Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Re: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I like this movie a lot more than the frist movie,

I think Ralph Breaks the Internet is a better movie than Wreck-It Ralph :D
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

Sotiris wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:It's not bad, but the first movie deserved a lot better and a lot more, especially poor Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch who were pretty much kicked off from their own movie for the sake of cameo appearances.
Agreed. Had they actually developed the Felix/Calhoun subplot instead of wasting screentime to advertize Disney's franchises, the film would be much more beloved than it is now.

If you think about it, Ralph Breaks the Internet really is the Chicken Little of the Revival era. Both films received mixed reviews and performed so-so at the box office. Both tried to be cool, hip, and capitalize on popular trends of the time. Both were accused of being overly commercial and un-Disney. Both were the last films made before a change of leadership at WDAS.
I didn't see Chicken Little (nor do I care to), however, I agree that Ralph Breaks The Internet WAS absolutely awful. As someone who liked the original, I was so badly disappointed with this sequel. And honestly, the princesses didn't translate very well at all to 2D. It felt more like a commercial than anything else.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

DisneyFan97 wrote:I like this movie a lot more than the frist movie,

I think Ralph Breaks the Internet is a better movie than Wreck-It Ralph :D
I did not even watch the first one. I wouldn't have watched this one either, if the Princesses weren't in it. :lol: I will watch the first one just as soon as I get Disney+ though.
Redadoodles
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Redadoodles »

JTurner wrote: I didn't see Chicken Little (nor do I care to), however, I agree that Ralph Breaks The Internet WAS absolutely awful. As someone who liked the original, I was so badly disappointed with this sequel. And honestly, the princesses didn't translate very well at all to 2D. It felt more like a commercial than anything else.
Not only was it bad but also the climax gave me anxiety with that gigantic Ralph. It was so unsettling to me.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

DisneyFan97 wrote: I think Ralph Breaks the Internet is a better movie than Wreck-It Ralph :D
I think so, too, although I don't think either of them were great.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

All the Facts: Ralph Breaks the Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumQ-Xk3k2M
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Who designed those animated representations of the show's presenters? :shock:

With all due respect, they made the one on the right look like he's been given a ... you know ... :oops: :roll:

I went back to look at the real pics of them and realised that one of them does indeed have some lightness around his nose, but for crying out loud ... it doesn't look like MILK! (Or the other milky substance.)

I don't feel there's anything wrong with incorporating the guy's blemishes into his animated counterpart, but the way it was executed does not really represent the way he actually looks, and surely makes him a prime target for mockery.

At least I hope he's fine with it. But people will be mean.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Hey, did Disney talk more about the potential movie surrounding the Princesses? That could be a lot of fun, if handled correctly. I would love it if they kept the Princesses from Snow White to Tiana hand-drawn and the rest CGI.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

[Jennifer] Lee’s ability to multitask has been key to the job. Just a few hours after she was appointed to run the studio, she was at a test screening in Arizona for the Wreck-It Ralph sequel, Ralph Breaks the Internet, along with Alan Horn, then chairman of Walt Disney Studios; Alan Bergman, then president; the film’s directors, Rich Moore and Phil Johnston, as well as its heads of story and its producers. After the screening, the team adjourned to an empty theater to discuss the focus group results, which signaled confusion about the end of the film, a problem they would need to solve quickly, as the movie was due in theaters in five months. “Everyone looked right at Jenn,” says Clark Spencer, a producer on Ralph Breaks the Internet who has since become president of Walt Disney Animation Studios. “She said, ‘We got too complex, we wanted too many set pieces, and we’re forgetting about the relationship between Ralph and Vanellope … Lose everything else. It could be funny. It could be interesting. You might love it. It doesn’t matter. We’ve got to track these two characters.’ She immediately focused the conversation. I was so impressed that in the few hours between when [her job] was announced and this meeting, she had the ability to do that.”
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235076391/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I imagine the ending involved even more IP promotion than there was, considering the princesses play a role in the climax as it is.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"