Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

If the Funko eyes and ears out there are reading this, in light of the Rapunzel Blu-ray release, I wish there was a chance of getting a few Funko based on the show since other shows have received them. :( I know it's a long shot, but there have been TV series-based pops, both for recent shows and old ones. You never know:

Rapunzel (black hair during the reverse, decay incantation)
Eugene (teal outfit--I prefer all the different outfits Eugene and Rapunzel have to the movie ones, tbh, I always found their movie outfits kind of ugly)
Eugene (blue outfit -- I can't quite recall right now, but I believe this is his outfit when he learns he wasborn a prince)
Eugene (Captain of the Guard outfit)
Rapunzel (purple outfit from the last season)
Cassandra -- at least the blue-haired moonstone version of her, although I wouldn't mind one of her basic design
Varian
Zhan Tiri (the demon-monster version of her is the version I'd want)

Come to think of it, a version of Rapunzel with her powers lighting up her hair the same way it does for Cassandra would be nice whether they do the series or not, since she does that in the film, too. Same with a brunette Rapunzel.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Spoiler alert about Eugene's birth please!! I haven't seen much of the show and just got the Blu-ray! :(
blackcauldron85

Thank you, Disney's Divinity!! :pink:
Disney's Divinity

Just got the Cheshire Cat through the Warehouse. So now just the White Rabbit left to get of the Wonderland pops. The two Mim pops I ordered a month ago still haven't shipped. :lol: Especially strange since Mim Dragon I got through the Warehouse, and usually those leave immediately. :? Weird.

And I still need to get Merlin of the TSitS pops. The regular Wart pop I'll wait to show up for $6 or something in the Warehouse before I get it; the head / face doesn't really look like the character so I would only want it to out of completionist tendencies. I might get a few Ultimate Princess pops that way--I didn't "need" any of them other than Ariel (and eventually the BoxLunch Tiana...whenever), but if Aurora, regular Tiana, Moana, or Jasmine show up for a low price, I'd probably get them. If not, I'm fine waiting for Briar Rose to show up as a regular pop without the weird stand things; I'm still waiting for a version of her with the Blue Dress that has the movie hair rather than the DP line hair, too. Probably happen whenever there's an anniversary line for it in the future. God knows they love making Maleficent variants.

It might've been mentioned already, but if not, apparently there's a BoxLunch pop of Pooh with him in the rain with an umbrella and coat / boots.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I need to get Alice but cant find her for under 12 bucks. She's about 15 on Amazon. Her pop must be really popular.

Ive been disappointed with the quality of the wave 2 Ultimate Princess Pops. I finally was able to get Moana and Poca from Amazon but had to return both b/c they had so many paint flaws and Moana's had a really messed up neck. And Poca had glue residue all over her head! :x The replacements were a bit better but not perfect either. Sigh.
Disney's Divinity

That’s a shame. Thankfully I didn’t need / want the Alice pop. The White Rabbit is also priced at $16. I’m not sure if the price has anything to do with demand, just the fact that they’re out-of-stock and some people want to take advantage while people are all waiting (and waiting and waiting) for Amazon to get things back in stock. Merlin is priced at $29.99 right now, lol.

I got an e-mail about Mim that the pop was delayed to the end of February. I don’t mind waiting, since I know it’ll come eventually once I was able to buy it via Amazon products. Hope I can get an order of Merlin at a proper price from Amazon soon, too.
Disney's Divinity

Mim (Dragon) came today. It wasn't the sick variant, unfortunately. I've never got a chase before, so didn't really expect to here either. Even though it was from the warehouse, there was nothing wrong with the box or the pop. :shrug: Most of the items I get from the Amazon Warehouse end up being that way. So far the only ones I got that were messed up (and just the box, not the pops themselves) have been Hermione's 10th Anniversary pop box that was also tattered and the Queen of Hearts (with King)'s box that felt sticky on the back for some reason. :lol: As long as the pops themselves are fine, I'm not too bothered by it, since I display them out-of-box.

Anyone, Mim (Dragon) looked perfect, even better in person. :) This Sword in the Stone line has been better than I could've ever expected for one of their lesser films. Arthur Pulling Excalibur, Mim, Mim (Pig Face), Mim (Dragon), Merlin, and Archimedes.... All great. I think the only other one I'd really like to have is a Merlin (Bermuda variant).
blackcauldron85

Funko and Make-A-Wish Releasing New Disney Pops! With Purpose
http://wdwnt.com/?p=590614
Disney's Divinity

I was looking at film anniversaries over 2022 and 2023 to get an idea of what could come next (assuming this supply chain crisis is over by next year, please God) and thinking about what they could do--that I'd like to see.

