Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Hey Disney, thanks for giving us Miley Cyrus. *rolls eyes*

Post by Barbossa »

dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Re: Hey Disney, thanks for giving us Miley Cyrus. *rolls eye

Post by dvdjunkie »

It was disgusting in more ways than one. It was also her Dad's birthday! What a birthday present! Miley has gone too far this time. She joins Selena Gomez as the once "darlings of Disney" who have taken it one step to far.

Bye bye, Miley Cyrus.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

I guess all child stars, especially "Disney" child stars are anxious to depart from their sweet, innocent child persona and show the world they're all grown up. Too bad they miss the point that acting grown-up doesn't mean acting crazy and outrageous and getting kooky haircuts, piercings and tattoos. Much less, go bad and develop a criminal record. Something's definitely wrong here. Doesn't anyone teach them about growing up to be good examples and role models for kids? These young stars are in a unique position in that they can have a huge influence on kids, and every single one screws it up. Look at Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Amanda Bynes, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and so many others that have gone the "bad" way and sadly, in most cases the outcome is tragic. How many child star deaths from overdoses and suicides have we seen in the last couple of decades? How many have lost it all after spiraling out of control? These poor kids are lacking serious guidance in their lives. Kudos to child stars like Hillary Duff and Candace Cameron that have managed to grow up without going nuts and overboard like some of their peers!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

dvdjunkie wrote:She joins Selena Gomez as the once "darlings of Disney" who have taken it one step to far.
Selena Gomez did something outlandish too!? I though she looked ok ...
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

My theory is that they're afraid of loosing what they have. They don't have a normal childhood, they don't know how to live normally. Once they age out of their "unique selling point" they worry that they can't move on.

It's been a problem with the majority of child stars since movies and television began. Looks like "the industry" hasn't leaned from past failures.

But Miley wasn't really that outrageous. [shrugs] It's only her past PUBLIC personna which makes you think so. We have no idea what she was like in PRIVATE all those years.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Jules wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:She joins Selena Gomez as the once "darlings of Disney" who have taken it one step to far.
Selena Gomez did something outlandish too!? I though she looked ok ...
I think he might be referring to her film Spring Breakers. However, although she does put her Disney image behind her in that role, in the context of the movie, her character is actually the good girl of the group and very uncomfortable by her friend's criminal aspirations and thus, leaves the story before things get really crazy and out-of-hand.

I think as pointed out by Mara Wilson, because child actors (especially those working at Disney) are forced to being 100% perfect even through their teenage years, which tends to be the most rebellious stage of somebody's life, when they reach of age and leave the grasp of their former employer, all of that inner rebellousness comes out in one big swoop. Because these child actors are so stuck away from reality, they tend to have a warped vision of what maturing is about.

I think Selena Gomez will join the ranks of actors like Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale and Jodie Foster and turn out to have a good career afterwards. I have no idea what route Miley Cyrus will go, though from the looks of things, she's trying to do the popular thing and that is give as strangest a musical performance as possible. You can bet if the likes of Katy Perry gave normal, understated musical performances, they would not be nearly as possible. But I prefer singers who act like themselves rather than trying to be as strange as possible (like Ingrid Michealson and Zooey Deschanel, to name some examples).
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

She's screams of "take notice world! I'm all grown up see?? Look how I can gyrate now!!"

I think it's a fine line; either she has done this to shock, and show the split from Disney, or this truly is what she's like. I'm not sure which it is to be honest...

There are such things as growing up gracefully; look at Emma Watson. She cut her hair yes, but she is composed and likeable after being in the limelight from the age of 9.

Many years ago now, but look at the lovely Hayley Mills! She was a product of the Disney System but turned out beautifully. Maybe she had brains on top her talent though, which Miley doesn't really seem to have.
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:She's screams of "take notice world! I'm all grown up see?? Look how I can gyrate now!!"

I think it's a fine line; either she has done this to shock, and show the split from Disney, or this truly is what she's like. I'm not sure which it is to be honest...

There are such things as growing up gracefully; look at Emma Watson. She cut her hair yes, but she is composed and likeable after being in the limelight from the age of 9.

