Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I'm actually underwhelmed by that poster. I like the poses and atmosphere, but something's missing.

I know right, DisneyEra?! Wow!
Sotiris wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand it could be interesting to see other people with powers and delve into the mythology of where these powers came from; on the other, it kind of makes Elsa less special.
I agree with the latter. Plus, Elsa was the only known person in Arendelle who has powers. If powers is a common thing in the world, why would people be afraid of her at first? Esepecially if the King/Queen had powers?
Sotiris wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:More "confirmation" that Frozen 2 is about their parents and debunking of lesbian Elsa.
I never believed that. It was too far-fetched. Disney wouldn't do anything to jeopardize one of their most lucrative franchises.
Well, I just realized this. No source has said it was Elsa. Just that there will be a LGBTQ love story. These sources said Frozen 2 is about the parents. What if the King/Queen is bi and/or they had to marry King/Queen solely for making a heir?
Sotiris wrote:Back in 2014, Santino Fontana said the writers wanted to redeem him in the sequel. Maybe the reason you mentioned is why they didn't move forward with the idea.
We barely know the movie. Hans could very well be in it. Plus, there's that image I posted a while ago.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, the poster is nice, but should have had new art. But at least Elsa's smile fits her being determined to take on what is in that forest.
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

disneyprincess11 wrote:I'm actually underwhelmed by that poster. I like the poses and atmosphere, but something's missing.
I agree, I like it but I also think it's a bit boring.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

The trailer is unfortunately underwhelming as well. It's pretty much the teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi4LMpSDccc

Nice to know Frozen 2 is at least about Elsa's powers and extension of the powers and how it can be powerful & dangerous. But....WHY are they going on a journey? Who are the new characters, minus the horse? So, Elsa does all four of the elements then?
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

The trailer doesn’t show much, true, but I found it very thrilling nonetheless!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

This looked like another teaser. It was alright but not as mysterious and captivating as the first one. I didn't like they reused footage from the teaser at the beginning. We still don't know what Frozen 2 is supposed to be about. There's been a trend lately for trailers to not reveal much and some people prefer it that way but it can be frustrating. I guess we'll have to wait until the storybooks get leaked to even know the basic plot.

It seems to me there won't be other people with powers like Elsa, just spirits representing the four elements. The horse is water, the rock giants are earth, the jumping sphere is fire and the flowing leaves are wind. The spirits of fire and wind will probably be revealed later on as something more concrete in design like the rest of the spirits. It also seems these spirits are sentient. It's clear now that the gust of wind that enveloped young Agnarr in the teaser had a mind of its own and wasn't controlled by young Iduna or anyone else.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Well, I just realized this. No source has said it was Elsa. Just that there will be a LGBTQ love story. These sources said Frozen 2 is about the parents. What if the King/Queen is bi and/or they had to marry King/Queen solely for making a heir?
disneyprincess11 What sources claimed there's an LGBTQ love story? The secret source/polish guy have only said "love story."

Ok, now that the trailer has come out, I can't come back to this forum. Let the mystery burn in my head.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Frozen 2 will bring up a lot of ideas that I look forward to Film Theory discussing. (I think his last Frozen theory was about Elsa and Rapunzel being twin sisters because both have magic powers that technically bring things to life?)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:disneyprincess11 What sources claimed there's an LGBTQ love story? The secret source/polish guy have only said "love story."
The DisInsider: Page 16 on this forum!
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

That was a neat trailer I thought, maybe I do appreciate that it still hides the main plot. Plus the colors and cinematography may have improved over the first movie, stunning! :D
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
megustajake
Gold Classic Collection

Post by megustajake »

That first sequence is so good, I don't mind them using it twice. The movie's still five months from release, I'm glad they aren't revealing too much. The visuals are stunning and I like the darker tone.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wowzers that was breathtaking! :o Im loving the Miyazaki vibe of it all!Also got a Brave feeling with the monoliths. So I'm guessing that maybe we're seeing the elements that are the characters themselves. No I don't think Anna has powers after all. Maybe the wind character helps her.