Aladdin: Aladdin & Jasmine (Purple Ending Outfits), Aladdin & Jasmine (King of Thieves Wedding Outfits), Jafar (Sultan), Jafar (Sorcerer, with the two-pointed turban), Genie Jafar (10 inch), The Cave of Wonders (6 inch), Jafar on Throne, The Sultan, Rajah
Peter Pan: Wendy, Nana, perhaps a new Mr. Smee (since I didn't buy that Treasure box)
Robin Hood: Maid Marian, Lady Kluck, perhaps a new Prince John (didn't buy it the first time)
Lilo & Stitch: Nani, the Grand Councilwoman, David Kawena, Cobra Bubbles, Jumba, Pleakley--I don't know, have they ever made a hula version of Stitch or Lilo? They could probably do hula versions of all of Nani, Kawena, Pleakley, Jumba, Myrtle, and L&S actually, for the bigger fans of that film, since they all appeared in that kind of outfit at one point or another.
Frozen: Hans, Hans (winter coat), Marshmallow (6 inch w/ Elsa's Tiara)
Treasure Planet: Jim, Jim (Ride w/ "Surf"board), Jim (Ending Captain Outfit), John Silver (w/ Morph as a Buddy Pop), Amelia
The Jungle Book: Bagheera, a new Shere Khan (I missed the original one for him) Pop Moment of Baloo floating with Mowgli on his stomach?
Winnie the Pooh: Rabbit!!!, Owl
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Magic Mirror, The Prince, The Huntsman
The Rescuers: Medusa
Hercules: The Muses 5-pack?, The Titans and Cyclops (individually as 10-inchers would be my pick), Zeus (with Thunderbolts), Hera, Hermes, The Fates 3-pack, The Hydra, Hades (Pop Ride in Winged Carriage)
Mulan: Shan-Yu (in racoon coat w/ Falcon as Buddy Pop), Mulan (green dress from beginning), the Matchmaker, Grandmother Fa, Fa Zhou, The Emperor.

I imagine Genie could have endless variants much like Pooh and Stitch. They still haven't released that Genie in his Goofy Walt Disney World outfit pop that was previewed years ago. And it's possible the Disney TV series releases could get some pops to coincide with them?
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Disney's Divinity

I got Cheshire Cat in the mail a couple of days back. It's so cute, even cuter in person, just like I expected. Smaller in person though, sort of like Figaro & Cleo turned out to be. I remember saying here in the past that I'd like them to make Cheshire Cat as he slowly disappears like this; the only thing that could be better if they had made a version of him standing on his own head or something. :lol:

EDIT: Looks like The Proud Family is getting pops! Go here to see them. I think it's only because they have a reboot series on Disney+, right? I wish Rapunzel's Tangled Adventures series would get pops, too, though. :(
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yes that Cheschire pop is very cute! Im very tempted to get him and the Figaro but Im having space issues, I might need to cut back on my pop collecting. :|
How is the paint on the last pops you've received? I just got Alice from an Ebay seller and while her paint isn't the worst Ive seen on a Funko Ive bought online, its not good...like there's this weird bleeding effect on the edges of where the yellow of her hair bleeds into the peach of her skin. And the blue of her dress bleeds onto the edge of her white apron. And the yellow of her hair has this weird washed out look with lots of areas looking faded. Like it needed a 2nd layer of paint. First time Ive seen that. Disappointing. :x
Disney's Divinity

I dunno. I generally have never had a problem with paint jobs. It may be that I just don't notice them as much as other people as long as it's generally fine. I believe the only pop I have where I was a little annoyed by the paint job was Jafar, because there's a spot on his turban that looks as if it was touched by white, but not full on white, sort of like chalk residue would look as if a white spot had been cleaned off or it collided with something white and a little of the other object's paint was left there. Aside from that, I've never really had a problem with paint jobs. I may have been lucky, too, I suppose.

