DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm 
Platinum Edition

The best parts are Aurora passed out in a hammock of Rapunzel's hair and Belle in her book.

Kacey Musgraves & Troye Sivan ~ "Glittery"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "Christmas Makes Me Cry"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:07 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
You brought up JLO, and I cannot stand her anymore. All those years on Idol pretty much showed her true colors. Live TV really exposes some people.

Really? What did she do? She was praised for her likability during the first season on Idol. Sorry for bumping this thread, but I got curious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

Eh… I used to be a casual fan of JLO at one time. I loved her in Selena and Maid in Manhatten. I had a copy of the album with "Waiting For Tonight," which is still my favorite song of hers, and even bought Love? which was cross-promoted with Idol; I justified buying the latter because she had a couple of songs written by Lady Gaga, who was at her height at the time. :wink:

I was actually really excited when she was announced for Idol (in part because they got rid of Kara DioGuardi and her obsession with "artistry"...which seemed to be code for "can't sing very well"). She is a great actress and dancer still, and of course she's beautiful, too, even if I don’t like what I've seen of her personality. She had a bizarre enmity with the female contestants on Idol (Pia Toscano, Haley Reinhart, Hollie Cavanagh, Elise Testone, and Jessica Meuse being the main examples) and constantly criticized them while propping up the often-talentless white guys who ended up destroying the show. She was even rude to Candice Glover, imo, when Glover returned to sing the season after she'd won the way winners often do, refusing to stand or clap for her. Paula always treated the male and female contestants equally, imo. Katy seems to get mocked pretty often on the revival--I think she's a perfect fit for the show, personally--but she always hypes the female contestants. Even Mariah and Nicki Minaj, while they couldn’t get along with one another, they always treated the girls fairly. No surprise the only seasons to have a female winner since JLO first joined Idol happened on the Mariah season (when she was not on the panel) and then in the revival on ABC in which JLO is not involved, thank God. On some Idol forum I visit, she's referred to as Cruella de Lipsync. rotfl

Kacey Musgraves & Troye Sivan ~ "Glittery"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "Christmas Makes Me Cry"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Aaaah, okay. Thanks for the head-up. I used to like J.Lo myself priorly, but mainly for her music.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78