DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:30 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 3493
JeanGreyForever wrote:
I'm glad you feel that way about the restoration. I really can't wait to see this transfer you guys keep talking about because I'm dreading that the one on the 4K physical release won't feel any different to me compared to the Blu-Ray one.


I was watching just bits and pieces of it on my parents’s new Samsung UHD TV, namely the Belle Reprise and the Tale as Old as Time scene onward. But her hair did look consistently brown.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:50 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 1595
I have this theory that the website/app can read the type of screen you have, probably through a display or a graphic driver and plays the UHD or the HD accordingly and they probably kept the BD master as the HD master instead of creating a new HD master from the UHD master and that's why some saw the version with the new colors and some saw the same version as the BD.
I'll buy this anyway cause it's Beauty and the Beast and I buy everything that's Beauty and the Beast, but I do hope it's what I saw on D+ (or even better a version that corrects the Something There mistake).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm
Posts: 117
Hi Guys! I've been working on my photo shopping skills and I made some Criterion Covers for two films that just celebrated their 80th/70th Birthday. I hope you guys like it :)


https://forum.blu-ray.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=235888&d=1582232413
https://forum.blu-ray.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=235899&d=1582248048


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 3443
Location: Spain
I'm afraid I can't see your covers, pikachufan1336. When I click on the links they ask me to introduce my user name and password and I'm not a member of the Blu-ray.com forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:51 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10762
Location: America
Ooooh, pikachufan1336, I really, really like your Pinocchio cover! That is a fantastic image and it really fits the vertical shape of the cover! Now, Cinderella is my favorite movie ever, but I actually don't particularly like that concept art used for the cover. I'm sorry, I just don't like it. Part of it could be Tenggren's art is super amazing in just about every piece, and I don't love every Cinderella concept art. But I cannot stress enough how absolutely great that Pinocchio cover looks!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:29 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 13149
Wow, those are super classy covers!!!! Great job! (Is it common for the Criteria Collection to use concept art for covers?) Very fitting for a prestigious line!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:29 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4543
Wow, those are gorgeous covers! Fabulous job and I really hope you make more. I love this idea of Criterion covers using concept art.

Were you at all inspired by RebelPrince1986's covers? (The full set is pictured in the link below)
Image
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/fe/11 ... 00cdf0.jpg

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:02 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm
Posts: 117
Disney Duster I'm happy to make another one! I love Mary Blair's artwork so I used that one, Which one would you prefer?

The Concept art Idea was mine, since Disney 90% of the time makes beautiful concept art

I honestly didn't know about Princes' covers. And I just finished a Snow White one that looks just like his/hers XP
I know I'm not the first to do this but I love doing it!
Here's a better website showing more of my work. I'm hoping to do all of the "Vault movies" and the Renaissance movies by the end of the week!
https://www.reddit.com/user/Pikachufan2436/posts/

Thank You all for your support


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:15 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4543
Can't wait to see the rest of yours! Will you ever release them as fully-made covers that are printable?

The idea of using concept art as a Disney cover is so novel, at least for Disney since they rely on tacky and mass-produced clipart for their covers.

And that Snow White image is a perfect one so I can see why you and RebelPrince both used that image. Which film do you plan on doing after Snow White?

If you ever need any suggestions for concept art, feel free to ask!

I know RebelPrince used this for his cover, but I think it would work really well for 101 Dalmatians.
Image

The Sleeping Beauty one he used is also perfect (it was even used as a Big Golden book cover) but just Aurora would work perfectly well too.
ImageImage

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:39 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm
Posts: 117
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Can't wait to see the rest of yours! Will you ever release them as fully-made covers that are printable?

The idea of using concept art as a Disney cover is so novel, at least for Disney since they rely on tacky and mass-produced clipart for their covers.

And that Snow White image is a perfect one so I can see why you and RebelPrince both used that image. Which film do you plan on doing after Snow White?

If you ever need any suggestions for concept art, feel free to ask!

I know RebelPrince used this for his cover, but I think it would work really well for 101 Dalmatians.
Image

The Sleeping Beauty one he used is also perfect (it was even used as a Big Golden book cover) but just Aurora would work perfectly well too.
ImageImage