Plus, I usually don't wait around on pops. Maybe it's just in my mind, but I believe the later versions of a pop aren't as well-done as when they're first released (with those pops that stay in stock forever or a very long time anyway)... At least, I've always had that impression because back when Frozen came out, I was determined to get all the Elsa and Anna variants, but I didn't get them all at once. I got one of the pops later than the rest, probably because they weren't all in-stock at the same time, and I noticed it didn't look as good as the rest of them when it came, for some reason. I'm pretty sure it was Anna's green coronation dress that I got later than the others, and her skin and freckles seemed lesser quality somehow (compared to Anna in her travel gear, specifically). The details of the face were less...Idk, defined, more muddled? And the skin color wasn't quite the same. I also remember reading that some of the first copies of Elsa (in her ice queen dress) looked different than the later copies (something about the back of the dress being more complex before than later). That's why I try to get them sooner rather than later (if possible), they probably get "simplified" in the way they're produced the longer they're out.

My Mim pop (the basic one, not the pig face or dragon variants) that I pre-ordered two months back finally came yesterday. I hope that's a sign Merlin will come back into stock soon (at 11.99 or lower) on Amazon. It's the last one from TSitS I need to get...
Disney's Divinity

The Tiana BoxLunch exclusive finally appeared!! :dance: :pink: I've been waiting so long, I had been scared I would miss it when it finally dropped.

EDIT: There's a translucent Ariel pop coming.I wish it had been a different Ariel pop they used for it instead of the one that requires a stand. :/ The Funko Fair is going on; maybe there might be some new Disney pops revealed there over the next few days, who knows.

EDIT x2: There ended up being some Disney reveals at the Funko Fair after all. The Lion King Pop Cover and a new Cheshire Cat variant of him standing on his head.

I knew they'd make that variant of Cheshire Cat eventually! Still, I wouldn't trade it for the part-translucent one, I think that one's cuter. I only have Scar of the Lion King pops--not because I dislike TLK or anything, but because I haven't generally liked how the others looked. (Except for the Hyenas, they looked perfect, but I didn't think they were characters I cared enough about to pay that much for.) This is the first one of Simba that's kind of tempted me since.
Disney's Divinity

I have a new bookcase (on top of getting the BoxLunch Tiana in the mail last week, and it looks cuter in person than the picture can tell), so I decided to take pictures again, forgive my ramble-dump here. I know my camera is poor quality—I paid around $15 for it, so…you get what you pay for, as they say, lol—but I had the idea to use a flashlight to make up for the lighting being so poor this time. The new book case here, inthese two images.

I’ll probably buy a black towel to go under the picture whenever I’m out, and put a few around the picture. Whenever I get the throne pops for Ursula and the Queen, they’ll probably go there (I’ll try to get Hades’ throne pop, too), or the new Simba on Pride Rock pop. I have Arthur pulling TSitS in front of the Merlin box set. :P Ariel and Tiana were the only Ultimate Princess pops I bought, but maybe someday I might find a couple of them in the Amazon Warehouse for $6, and I might get them then (like Aurora, Moana, the regular Tiana, Pocahontas, Jasmine). I’ll probably put the White Rabbit to the right of the QoH there, so it’s like he’s announcing her and the Cheshire Cat is off to the side laughing at all the pomp and circumstance.

The ones on the third shelf are just some random ones I threw there for the time being, no real order (Shang and Eugene are to the right of Pink Dress Cinderella--I had briefly thought about having a "prince" shelf like the villain and princess ones, maybe in the future). And the Sailor Moon DVDs I bought last year are stacked on the bottom on top of the VHSes I had of the S and Super S films from when I was a child, and The Story of Ariel and The Story of Tiana books I finally picked up last year.

Here’s the corner shelf I’d posted before, in these three images. I’ll probably put Stitch where Figaro is (opposite Lilo) once the right Stitch pop comes around. Hard to see, but I have baby Hercules behind and between Lilo and Sir Hiss (opposite baby Pegasus). This is just to keep some of them out of the way until a better arrangement of them comes around. Pigface Mim and Magica de Spell. I thought they went well together since they were in those comics together with the Hag.

Here are the five HP pops I have (I regret getting Dumbledore, since it didn’t look as great once I got it)—one for each of the trio and then Harry w/ Hedwig as in Hogsmeade or in winter. I only got those because they mostly remind me of the books as I picture them, less the movies. And also the B&tB pops I have, now with the Wardrobeand the Enchantress (on top of Jane Austen). I’d really like the Featherduster to go with the other servants. Giant Ursula, and below the Cruella Ride, The Rescuers Ride, the Digimon pops. The A, B, C are things from my grandparents house I got after they died, heh.