also no Hans, but I wasn't that surprised to be honest. I still think if he shows up it will be as a cameo which they wouldn't reveal in a trailer. They didn't show any other human characters anyway, Matthias and whoever ERW's voicing didn't appear in the trailer either. My guess is if he appears at all its either as a flashback or dream sequence(I have a feeling we'll get a few of those, this movie seems to be more psychological than the usual Disney fare) or in an early scene when they are still in Arendelle.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I liked the trailer, though I'm bummed out over the use of the same Vuelie over again. Otherwise, I feared that it was going to be repetive from it's teaser, but at least it showed more than expected. The chanting when the horse spirit appears reminds me a little bit of Lugia's Song from Pokemon 2. And the tall, scattered stones seems like they could come from Brave.
Last edited by DisneyFan09 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Do you think that this was supposed to be the actual teaser trailer, but they just edited it to the original one we saw and billed it as a teaser due to the Aladdin backlash ?

I loved the trailer; it didn’t give away everything which is what we are all usually accustomed to.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I preferred the first teaser as well, especially since this one recycles most of that footage. I do like the increased emphasis on the four elements though.
Sotiris wrote: It seems to me there won't be other people with powers like Elsa, just spirits representing the four elements. The horse is water, the rock giants are earth, the jumping sphere is fire and the flowing leaves are wind. The spirits of fire and wind will probably be revealed later on as something more concrete in design like the rest of the spirits. It also seems these spirits are sentient. It's clear now that the gust of wind that enveloped young Agnarr in the teaser had a mind of its own and wasn't controlled by young Iduna or anyone else.
This is what I'm leaning towards as well now and I'm glad that instead of each element being represented by a person (such as Anna or even Hans with fire powers as they are often depicted in fanart), sentient embodiments of the elements in the form of spirits are instead being utilized. What much of the fandom was thinking or hoping for was a little too much like Avatar the Last Airbender for me and not a very fresh concept anymore as we're nearly reaching the 2020s.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Three new stills have also been released and what we already knew about the Nokk has been confirmed:
In Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen 2, Elsa encounters a Nokk—a mythical water spirit that takes the form of a horse—who uses the power of the ocean to guard the secrets of the forest.
Source: https://www.cbr.com/frozen-2-new-photos ... iner-nokk/

Sotiris wrote:I didn't like they reused footage from the teaser at the beginning.
I've noticed some countries have released a version of the trailer in which that footage is cut and it begins with Elsa meeting the Nokk.
Sotiris wrote:It seems to me there won't be other people with powers like Elsa, just spirits representing the four elements. The horse is water, the rock giants are earth, the jumping sphere is fire and the flowing leaves are wind. The spirits of fire and wind will probably be revealed later on as something more concrete in design like the rest of the spirits. It also seems these spirits are sentient. It's clear now that the gust of wind that enveloped young Agnarr in the teaser had a mind of its own and wasn't controlled by young Iduna or anyone else.
I think you might be right. I'd prefer that to more people having powers like Elsa.
megustajake wrote:The movie's still five months from release, I'm glad they aren't revealing too much.
I agree. I like that they want to keep a bit of mystery around the plot. I suspected they wouldn't reveal much because of the trailer's running time that was revealed last week, and also because the poster looked like another teaser poster. I think they're probably saving most of the exclusives for the D23 Expo. But they did reveal several new things, it's just that we already knew most of them because of the leaks. And we'll probably get more details on Friday during the Disney presentation at Annecy.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

megustajake wrote:That first sequence is so good, I don't mind them using it twice. The movie's still five months from release, I'm glad they aren't revealing too much. The visuals are stunning and I like the darker tone.
Same.
D82 wrote: I think you might be right. I'd prefer that to more people having powers like Elsa.
Me, too. I would rather Elsa remained mostly unique in-universe than randoms with powers popping up all over the place like this is X-Men.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

D82 wrote:Three new stills[/url] have also been released.
I like those shots, especially the one with Anna and Olaf.

Since the plot has been revealed as the unleashing powers of the forest, it seems like Disney are fulfilling what Brave was initially rumored to be about - at least from it's misleading Japanese trailer.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

That red is so ominous that I thought it was blood for a second lol. I prefer this poster though because it features the whole cast and is more evocative.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey