponds to the duration of the featurette plus the shorts.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I thought so, too. ;)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney posted the clip for the song That Time of Year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLGBEETtEPc[/youtube]