Paramount Theme Park

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Paramount Theme Park

Post by Atlantica »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jobs.html

I'm not too sure what to make of this; what could they actually use within the park ? What characters/themes do they possess ?
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I remember reading somewhere quite a while back, that Paramount had an idea for an Addams Family dark ride based on the 90s films for their Kings Island and Kings Dominion parks here in the states. I keep thinking of how awesome that would have been :p

Other than the exception of the Scooby Doo characters and the Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion dark ride and the Spongebob simulator at Kings Dominion, I can't think of really any marketable characters they have.
-Tim
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I see Star Trek in the model and the article mentions Mission: Impossible and Titanic so I think they have some good properties to work with. And they can also buy others like Universal did with Harry Potter or Disney did with Star Wars. They could always build a copy of the Top Gun coaster too, or *gasp* original attrations. :P

For 2 billion pounds, it should be good.

This is interesteing because unlike the current Cedar Fair parks, this one will be built from the ground up by Paramount and should be of far better quality.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

OOOOOOO would love to see some Addams Family theming !

They don't have the icons like Disney though.....like even Dreamworks World; I think that could suffer from the lack of them.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

PrincePhillipFan wrote:I remember reading somewhere quite a while back, that Paramount had an idea for an Addams Family dark ride based on the 90s films for their Kings Island and Kings Dominion parks here in the states. I keep thinking of how awesome that would have been :p
Having followed the Paramount Parks before the Cedar Fair acquisition, I can confirm that they were indeed going to build an indoor Addams Family dark ride / coaster. It was to be built right where the Italian Job coaster went. Unfortunately, there was a rights dispute when one of the rights holders died and it caused major delays on the coaster, to which they made the last minute decision to put the Italian Job coaster in it's place (I don't know if anyone remembers but half the effects on that ride were disabled from day one due to poor planning). From the concept art I have, it was to be on the same level as the Tomb Raider ride (aka HIGHLY THEMED). It's a shame Viacom split CBS off and CBS wanted nothing to do with the Paramount Parks and quickly dispensed of them to Cedar Fair, who doesn't give a shit about theming (first thing they do it tear out theming and dump coasters in like crazy where theming used to be).
PrincePhillipFan wrote:Other than the exception of the Scooby Doo characters and the Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion dark ride and the Spongebob simulator at Kings Dominion, I can't think of really any marketable characters they have.
They don't own Scooby-Doo, Warner does, which is why you find him at Six Flags. Taft Broadcasting owned Hanna-Barbera and made Kings Island and Kings Dominion specifically to advertise those shows. If you notice the original park layout, it was heavily inspired by Disneyland, with The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera being the equivalent of Fantasyland (an area to advertise your characters). The Hanna-Barbera rights have been grandfathered in with the parks up until Nickelodeon took over. The Scooby-Doo ride had it's own license that comes from Sally, the manufacturer, that only applies to the ride. Cedar Fair hates theming, so they quickly made the ride generic anyways.

If this new UK park is anything like the park they're building in Spain, it should be pretty amazing. Just look at the concept art:

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/ ... spain.html

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ain-2.html

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ain-3.html

Am I the only one who thinks the Rango area looks like Universal Studio's Fievel area? It's just cool to see these parks finally getting built. Way back in the early 2000's they were in talks to build a Paramount Park in Japan and the concept art looked amazing. A giant ferris wheel that was in a mountain and the cars you sat in were the stars from their logo. Freaking awesome.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

I'd rather see the Titanic built as an actual hotel you can stay in as opposed to an exhibit.Except unlike on the actual Titanic, people would be allowed to tour all parts of the ship regardless of what class they're staying in.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

JP I hear what you say, although when Paramount took over Canada's Wonderland in 1995 (another Taft built park with Happy Land and all) they started a major "de-theming" of the areas to put as many exposed coasters and flat rides in as possible, which Cedar Fair has largely continued, although Leviathan has some theming.

I would so love to see that Sleepy Hollow thing built (shocking, I know).