Many years ago now, but look at the lovely Hayley Mills! She was a product of the Disney System but turned out beautifully. Maybe she had brains on top her talent though, which Miley doesn't really seem to have.
Well, it seems many of today's newly adult former child stars have no idea what "growing up gracefully" means. They seem to think "I'm grown now, so I have to be bad and outrageous to show I'm grown". Somebody ought to tell them that instead of looking grown up, they come across as completely immature and as young punks who have no brains and no self respect.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cegx5ksezH8[/youtube]

Go to the 1 minute 15 second mark.

By the way, that was horrible. I mean I understand she wanted to not be a Disney star anymore, but that is too far. I'm now feel ashamed to say I ever liked anything to do with Hannah Montana after hearing about this.

EDIT

Will Smith and his family were in the audience and this photo was their reaction to Miley's disgusting display

One thing I feel sad for is the Make a Wish kids who wished to meet her, and now if they are still around, are looking at who they wished to meet, and now feel they wasted their wish on some trash.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Angeldude98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Angeldude98 »

Hey disneyboy20022, the Smith family is not reacting to Miley Cyrus in that picture. Look at the caption on the bottom right... they are reacting to Lady Gaga! You can confirm it if you run a Google search on it. :)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Angeldude98 wrote:Hey disneyboy20022, the Smith family is not reacting to Miley Cyrus in that picture. Look at the caption on the bottom right... they are reacting to Lady Gaga! You can confirm it if you run a Google search on it. :)
The News story started from this

https://twitter.com/chi_chibaby/status/ ... 72/photo/1

However as you said, they were reacting to Lady Gaga, because some news sites took Twitter for a true source. Here's the article that sets the record straight.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... _wasn.html
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
disneyftw1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyftw1 »

She's a grown-up. She's got money. She's out of Disney's hands. She wouldn't care. Nor would I. ... well some would, but here, I wouldn't give a *beep*.
This is DisneyFTW1, a former Youtube account that was terminated by Disney themselves. My current Youtube Account is FilmFTW2 (FilmFTW1 was terminated). Youtube sucks when it comes to film uploads, and it sucks even more when major corporations are following your channels. But what can I do?
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

What has amazed me is how almost every Disney child star since Hayley Mills & Annette have been train wrecks. In stark contrast I don't think I've read a bad word about any of the child stars who appeared in 8 Harry Potter films. Maybe they were just lucky. Maybe there's a difference between American & British child stars but I've always been impressed at how the Potter kids (now adults) have stayed out of the tabloids & the British tabloids would crucify them if they did screw up.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, never liked Miley Cyrus (especially her voice), and these days she reeks of desperation to maintain relevance. I'm not sure why she's trying so hard, since she should have enough money from her Hannah Montana years to live the rest of her life in ease...if she was smart with it. :?

But I have liked some of the stars Disney has found, mainly Christina Aguilera. And there are a lot of people who like Justin Timberlake, too. I don't remember Hilary Duff going through the crazy phase coined by Britney.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I don't think you can really include Britney in the 'Disney star gone wrong' category; she had a complete mental break down due to post partum depression and divorce, took a few years to recover, and is now healthy and happy. And arguably, she is the one of, if not the biggest child star to come from Disney; that level of success and hype can cause problems for anyone.

If Miley wanted people to be talking about her performance then she certainly succeeded...maybe just not for the right reasons.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

To be fair, Jaden Smith´s expression is the same he always has.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Found this.

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Who cares.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

SWEET SALLY! :o

What a slut! :glare:
Last edited by TsWade2 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DylanCharles90
Limited Issue

Post by DylanCharles90 »

we all know Miley's crazy, but its working for her!
she has not one...BUT TWO songs in the TOP 5 songs on itunes!!!!!!
......Seriously, that never happens!!!!!
Everyone's talking about her and what a mess she is....but that's just the thing. EVERYONE'S TALKING. everyone's clicking, and everyone's listening. These aren't random acts of desperation or craziness for her, it's strategy. AND IT'S WORKING.

get it gurl lol she's jst bein miley