RIP Annette Funicello

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

RIP Annette Funicello

Post by zackisthewalrus »

D23 is reporting that former Mouseketeer Annette Funicello has passed away at the age of 70. RIP
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Re: RIP Annette Funicello

Post by PatrickvD »

Rest in peace, Annette!

Death comes in three's. After Roger Ebert and Margaret Thatcher I was wondering if there would be the inevitable third celebrity death. Sadly, like Ebert she wasn't very old. Though I wouldn't call what Annette had a life anymore, because she had apparently been in a coma for several years.

She was the original mouseketeer. RIP.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I just read this myself. :(

R.I.P. Annette.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

This is so very sad :(

Rest in peace, Annette.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

What a sad few days. My favorite movie critic & (next to Hayley Mills) my favorite actress from Disney (or any other studio). A classy lady & role model.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
WilbyDaniels
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WilbyDaniels »

:cry: rip annette. no more pain!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

RIP Annette. :(
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I am so sad to hear this. RIP Annette.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

We'll always love you, Annette!!! Thanks for all the memorable moments on screen, in song, in the sand...!

I hope that the Studio, out of respect for this great lady, reissues the rest of Annette's films to home video. "The Horsemasters" and "Escapade in Florence" have yet to be released on DVD.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I remember when Disney Channel still did Vault Disney, I would try to stay up late at night to watch it. I forget what came on first, Zorro or the Mickey Mouse Club, but they both occupied the first hour of the block, and I'd usually end up catching them both before I usually passed out by Disneyland. I remember watching Annette on the latter show, although the only nights I was able to stay up and do this on were Fridays, which was Western Nights for the MMC, which is all I knew her from.

It wasn't until I was older that I got to see episodes from the other days of the week, including the miniseries of shorts named after her that made its way through the show, as well as some of her feature work, such as The Shaggy Dog. She was always fun to watch, and she seemed like a very sweet person, so of course it's tragic to know that she isn't with us anymore. May she rest in peace.
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

A sad day, Rest In Peace, Annette.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

PatrickvD wrote:Rest in peace, Annette!

Death comes in three's.
Actually, I think there were more than 3 this time around. Last week we lost our former premier who was mayor of Calgary during the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics. He also passed away at the age of 70. Ralph (our premier), Roger, and Annette all ended it on this planet at the age of 70.

A great talent lost. After watching the W5 documentary last fall, I couldn't believe what MS did to that beautiful woman. RIP Annette.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZENaHDOb9rg

Sorry. I know it's unnecessary, but that's how I feel.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

RIP Annette.

Although I am saddened to hear of her passing, in part I view it as a blessing for her. She has suffered so much for so many years, after viewing that production on her battle with MS that a news channel in Canada had put together last fall It broke my heart, had no idea she had declined that much. But I am so glad she had such a wonderful husband behind her all way the way in the marriage vows cherish honor and protect until death do you part Glen Holt never reneged on that and he lovingly took care of her all of her life. Also you could tell her live in nursing staff cared about her deeply. As well as her dear friend Shelley Fabares, although they hadn't been included in the production I am sure her children as well.

It is sad to see another legend of our times pass, I am grateful for the legacy she has left us. And find joy in the knowledge that she is now free of pain and suffering.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Disney Guru wrote:RIP Annette.

Although I am saddened to hear of her passing, in part I view it as a blessing for her. She has suffered so much for so many years, after viewing that production on her battle with MS that a news channel in Canada had put together last fall It broke my heart, had no idea she had declined that much. But I am so glad she had such a wonderful husband behind her all way the way in the marriage vows cherish honor and protect until death do you part Glen Holt never reneged on that and he lovingly took care of her all of her life. Also you could tell her live in nursing staff cared about her deeply. As well as her dear friend Shelley Fabares, although they hadn't been included in the production I am sure her children as well.

It is sad to see another legend of our times pass, I am grateful for the legacy she has left us. And find joy in the knowledge that she is now free of pain and suffering.
Indeed. And I bet she can move her body and speak again in heaven. :wink:
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

merlinjones wrote:We'll always love you, Annette!!! Thanks for all the memorable moments on screen, in song, in the sand...!

I hope that the Studio, out of respect for this great lady, reissues the rest of Annette's films to home video. "The Horsemasters" and "Escapade in Florence" have yet to be released on DVD.
Open Vault Disney will hold a special Annette-themed campaign event this month to focus our efforts on Annette's unreleased Disney titles. It's the best way we know to honor this DIsney legend and I hope the powers that be pay attention and that we have a good turn out. Please everyone, join us!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Barbossa wrote:
PatrickvD wrote:Rest in peace, Annette!

Death comes in three's.
Actually, I think there were more than 3 this time around. Last week we lost our former premier who was mayor of Calgary during the 1988 Calgary Winter Olympics. He also passed away at the age of 70. Ralph (our premier), Roger, and Annette all ended it on this planet at the age of 70.

A great talent lost. After watching the W5 documentary last fall, I couldn't believe what MS did to that beautiful woman. RIP Annette.
We also lost Clive Burr, Iron Maiden's earlier drummer, the other week. It's a little further back, and he isn't as much of a household name as Annette or Ebert were, but he was on the first three albums.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I remembered her the most on her guest spot in Full House. So sad. RIP Anette. :(
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I truly feel blessed that I had an opportunity to meet Annette Funicello in person at a premier showing of "Beach Party". She was so genuinely nice, and she was a very humble person.

I collected all of her records and LP's, which were numerous. We all know and remember her best from the days of "Pineapple Princess", and her love tome to Paul Anka, "Tall Paul".

R.I.P.: Annette Funicello
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!