Zootopia 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Zootopia 2

Post by Disney's Divinity »

WIR2 is the same as WIR1—one long commercial. The first Zootopia was nothing like WIR, so its sequel should be fine.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Expect the announcement at D23 next year.
@_rich_moore

Thanks Juan! Today belongs to R&V, but we may see more of our favorite fluffy heroes soon!
https://twitter.com/_rich_moore/status/ ... 18432?s=21
Also expect the cancellation of Dragon Empire or anything original from WDAS for the foreseeable future :glare:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney's Divinity wrote:WIR2 is the same as WIR1—one long commercial. The first Zootopia was nothing like WIR, so its sequel should be fine.
The first Wreck-It Ralph only had cameos from other video game characters for the first act. Pretty much the rest of the film was confined to Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty to a lesser extent. And at least those other properties weren't Disney's own that they were shamelessly trying to promote.
DisneyEra wrote: Also expect the cancellation of Dragon Empire or anything original from WDAS for the foreseeable future :glare:
It'll probably be retooled into a Frozen spin-off. Featuring whatever new characters are introduced in next year's Frozen 2, with a fire theme to serve as a foil since that's oh-so clever and original.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:WIR2 is the same as WIR1—one long commercial. The first Zootopia was nothing like WIR, so its sequel should be fine.
The first Wreck-It Ralph only had cameos from other video game characters for the first act. Pretty much the rest of the film was confined to Sugar Rush and Hero's Duty to a lesser extent. And at least those other properties weren't Disney's own that they were shamelessly trying to promote.
DisneyEra wrote: Also expect the cancellation of Dragon Empire or anything original from WDAS for the foreseeable future :glare:
It'll probably be retooled into a Frozen spin-off. Featuring whatever new characters are introduced in next year's Frozen 2, with a fire theme to serve as a foil since that's oh-so clever and original.
Haven't seen it yet, but is there a scene in Ralph Breaks the Internet where after Ralph burps in Vanellopee's face, they go ride the bikes from Tron '82? If so, that is shamelessly promoting your own IPs!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyEra wrote:
Haven't seen it yet, but is there a scene in Ralph Breaks the Internet where after Ralph burps in Vanellopee's face, they go ride the bikes from Tron '82? If so, that is shamelessly promoting your own IPs!
Yes, lol that scene does occur. I specifically remember because I thought to myself that the movie hadn't even gone on for five minutes yet and Disney was already cross-promoting.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ Tron = Disney video game (there actually were Tron arcade games), so it makes sense that Ralph + Vanellope would visit that game.
No different than them visiting Tapper, except that's not Disney.

Some fans get upset when Disney aquires other IPs (Star Wars, Marvel) because they want Disney to use/make their own, but when Disney uses their own in a way that makes sense, it's seen as bad...

(and please don't take this as me attacking you both! Disney's damned if they do/don't.)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Yeah. Plus, the world of WiR2 is intentionally very meta with pop culture references because it's in our world. The made-up world of Zootopia takes itself a bit more seriously. I am far from worried about Z2.
DisneyEra wrote:Haven't seen it yet, but is there a scene in Ralph Breaks the Internet where after Ralph burps in Vanellopee's face, they go ride the bikes from Tron '82? If so, that is shamelessly promoting your own IPs!
Yeah, but Rich said at the very beginning he wanted Tron in the sequel.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Hmm. Doesn't sound like a sequel is imminent.
Q: I remember chatting with you after the release of Zootopia when a second Ralph movie was the big secret. Now, are you free to do Zootopia 2?

Rich Moore: I’m not so sure. I mean, I love that world. It’s like tailor-made for another story. I don’t see one right now. I know the fans would love it. But just like the second Wreck-It Ralph, until something presents itself or if we do some digging on it and something pops forward, we’re not the type to just do it to do it. But again, it’s never say never. The film will tell us.

Phil Johnston: Honestly, there’s no secret at this point. For me, it’s just clearing my head and letting new ideas come in, whatever they may be, and being 100 percent available for them.
Source: https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/29/ralph- ... directors/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

That's a pity to hear although the comparison to Wreck-It Ralph is disturbing. This just feeds my theory that if a Zootopia sequel is greenlighted, it'll be something akin to WIR2. I really do hope Disney does something with this property though, like an Animal Kingdom expansion.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Oh, please. I wish they'd give up this coy song-and-dance. A sequel will be made because $$$ and it won't be because some idea suddenly struck the directors out of the blue and they had to beg Disney to allow them to do it. The Frozen crew played a similar will-they, won't-they act and nobody was fooled.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Of all the recent movies, I think Zootopia is primed for a sequel, that's for sure. It does then make one wonder why they are dickering about it .... when they can fall over themselves to produce Frozen this and Frozen that.

It could easily have a ride or attraction at any of the parks, a TV series, animated shorts, sequel, anything like that !
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Oh, please. I wish they'd give up this coy song-and-dance. A sequel will be made because $$$ and it won't be because some idea suddenly struck the directors out of the blue and they had to beg Disney to allow them to do it. The Frozen crew played a similar will-they, won't-they act and nobody was fooled.
Agreed. It's silly and insulting. If a movie grosses a billion, it's going to get a sequel sooner or later.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

No no no no no - This is 100% happening. They have pulled the same stunt for Frozen 2 (It was announced at the very next day after they denied it for the 3rd time) and Wreck-It Ralph 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdB3kBZ7UXI). And Rich is making it pretty clear on Twitter that it's indeed happening. Disney needs to stop this.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The DisInsider says Disney will probably announce Zootopia 2 at the D23 Expo.
Q: What the biggest surprise you they'll announce at the 2019 D23?

The DisInsider: My two guesses: full cast reveal for Dragon Empire. Also, wouldn't be surprised if Zootopia 2 is officially announced.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/RYeGxDz.jpg
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Hoping we'll get confirmation of this soon. I'm curious though if it'll be a box office juggernaut like its predecessor. As well as the film did, I feel like nobody really talks about it much anymore. It doesn't help that you can't find anything Zootopia related in the parks or the Disney Store.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: Is development [on Zootopia 2] going on right now? Could development start after it is announced at D23 in 2019?

Skyler Shuler: As far as I know early development will begin next year. With just an announcement at D23, that doesn’t mean animation or recording or even script is done, just means 'hey this is what’s coming in the future so get ready'.
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/10 ... 0190492672
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Well, it's not official yet. But, there's this.

https://twitter.com/Animated_Antic/stat ... 2686404608
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^The source is fake. Someone is impersonating Skyler Shuler on Blogger to get attention and spread misinformation. He confirmed that blog is not run by him.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: Is there any truth to the rumors that Zootopia’s sequel has gone into pre-production and has made it onto the production schedule?

Byron Howard: Nope.
Source: https://twitter.com/ByronPHoward/status ... 5873856512
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Not a sequel ..... BUT MASSIVE YAY FOR THIS !!!!

[url]https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... yland//url]

Shanghai gets all the good stuff !