Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Celebrating 10 Years of Disney Animationโ€™s โ€˜Frozenโ€™
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/celebr ... ns-frozen/

Frozen director explains why 'Let It Go' lyrics changed to be 'more accessible' in new ride[/u]
https://ew.com/frozen-let-it-go-lyrics- ... de-8404531
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Iโ€™m a bit late to this discussion, but Iโ€™m a little frustrated the fact that the Frozen rideโ€™s animatronics at HK Disney are 100% animatronic, including the faces. Meanwhile, the WDW Frozen rideโ€™s animatronics have projected faces, which makes those animatronics seemโ€ฆ I want to say โ€œcheapโ€ compared to HK Disneyโ€™s.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I know the projected faces are controversial, but I actually like them for the Frozen characters. It makes them look exactly as they do in the film. I know thatโ€™s a minority opinion, and I hazard to guess the effect would not work as well on traditionally animated figuresโ€” Tokyoโ€™s BATB looks stunning! Iโ€™m glad those arenโ€™t projected, definitely.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I suppose that makes sense
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sing-along celebrates 10th anniversary of 'Frozen'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3flcbQJCUs

Sing along to 'Let It Go' from 'Frozen' and NYC Disney on Ice performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nKZqwSGIyY
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Do You Want to Build a Movie? An Oral History of Frozen
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... al-history
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

I still really want to hear the full eight-minute version of "We Know Better."

I loved reading about how each of the actors came into their roles. It's really fascinating to think about just how the characters really were built around the performers.

This part in particular stood out to me.
Lee: I'll say this now, because I'm in this role. [In 2018, after Lasseter left the studio following allegations of misconductโ€”which he called โ€œmisstepsโ€โ€”Lee would be named chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation.] It was very hard for me, because it was a film about sisters, and I'm a woman filmmaker. It was less the musical part, because I understood sometimes people will say, "Oh, musical? No," versus giving it a chance. But I struggled with how much [the marketing] didn't feature the women. I want to be respectful to the team; marketing wasn't my job skills or training. But also, it was something as a woman filmmaker that I found hard to navigate at first

Buck: It was difficult for all of us, because we're trying to promote the movieโ€”yet we couldn't say it was about sisters. We couldn't say it was a fairytale. We couldn't say it was a musical. We couldn't say it was a princess.
I highlight it because, one, I'm always glad to see people still people reporting Lasseter for being a creep and not opining about how Lasseter's departure is the reason Disney/Pixar are struggling.

Two, because I absolutely remember anticipating this movie and being just as frustrated that the marketing was being forced to skirt around the princess-y musical bits, and it felt so venerating when this little "princess movie" became one of the biggest cultural phenomenons in movie history.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Thanks so much for sharing that article, Farerb! It's interesting that we're still learning about the making of the film 10 years later. I thought it was all interesting, but the fact that the original version (jilted-at-the-altar-Elsa) wished on a star, and Santino's townsperson character was a tour guide. (#ChrisBuck #Wish)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I first saw Frozen at the theater exactly 10 years ago today, initially seeing Elsaโ€™s journey as an allegory for mental illness. I made a connection with the character through her journey, given that Iโ€™d dealt with severe anxieties and had fought to appear โ€œnormalโ€ all of my life. Reality is obviously messier than any animated film, and it would be a while before Iโ€™d be diagnosed with GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) and eventually ADHD so I could seek treatment. And sometime later, I found myself using portions of the film in a presentation about dealing with GAD for a group of people who also suffer from it.

Anyway, as stood up in the theater during the credits I found myself in extreme pain โ€ฆ because I was going into labor. The pain had actually begun during Let it Go, but Iโ€™d assumed I was having false contractions; standing up made me realize they were very real. I still like to joke that Little Dude heard the song and wanted to watch the movie too! The silly kid didnโ€™t arrive until the next day though, and for a few months the only thing that would calm him down at night was singing the song to him.

I donโ€™t think any of us knew how big of a success it would be, and I donโ€™t think I realized its impact myself until I saw some teenagers enjoying the soundtrack at my SILโ€™s work. Suddenly it was cool to like Disney again, like back during the renaissance! However, I know a lot of hardcore Disney fans feel Frozen is overrated. Iโ€™ll admit the film definitely has a lot of flaws, but for obvious reasons itโ€™ll always hold a special place for me.

So a whole decade later, public opinion has turned upon Disney through their release of Wish, and itโ€™s cool to hate on them again. Little Dude turns 10 tomorrow, and of course all of this controversy is completely lost on him. He thoroughly enjoyed Wish and asks to have the soundtrack play both in the car and at bedtime, and I catch him singing This is the Thanks I Get to himself throughout the day. He still enjoys Frozen along with a mountain of other animated films, and weโ€™ve been creating some awesome memories together.

Anyway, Iโ€™m pretty thankful Frozen exists, and I also enjoy its somewhat wonky sequel. Which leaves me to wonder โ€ฆ where will Disney be in the next ten years, and how will we continue to look back on this film and the way it has helped shape modern Disney?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Aw, that's a sweet story about your son being born.

I still think a lot of the rancor aimed at Frozen is similar to how TLK was treated back when I first started posting on this board back as a middle schooler all those years ago. It does have flaws, but there is seldom a film that exists that doesn't have at least a couple of flaws. For Frozen, I'd say it's the trolls scene mostly. TLM has Scuttle though, B&tB has the animation budget that resulted in some shoddy animation of the townsfolk in a lot of scenes, Pinocchio has a sort of episodic quality (although not as dramatic as in TJB or TSitS), etc.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New artwork from the Frozen signature suite at Disneyland Hotel in Disneyland Paris in the style of the French posters.

Source; https://www.mousesteps.com/2024/02/08/a ... tos-video/
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CanbDrCMJw ... JmaDZiNA== :eye:
Test animation by Hyrum Osmondโ˜๏ธ, showing the earlier Olafied Version of Marshmallow and a Kristoff who is modeled after this Concept Design by Brittney Lee:
Kristoff by Brittney Lee.jpg
Kristoff by Brittney Lee.jpg (122.4 KiB) Viewed 290 times
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Adele Dazeem Turns 10: The Oral History of a Wickedly Talented Oscar Meme
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/ad ... ds-insider