Your Disney Bucket List

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Your Disney Bucket List

Post by Avaitor »

Considering how most everyone on here (well, basically everyone, since even still this board is primarily Disney-oriented) is a big Disney fan, I'm sure there are some things that everyone has done to verify their love, be it by trying to collect all of your favorite movies or characters, been to the parks, or what have you.

But are there some things that you've always wanted to do is relation to Disney, but just never had the chance? Here's where you can share some of these things. Although I'd suggest that you don't bring up certain movies or shows that you want to be released, since there isn't much you can do about that aside from petitions.

Personally, I've always wanted to-

-Go to another one of the parks. I've only been to WDW, so I really want to experience Disneyland, Euro Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland
-While I'm at Disneyland resort, one thing I want to do is ride Mickey's Big Wheel during sunset
-As well as just see World of Color live
-Go to a feature at the El Capitan. I know it's unnecessary, but I'd go for one of the deluxe packages if I ever had the chance
-Go inside Club 33
-Go to one of those rare character days at one of the parks. ESPECIALLY to see Scrooge or Basil, if they ever appear
-Collect every Disney Treasures release, including the True-Life Adventures sets
-Obtain a Gold D23 membership
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Re: Your Disney Bucket List

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Avaitor wrote: Personally, I've always wanted to-

-Go to another one of the parks. I've only been to WDW, so I really want to experience Disneyland, Euro Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland
-While I'm at Disneyland resort, one thing I want to do is ride Mickey's Big Wheel during sunset
-As well as just see World of Color live
-Go to a feature at the El Capitan. I know it's unnecessary, but I'd go for one of the deluxe packages if I ever had the chance
-Go inside Club 33
-Go to one of those rare character days at one of the parks. ESPECIALLY to see Scrooge or Basil, if they ever appear
-Collect every Disney Treasures release, including the True-Life Adventures sets
-Obtain a Gold D23 membership
Not sure about what I'd want, perhaps it will come to me later, but I WILL reply to yours. :P

1. I've been to Disneyland and WDW but I'd love to try EVERY park!
2. I'd never thought of that! I was on it in full daylight.
3. I was there just before World of Color got in. Sad really.
4. I want to too! I meet the manager of the theatre once and he said he'd set up tour sometime if I came back but I'd doubt he'd recall who I was.
5. I've been in the lobby but no farther. I'd love a meal there.
6.I want that too!
7. I have all of the actual Treasures but not the True-Life Sets. I would get the Treasures every Christmas (And May that one year). I miss them.
8. It's not that worth it unless you live in NY, Cali, or Florida. I loved having it but mostly it was the magazine and a few free trinkets.

-Skyler
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Well I do live in Florida, which explains why I've been to WDW a bunch. Although yeah, from what I see, D23 is best suited for people close to Cali. Still, the magazine and trinkets are nice enough to consider at least going silver, as well as the frequent discounts.

I'm trying to think of more, since I'm sure there is. One thing I thought of that would be cool is to obtain at least one piece of merchandising from every DAC that came out around their release, which seems doable but expensive and tough the further back you go. But I should probably try to get an Olaf bobblehead or something while Frozen's still fresh. :P

And of course, I'd love to visit Disney Studios or the Archives or Pixar Studios or anything to that extent, as well as meet people such as Alan Menken, Andreas Deja, Eric Goldberg, etc, but those seem like things I'd have to be REALLY lucky to accomplish.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Just go to Disney land or Disney world really, and guess cosplay as a Disney character :)
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

-To see all of the animated features in the studio's canon: As of this writing, I still have not seen the first half of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, The Aristocats, The Rescuers Down Under, Tarzan, Dinosaur, Atlantis, or Treasure Planet.

-To see Mary Poppins: I plan on doing just this before seeing Saving Mr. Banks.

-To visit Disneyland: I went to Walt Disney World for Spring Break in 1999. Would love to see the first theme park in comparison.

-To visit Celebration, FL: I don't think I went there during my WDW visit. This was a major influence in my interest in urban planning.

-To visit a Disney Animation Studio: Just because I'd like to. :ears:
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

What a wonderful idea for a thread!

I'd like to.........

* Visit every Disney park around the world.

* Dine at Club 33

* Visit the Disney Vault
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

I was actually able to scratch a couple off this summer, as both Jim Cummings and Leonard Maltin were at San Diego Comic-Con, so I was able to meet both of them there.

Of what's left... the top one should be easy, I just need to borrow them from my brother's girlfriend. The others... we'll see heh...

- Watch every animated Disney film (just got The Little Mermaid and Treasure Planet left).
- Meet Tress MacNeille.
- Go to Tokyo Disneyland (and Japan in general).
- Get inside Club 33.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

The Disney vault is real???

Anyway, my own bucket list

-Get Funko Pops and VinylMations of my fave characters

-Cosplay as Elsa in a Con or D23

-Go to any of the Parks

-Meet Bill Farmer

And this is more what "i'd like to do" than something I will do. Though nothing's for certain, seeing as I got the Donald Funko Pop at this Con I went. :D
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

To see the Asian Disney parks. Maybe be at the opening for Shanghai Disney.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just thought, if I could add to my list; I'd love to meet some of the recording artists behind the characters I love so much.