I’ve shown this before, but I like having Wedding Ariel and Eric there beside my grandparents--and a few of the KH2 stuff below. And the Sailor Moon line. I’m really disappointed they haven’t made any more since... I'd really like Nehelena, the Amazon Trio, and Galaxia if nothing else. To take up less space, I put Beryl and Dark Lady with the top shelf. No way I could fit Serenity, Endymion, and Small Lady + Super SM on the same shelf though. My Disney Blu-rays (haven't put Tangled and C&D up there yet). The Hocus Pocus ones were a gift. To me, Sarah and Mary look perfect, but the pops of Winnie never capture the character just right, which is why I hadn't bought any of them myself.

My red Minnie is in the center of this little shelf. I’ll probably put Rabbit and Owl where Robin Hood and Peter Pan are whenever they’re *finally* made (and Eeyore where Ariel is; he's on the top shelf opposite Dumbo since they're both big and gray, lol). Meeko & Flit opposite Mushu & Crikee. The villains are in front of my older Disney DVDs. The Blu-rays on the princess shelf are a mess, but that’s where I’ve been moving things around with the new shelf. You know, while I try only to buy Blu-ray at this point when there’s the option, DVD cases just look nicer, tbh.

Anyway, that isn't everything, it's just where I was excited over the new shelf and some things I'd rearranged. Some of those shelves I've moved around several times.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wow amazing collection! I love your Villains shelf and the lineups with more Pop villains and Princesses. Also I love that you have Herc and Mulan on their horses side by side, I was gonna buy those myself b/c I loved the idea of having a set of Disney horse and riders(was gonna add Elsa on Nokk too) but I decided against it due to space issues.

So I want the new Winter Belle Pop but whyyyy is the only version available on Amazon the glitter version??? I want the regular version so ugh now I'm gonna have to go online hunting for it just like for the last 5 pops I wanted (Raya Sisu Ultimate Poca and Moana and Alice.) Why is it getting harder to just buy new release Disney Pops these days?

yeah I saw the Tiana exclusive while browsing Box lunch the other day, she's really cute! I'm glad you got her!

so now they're making pop "covers"? are the pops the same size as regular pops? can they be removed from those clear boxes? feels like inside the huge clear boxes there's too much empty space. They actually look better to me still inside the outer cardboard box.

Plus, I usually don't wait around on pops. Maybe it's just in my mind, but I believe the later versions of a pop aren't as well-done as when they're first released (with those pops that stay in stock forever or a very long time anyway)
Yeah I collect animals figures/models and this is a common thing with those as well, later runs of a figure's paint detail wont be as elaborate as the first runs. I think it also depends on the factory as a company may use different factories to make their products and some factories do better work than others.
Disney's Divinity

unprincess wrote: So I want the new Winter Belle Pop but whyyyy is the only version available on Amazon the glitter version??? I want the regular version so ugh now I'm gonna have to go online hunting for it just like for the last 5 pops I wanted (Raya Sisu Ultimate Poca and Moana and Alice.) Why is it getting harder to just buy new release Disney Pops these days?
The supply chain crisis really has made things harder for everybody. :( In a way, I'm grateful, just to spare my wallet--all these $25 throne pops and Flynn / Tiana / Wardrobe / Arthur exclusives at one time on top of the regular-priced pops would break me otherwise. :lol: And especially with prices having gone up ($11.99 standard now when it was $9.99 :roll: ) at that. The Olaf pops are actually $12.99... Jeez. (I had just been thinking of getting Ariel!Olaf.) Still waiting on Merlin and the White Rabbit to show up at a normal price. I passed on Sisu back when just because I assume they'll make a 6 inch of her eventually that looks nicer, hopefully. I was thinking of getting Mirabel for my princess collection and all, but I hate the way it looks so I'm gonna pass on it; they'll make another, better version of her eventually, especially with the film and soundtrack doing well on streaming right now. Debating on whether to get Alma though... I should've got Tala back when and didn't.
so now they're making pop "covers"? are the pops the same size as regular pops? can they be removed from those clear boxes? feels like inside the huge clear boxes there's too much empty space. They actually look better to me still inside the outer cardboard box.
I'm not really sure since I haven't bought them before. I planned to leave the "cover" in the box and put it away, and only display the pop itself. I'm pretty sure they can separate, but I might need to check that to be sure.

