DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:46 pm 
Platinum Edition

Larger images of the steelbook.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:36 am 
Platinum Edition

Yay, they re-drew the cover (as Sotiris pointed out)!!! I LOVE the new covers. I love having two different covers, one for the Blu-ray and one for the steelbook. Both are beautiful, though the steelbook is the most. And so original. Will there be a DVD only cover?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
Disney has released a trailer for the Signature Collection release of Peter Pan. It will be released on Digital on May 29th and on Blu-ray on June 5th.

Is the "You Can Fly" cover featured in the trailer new? Not that I like it much, I'm just curious.

Sicoe Vlad wrote:
Does BestBuy deliver internationally?

It seems they don't, but I guess you can probably find the steelbook on eBay (though more expensive).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 am 
Platinum Edition

I really liked the "You Can Fly" cover! But they added the last bit from "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"?!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:39 am 
Limited Edition

The new trailer is amazing, and I love that "You Can Fly"cover.

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:29 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I really liked the "You Can Fly" cover! But they added the last bit from "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"?!!!!

I found that strange too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:26 am 
Platinum Edition

I liked it, but yeah it was strange!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
Is the "You Can Fly" cover featured in the trailer new?

It seems like it. Someone in the comments section mentioned it's Gracie Schram who's singing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:17 pm 
Limited Edition

^Thanks for the info. Maybe it's the karaoke version announced as one of the new extras. Perhaps even the graphics used in the trailer are the same from the song. That could mean we'd also get a new cover of “Never Smile at a Crocodile”:

Quote:
You Can Fly” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the classic Disney song, “You Can Fly,” with fun lyrics on screen and lots of your favorite “Peter Pan” characters.

“Never Smile at a Crocodile” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the deleted song, “Never Smile at a Crocodile”, with fun lyrics on screen and highlighting the relationship between Captain Hook and Tick- Tock the Crocodile.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: Because before the princess line, Disney had fairy tale films, not princess films. The princess line alienates boys and makes them reluctant to watch films like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella especially because she is the epitome of the princess line. Not to mention, there are many parents who did not want their daughters exposed to what they consider the princess stereotype which is why we have articles like What's Wrong With Cinderella? from the New York Times. I'm sure there was always a little bit of stereotyping the genders befoore the princess line, but it's so rampant and everywhere with so much pink and sparkles now that while back in the 80s and 90s, some boys may have turned their noses up at DP films, a much larger portion of them certainly do now.

Sorry for bumping this tread, but would you mind if I use that quote in my blog entry for the Princess franchise? Since that entry is meant to summarize the rights and wrongs with the franchise, I thought your comment would be a perfect statement of the cons with the lineup.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 pm 
Limited Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Sorry for bumping this tread, but would you mind if I use that quote in my blog entry for the Princess franchise? Since that entry is meant to summarize the rights and wrongs with the franchise, I thought your comment would be a perfect statement of the cons with the lineup.

Sure! I wouldn't mind at all.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:31 pm 
Platinum Edition

D82 wrote:
^Thanks for the info. Maybe it's the karaoke version announced as one of the new extras. Perhaps even the graphics used in the trailer are the same from the song.

If it's like previous "Oke" renditions that Disney's done ("Once Upon a Dream," "I Wanna Be Like You," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"), it's the original song (so no new cover) with hyperactive graphics-heavy lyrics displayed on the screen.

Albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Sure! I wouldn't mind at all.

Oh, that's good. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:12 pm 
Limited Edition

Escapay wrote:
If it's like previous "Oke" renditions that Disney's done ("Once Upon a Dream," "I Wanna Be Like You," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"), it's the original song (so no new cover) with hyperactive graphics-heavy lyrics displayed on the screen.

:lol: You have described these "Oke" versions perfectly. As they call them new renditions I thought they could be new versions, but it's quite likely they're just the original songs as you say. Besides, according to the artist who sings the cover heard in the trailer, it seems the song was chosen just to be used in the trailer: https://twitter.com/gracieschram/status ... 6665007104

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Peter Pan Signature Edition review:
http://whysoblu.com/peter-pan-65th-anni ... ay-review/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 am 
Gold Collection

I got Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King digibooks today. The covers look really good. I wish the books were more like "The Art of..." than a mere storybooks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:58 am 
Platinum Edition

"Mere" storybooks. No, I think the storybooks are awesome. Great pictures that look close to as good as stills from the animated films themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:39 am 
Gold Collection

I just think it misses the point of a digibook. The content should about the making of the film, like how in The Legacy Collection, the content is about the making of the music.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:04 am 
Platinum Edition

farerb wrote:
I just think it misses the point of a digibook. The content should about the making of the film, like how in The Legacy Collection, the content is about the making of the music.

I agree. People who you like the storybooks can just buy them separately. Books accompanying movie releases should be about the making of the movie filled with photos and production artwork.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:21 am 
Platinum Edition

You both explained why making of books are a better accompaniment but he said art of books not making of books and he said "mere" like the storybooks aren't great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next