That's pretty much a fantasy, but a girl can dream!
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

The most realistic ones for me are is to visit Disneyland in California and the Disney Family museum in San Francisco, and to see some of the older classics on the big screen (Pinocchio and Fantasia are films I'd really like to see blown up).

Other than that:
Work on a Disney animated film, or a tentpole live action film for Disney.
Tour the Disney Animation Art Library
Meet some of the people who have worked on some of the great Disney films.
Write a book about Disney, which would be published
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I've actually accomplished a lot of Disney bucket list things this year, and I feel so gracious and humble for having done so, like...

- Visiting both Disneyland and Walt Disney World after YEARS of dreaming about them
- Eating at Club 33
- Going behind the scenes at Disneyland
- Seeing a movie at the El Capitan theater (and afterwards we had a tour of the theater)
- I walked the red carpet of Planes before the actual premiere, then I saw the premiere
- Went to Star Wars Weekends at WDW
- Attended a character meal at Disneyland (Storyteller's Cafe)
- Visited Disney Imagineering
- Visited the Walt Disney Studios

Now as to what is left, I want to meet a Disney Legend in person, visit WDW on Halloween (and wear a Disney character costume) and Christmas, take someone who has never been to the parks, visit Walt Disney Animation Studios, visit Pixar Studios, go to the international Disney theme parks, go on a Disney Cruise, and the most impossible of them all...

Become a Disney Legend. Yeah, impossible, but it is great to dream... :)
ImageImageImageImage

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Oh! How could I forget? I also visited Walt's Apartment in Disneyland, as well as the Dream Suite! One of my favorite pictures from the trip was actually taken at Walt's apartment...

I also saw Walt's Barn over at Carolwood Park, which was great. I also visited the Disney Archives, as well as met Lucky the Disney on Imagineering!
Attachments
934687_4639129755270_1214133253_n.jpg
934687_4639129755270_1214133253_n.jpg (86.16 KiB) Viewed 6428 times
ImageImageImageImage

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yours and Scaps' Facebook posts about Disney are my favorite things on my feed, pap. :)

And if you do get to go to the parks during Halloween, might I suggest dressing up as John Lasseter? :P Or heck, who needs an excuse to wear one of his epic Hawaiian shirts anyway.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Fun thread! :)

Something I'd always wanted long before I even had a boyfriend :p was to someday have my honeymoon at Disneyland. :) That happened on Halloween of 2010. :D

I would so love to tour the animation studio someday and to meet some of the artists. :) I'd also like to visit the Disney Family Museum over in San Francisco if I ever make it up that way again. And I've always wanted to visit the Disney Archives, of course.

I'd love to have a production cel of Ariel from The Little Mermaid, although it would be more realistic of me to someday obtain a cel of Darkwing Duck (which I'd love almost as much and would obviously be much more affordable).

I'd like to collect pretty much all of the art books. I'd had a decent selection from the 90's, but many were lost when I moved various times, and there's been plenty published since that I'd like to catch up on.

At one point I'd planned on collecting all of the DAC's on Blu-ray, but that won't happen given the quality of some of the releases. At any rate I'd like to at least own them all in some form, and I think I do now minus Cinderella (I once owned the DVD but lost it when I moved to Vegas, and won't bother with the Blu-ray unless I get it used at a super-good price).

Oh, and I'd really, really love to meet Jim Cummings.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
* Visit the Disney Vault
The Vault kind looks like a building you'd find on a farm to be honest. I feel very honored and humbledto have seen what many Disney Fanatics would probably not see. I do have pictures of it also. Lovely memories

As for my Bucket List

Go Back to Disneyland

Visit Disney World.

Go to the D23 Expo

See a Disney Movie at the El Capitan Theater

I'd love to go see The Lion King Broadway Musical Again.

To visit the Walt Disney Museum that Diane Disney Miller Set up

Tour The Disney Lot again and visit it.

That's all I can think of at the moment
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Oh, I forgot about the Walt Disney Family Museum. I'd really love to do that.

As well as see a Disney Broadway show. If and when I ever get to go to NY, I need to make sure that happens.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

- Meet Richard Sherman!!!
- Go to every Disney park.
- Visit the Studio lot in Burbank.
- Disneybound in every park. :)
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Oh goodness yes, I read your lovely write up disneyboy20022, it all looked so amazing! It's just really knowing that you've been there…actually been to the Disney vault. Just amazing.

And you've done loads pap64! :o Amazing !
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Let's see...

- I want to visit all the Disney theme parks at least once. I also want to do all the super secret cool stuff while I'm there...

- I want to see Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid on the big screen at least once.

- I still haven't bought every DAC on any format. I'm probably missing ten or so titles.

- I, too, would like to work on a Disney film. I imagine most of us would. My pet fantasy: direct a live-action version of Gargoyles that would make a lot of money, do well critically, and revitalize the franchise to the point where it could become one of Disney's most important lines. And also give Greg Weisman a chance to make some of those proposed spin-offs.

- I once saw the snowglobe from the "Feed the Birds" segment in Mary Poppins was sitting in the Disney archives, collecting dust away from the public eye. I've always wanted to buy it and give it to a museum that would put it on display for everyone to see.

- Given her connection to the company, I'll use this opportunity to state the obvious: I'd like to meet Julie Andrews at least once.

Less of a bucket list and more of an "impossible dream" list. Some of it, anyway.