EDIT: Since I already posted all those pictures, I decided to just go ahead and get everything. Think of it as pictures of all the Disney stuff (and Sailor Moon stuff) I have instead of only the Funko:

- Anime (Sailor Moon boxes on the end) + Kingdom Hearts pops and Mermaid pops (I keep the original Maleficent pop with the KH ones since I have three variants of normal Maleficent anyway and she's one of the only Disney characters with a main role in KH for all these years). More TLM in front of the TV.
- One of the Disney Villain posters I have from Disney World. Ursula's lithograph of the four that came with the TLM VHS re-release.
- Dragon Maleficent. TLM re-release poster lithograph. Top of the corner shelf I posted from before (I'll probably put Merlin where the Blue Fairy is and move her down to beside Genie.) That's Cat!Yzma inbetween Chernabog and Genie Jafar. :lol: Sorcerer Mickey.
- Those other Sailor Moon popsI mentioned before (the keychains are from the Disney Treasure boxes, I believe--the lamp from Aladdin and Lady and Tramp (they have magnets so they're always kissing which is why you can only see Tramp's back, lol). The Hallmark Disney villain Christmas ornaments and Funko Ariel keychain. Sega TLM cover, TLM VHS cover, and a porcelain clown doll that was my grandmother's. I keep some plushes back behind there; I don't buy plushes, those are ones I have from when I was a child, I just kept them.
- Cobra Jafar and TLM Re-release poster. Diamond Ursula (I keep it a container so I never have to dust it; will never buy a Diamond pop again. :lol: The rest of the Frozen pops (the last of the Kingdom Hearts pops are below).
- Nothing here, just wanted to show off the fish ornament, also belonged to my grandmother. :P The HP films and original release books are there on the right.
blackcauldron85

I was smiling looking through your collection!!!! I like that you display the Pops along with movies and posters and ornaments, etc. I'm jealous of your Rescuers ride Pop- I don't know if I knew that existed! And is that a melting Olaf Pop (the clear one to the right of Olaf)?
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, the Rescuers ride was one of the Disney Treasures--I think the final one. I missed most of the Treasures because they were Funko.com exclusives and I could never get the Funko page to function properly on my home Internet back then. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. One of them was Dragon Maleficent--I hated I missed it, but they later released a better version at HotTopic that was much nicer (the one where she breathes fire). Mr. Smee was in the first box. But I found some way to make a profile and buy the Treasure box that had Wedding Ariel and Eric--no way was I missing them!! I suppose they decided to end the Treasures because of low sales (unsurprisingly--I didn't really want to support them because they were so high and mostly just what-nots along with one pop inside), because the next one after Wedding Ariel & Eric was the last, and it was the Rescuers ride. Rescuers isn't even one of my top 20 favorites or anything, but it was so adorable and it included three characters at once, and since it was the last... I went ahead and got it. I don't regret it either. Orville was my favorite character along with Bernard and Evinroot. The only other character I'd want from the film is Medusa to go with the rest of the villains.

That's Frozen Anna (from when she dies to save Elsa at the end of the first movie). That's why I suggest some weird variants sometimes because I remember that one. They could make a frozen Elsa from the end of Frozen II, or a stone Raya, or a transcluent green Mirabel from Bruno's vision, or statue Eric from Ariel's grotto, a ghostly soul version of Megara, etc. :D
blackcauldron85

I do remember the Mr. Smee Treasure Pop. Frozen Anna makes more sense! I like all of your ideas for unique Pops...Stone Raya + statue Eric being my 2 faves!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Disney's Divinity wrote: And especially with prices having gone up ($11.99 standard now when it was $9.99 :roll: ) at that. The Olaf pops are actually $12.99... Jeez................. I was thinking of getting Mirabel for my princess collection and all, but I hate the way it looks so I'm gonna pass on it; they'll make another, better version of her eventually, especially with the film and soundtrack doing well on streaming right now.
oh so they have raised the prices....that would explain why I cant find Alice under 10 bucks. I would really like another one with better paint job to replace the one I got on eBay with the really washed out bleeding colors. At least the condition of the box was decent. Of course Id have no guarantee that the next one I buy whether from Amazon or any other online store will be better painted. Sigh.

yeah I need a Mirabel Pop too but I dont like the current one either. The pose and expression on her face just dont look good. And yep I'm pretty sure Funko's gonna make more Encanto stuff. Im expecting the rest of the cousins will be made and at least one new version of Bruno(with glowing eyes) and Mirabel(with her purse and the green vision tablet.) And a variant of Isabelle with the punk makeover version of her hair/dress. And maybe Pepa. Im also hoping for mystery minis.

Ive never seen this Moana Pop sculpt before with her in a dancing pose. All the other ones in this UP Pop plus pin series (so far)are reused sculpts.
https://disneypinsblog.com/moana-pop-fu ... usive-pin/