Thank You very much!
I was going to do it in Chronological Order. So Fantasia is next. I finished pretty much up to Peter Pan.
For 101 Dalmatians I was going to do a character design for Cruella and for Sleeping Beauty I was gonna do an Earle painting with Maleficent standing over Aurora. The only one I couldn't find a decent "Beautiful" concept art with a large amount of pixels was Aladdin. So far no luck.
Though it might take longer than a week. Not Because I can't do it in a week but it seems some people are annoyed that there's so much Disney stuff on the feed. LOL I don't know why people don't just ignore it but then again I can understand that. Besides, some of the comments were "you wanna keep fighting" and "you wanna fight with a Disney fan with Pikachu in their username". I've been on the internet long enough to know what's going on. Don't get me wrong I'm not threatened, my reaction was a chuckle and an eye roll. But at the same time I don't want to poke the bear and again I can understand, though I sure as hell aint stopping. This is fun!
Maybe I'll upload one once a week. Or all on my own profile.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:46 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10762
Location: America
Well pikachufan1336, I can't dig up all my Mary Blair or other concept art images for Cinderella. Um...I can remember one where the couple is by a fountain, like an actual fountain. Also, one where they are by a gazebo and there's like ferns growing nearby. I like both of those. I also do know of an image of all the different objects from the film in black & white and shaded, would that interest you? If so, I have to wait till I get home to find it. Also, how do I see all your other work? I only saw Fantasia's (which is excellent and rad!).

JeanGreyForever, I loved all those RebelPrince1986 covers! I also love that Aurora picture, with the shaft of light, that's one of my favorites and I would love it as a cover! They did a little Golden Book with a similar idea.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:29 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4543
pikachufan1336 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Can't wait to see the rest of yours! Will you ever release them as fully-made covers that are printable?

The idea of using concept art as a Disney cover is so novel, at least for Disney since they rely on tacky and mass-produced clipart for their covers.

And that Snow White image is a perfect one so I can see why you and RebelPrince both used that image. Which film do you plan on doing after Snow White?

If you ever need any suggestions for concept art, feel free to ask!

I know RebelPrince used this for his cover, but I think it would work really well for 101 Dalmatians.
Image

The Sleeping Beauty one he used is also perfect (it was even used as a Big Golden book cover) but just Aurora would work perfectly well too.
ImageImage


Thank You very much!
I was going to do it in Chronological Order. So Fantasia is next. I finished pretty much up to Peter Pan.
For 101 Dalmatians I was going to do a character design for Cruella and for Sleeping Beauty I was gonna do an Earle painting with Maleficent standing over Aurora. The only one I couldn't find a decent "Beautiful" concept art with a large amount of pixels was Aladdin. So far no luck.
Though it might take longer than a week. Not Because I can't do it in a week but it seems some people are annoyed that there's so much Disney stuff on the feed. LOL I don't know why people don't just ignore it but then again I can understand that. Besides, some of the comments were "you wanna keep fighting" and "you wanna fight with a Disney fan with Pikachu in their username". I've been on the internet long enough to know what's going on. Don't get me wrong I'm not threatened, my reaction was a chuckle and an eye roll. But at the same time I don't want to poke the bear and again I can understand, though I sure as hell aint stopping. This is fun!
Maybe I'll upload one once a week. Or all on my own profile.

Can't wait to see them especially the Cruella and Sleeping Beauty ones.

Do you mean this image?
Image

I can look for some Aladdin concept art if it would help. I'm surprised this picture isn't readily available.
Image

Yeah, I saw some of those really rude comments. They're pretty terrible and if people don't care for the content you're posting, they should just ignore it rather than attack you personally.

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:31 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4543
Disney Duster wrote:
JeanGreyForever, I loved all those RebelPrince1986 covers! I also love that Aurora picture, with the shaft of light, that's one of my favorites and I would love it as a cover! They did a little Golden Book with a similar idea.

Yeah I used to own this book and I love the cover.
Image

Didn't they use that concept image in the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough as well? At least at one point before the redesign?

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:51 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm
Posts: 117
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Can't wait to see them especially the Cruella and Sleeping Beauty ones.

Do you mean this image?
Image

I can look for some Aladdin concept art if it would help. I'm surprised this picture isn't readily available.
Image

Yeah, I saw some of those really rude comments. They're pretty terrible and if people don't care for the content you're posting, they should just ignore it rather than attack you personally.

Yes that one!
Thank you, and don't worry about the commentators, I'm OK. :)
That Aladdin cover is gorgeous!
Who made it? Is there a better Quality image of that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:00 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10762
Location: America
Yes, JeanGreyForever, that book! I loved that book, even though for some reason I didn't like that cover so much. Now that I'm an adult I like it. I have never seen that image of Maleficent over Aurora! That's so cool! I just noticed, the light from the window is on Aurora there, too.

I think that concept art is in the walk-through, just with a film-accurate design.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:51 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4543
I don't know who made that Aladdin concept art but here is one in higher resolution. I'm not sure if it'll be big enough for your needs though.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/c3e57f8c260 ... 3_1280.jpg

Disney Duster, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that Sleeping Beauty concept art on the Special Edition DVD's art gallery. I didn't notice the light was shining on her as well in that piece.

For the castle walkthrough, I think before the restoration, they used that concept art. And then when the walkthrough was redone, they replaced it with this.
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/wp-cont ... /A-632.jpg

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:23 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10762
Location: America
Hm JeanGreyForever, maybe you're right, about both things. I don't know and I'm too lazy to try and find out lol.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:51 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 4543
Same lol, that's why I was hoping someone here would give the quick and easy answer.

pikachufan1336, I saw the rest of the covers you've uploaded since and they're just as amazing. What I especially love is how they almost all use the original titles except for Peter Pan and Cinderella. The Cinderella one in particular is a bit jarring because the modern Signature Edition font clashes with the vintage concept art and the logos of the rest of the movie titles in your collection. If you can't find a way to use the original logo, I might recommend using one of the VHS titles logos or something like this since Disney used it a lot back in the early 2000s.
Image

Your Bambi cover uses exactly the image I was hoping you would use. And your Dumbo cover is so joyful and I love the black and white contrast to such a colorful film. For Fantasia, I think it's relaly interesting that you used Chernabog instead of Mickey since that's such a rarity for this film's promotion. The image is great even if it's a bit grainy compared to the rest of the covers.

Your Alice cover is so bright and colorful and I love how whimsical that image is of Alice just standing around in that field of flowers. It's one of my favorite Disney films and I'm so glad to see someone else appreciate it because it gets a lot of flack from critics and even sometimes from the public. Everyone gushes about Jan Svankmajer's version of Alice so I will definitely need to watch that as well because it's been on my list for a while. I constantly hear that his version (plus the Disney version) are the best adaptations of the film.

Image
The Peter Pan cover is so magical. I love the teal color because it reminds me of the Interactive Minalima book which used the same color. And also glad that Wendy is on the cover, even off to the side. This used to be one of my favorite films but now it's become one of my least favorites because I don't think it's a successful adaptation of the source material and it comes across as one of Walt's weakest pictures. Nevertheless I can see why this film captured the hearts of so many.

_________________
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:23 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm
Posts: 117
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Same lol, that's why I was hoping someone here would give the quick and easy answer.

pikachufan1336, I saw the rest of the covers you've uploaded since and they're just as amazing. What I especially love is how they almost all use the original titles except for Peter Pan and Cinderella. The Cinderella one in particular is a bit jarring because the modern Signature Edition font clashes with the vintage concept art and the logos of the rest of the movie titles in your collection. If you can't find a way to use the original logo, I might recommend using one of the VHS titles logos or something like this since Disney used it a lot back in the early 2000s.
Image

Your Bambi cover uses exactly the image I was hoping you would use. And your Dumbo cover is so joyful and I love the black and white contrast to such a colorful film. For Fantasia, I think it's relaly interesting that you used Chernabog instead of Mickey since that's such a rarity for this film's promotion. The image is great even if it's a bit grainy compared to the rest of the covers.

Your Alice cover is so bright and colorful and I love how whimsical that image is of Alice just standing around in that field of flowers. It's one of my favorite Disney films and I'm so glad to see someone else appreciate it because it gets a lot of flack from critics and even sometimes from the public. Everyone gushes about Jan Svankmajer's version of Alice so I will definitely need to watch that as well because it's been on my list for a while. I constantly hear that his version (plus the Disney version) are the best adaptations of the film.

Image
The Peter Pan cover is so magical. I love the teal color because it reminds me of the Interactive Minalima book which used the same color. And also glad that Wendy is on the cover, even off to the side. This used to be one of my favorite films but now it's become one of my least favorites because I don't think it's a successful adaptation of the source material and it comes across as one of Walt's weakest pictures. Nevertheless I can see why this film captured the hearts of so many.


Your complaints brought a huge smile to my face thank you so much!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:24 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 10762
Location: America
Oh pikachufan1336! The covers you did! The stop-motion Alice cover I was not on board with, personally. I know that's not Disney, and neither was Sunset Boulevard's, but I liked Sunset Boulevard's. Snow White's is awesome, good picture. Fantasia...good concept, pretty cool, epic with Chernabog, but I wonder if the title could be more to the left of Chernabog, not his right. I'm sorry I am not a fan of Dumbo's, though it is cute. Bambi's is perfect, divine! Alice's is really great, love the color! Peter Pan's is pretty cool, I like the drama. Sleeping Beauty's is awesome, so epic and dramatic with the castle and the dragon. Not a fan of 101 Dalmatian's cover, sorry. The Jungle Book, I love the drama of that structure over Baloo and Mowgli! Lady and the Tramp's is romantic. The Little Mermaid's is so, so, so good. Lovely drama there.

So I have the pictures of Cinderella concept art you asked me if I would recommend you use instead. Here they are. I love both but particularly love the second one. Just click them for full size:

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group