Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Concept art for Zootopia appeared online. Of course, a couple of sites are told not to post them, which is why I'm not giving a link. I'm just letting you know you could go to Google Images and type "Zootopia funko pop" and a picture or two should pop up.

I'm not buying anything until I've seen the movie, but Nick looks incredibly cute. They also did Judy, the mob rat, and the sloth DMV.

I actually decided to buy some pops I was on the fence about after looking at Widdi's picture. I got Facilier (just because he's a villain), Sir Hiss, Olaf, Sven, and Mulan. I'll probably get young Anna/Elsa and of course Mushu/Cri-Kee in a couple months. I wanted to get Prince John, Shere Khan, and Kaa because they were villains, but they've went up right now. I'll buy them if I can catch them at $9 again. (I had the same experience with Lumiere a couple months ago; I decided I did want him when I heard he was being shelved since I had all the other B&tB, but he was overpriced. Then he suddenly appeared at regular price on B&N again for a while there and I snatched him up.) I want to get Rapunzel and Aurora for the same reason--because they're princesses--but Rapunzel just looks really bad...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Oh, Barnes & Noble is currently selling some of their Pops for half priced, and I noticed Wasabi and Thumper for Disney characters, if anybody is interested.
Disney's Divinity

Here are finished pictures of the Zootopia pops. There are 5 pops (two are off to the side, but you can click on the edges of them to make the picture pop up at the center of the screen). Is Ele-Finnick supposed to be Nick’s kid? Judy didn’t turn out too great...

I bought Minnie from GameStop because I’d read there is a paint re-color of her where the dress/bow is red rather than pink and someone got the red shopping at GameStop. I took the chance to hopefully get the red, but won’t be too mad if I get the pink since I don’t have Minnie outside of mini form. I also picked up Kaa.

Btw, GameStop has a buy one, get one half off sale. Of course, the prices are higher there and there isn’t free shipping, so… Only reason I bought from them is because I can’t find Kaa anywhere else at a reasonable price and the Minnie thing. It’s only too bad they didn’t have Shere Khan, Prince John, Mushu, or Aurora, too. I had the chance to get Aurora on Amazon the other day, but passed because I was waiting on a couple of the others and for the Hunchback OBC to come down in price a litte. I’m sure Amazon will get more stock for her eventually.

Mulan, Sir Hiss, and Sven look fantastic. Facilier’s just okay, but I expected that.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I found this from the Funko blog.

There's a few concepts here, some that really interest me like Mojo Jojo and Him (but I have heard that a PPG set is coming later this year- it looks like it'll be for the original series, and not the new one, which is good), but notice Dale in his Rescue Rangers outfit?

And Zipper, too! If we get an RR set, I think it would be wise to pair him up with Monterey Jack.

Edit: Also, JD AND TURK!!!!
Disney's Divinity

I think I’ve seen that picture on the wall before… Plus another one that had characters like Scrooge McDuck, Merlin, Mim, Archimedes, Invader Zim, Rugrats, etc.

Kaa came and I got the red Minnie, too! Minnie’s not my favorite character, but I have the other core characters’ pops (besides Sorcerer Mickey, which I regret) and I always think of her as wearing red instead of pink, tbh. Kaa is adorable in person. I want to slap myself for thinking about passing on him at first.

Speaking of Minnie, I'd love to have a version of her like she appears in Kingdom Hearts (as queen). Hopefully they'll make other core characters like Pluto, Figaro, Scrooge, Ludwig, etc. eventually.
Disney's Divinity

The Descendants pops....

I got my Aurora a few days ago. It's not perfect (a little of the paint job is off at the very bottom of the bangs), but I'm happy to have it at all and she's still cute. I now have all the Princesses of Heart except Kairi... :twisted: :lol: I was going to wait for a blue dress... But it's hard to put stock into much with Disney after so many characters have been ignored and we're getting so much crap for their pops this year.

I've got Mushu/Cri Kee, but it hasn't been shipped yet... Doesn't look like I'll be getting Prince John and Shere Khan after all. Oh, well. If only I didn't already have Sir Hiss/Robin Hood, I could probably buy the three-pack at a reasonable price. :P (Same thing with Marshmallow.)
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Avaitor wrote:I found this from the Funko blog.

There's a few concepts here, some that really interest me like Mojo Jojo and Him (but I have heard that a PPG set is coming later this year- it looks like it'll be for the original series, and not the new one, which is good), but notice Dale in his Rescue Rangers outfit?

And Zipper, too! If we get an RR set, I think it would be wise to pair him up with Monterey Jack.

Edit: Also, JD AND TURK!!!!
Oh, my word! SCRUBS! I'm SUCH a massive Scrubs fan. If they made the cast, I'd HAVE to buy Dr. Kelso, The Janitor and Dr. Cox at the VERY least. (But I'd probably end up buying them ALL.) LOVE that show to pieces.

AND HIM!!! Oh, goodness, I've been hoping they'd do the Powerpuff Girls JUST so they'd do Him. I've wanted a toy of Him since I was a kid! Hope that happens.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, I would really like Dr. Cox and Jordan, but we'd probably only get the former. Him, Elliot, and maybe either Kelso and/or the Janitor, besides Turk and JD, are who we'd be likely to get.

I do hope that the PPG set is revealed soon, as well. And I really hope that this isn't the last classic Cartoon Network series to get some Pops. Samurai Jack would be a smart idea, since it's also getting a revival, but I mainly just want my Ed boys.
Disney's Divinity

Go here for pictures of everything in the Funko catalog. So far: Pocahontas and Meeko from Pocahontas, Dug from Up, Elliott from Pete’s Dragon, Hank from Finding Dory, and quite a few characters each from The Dark Crystal and Through the Looking Glass.

The Golden Girls concept designs look okay except for Rose, but the actual figures usually look different. I’m definitely getting the Pocahontas, Sailor Moon and Soul Eater pops. Too bad I’m not a big DBZ fan, because those look great.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Well there goes all my money for the year. :lol:

Looking forward to Pete's Dragon the most, but there's lots of good ones in there. I really like the Sailor Moon POPs.

I think the Playmobil line is a great idea.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Rick and Morty! Steven Universe Mystery Minis! Elliot!

It's looking like another good year.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Finally Pocahontas! She looks really good. Also yay to The Golden Girls.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Very little in the way of Disney this year. Pocahontas! ...Which we were promised LAST year. Very disappointed. The only things I really saw that piqued my interest were Doctor Octopus FINALLY getting a POP and Zoom from the Flash TV Series. Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet is pretty cool, too, I suppose. But I don't think I'll be getting it. I'm just really upset that there aren't going to be anymore Batman TV Series POPS. (They never even made The Riddler, The Penguin or Batgirl!) And as always, I remain upset that Hunchback and Hercules and Gaston still are nowhere to be seen. Oh, well. Maybe 2017... Sigh.

Saw the Disney Villain Mystery Minis. But I'm disappointed. The poses are so...bland. I should be over the moon because HADES! And FACILIER! And the QUEEN OF HEARTS! But they are just so BORING and static-looking in comparison to the Disney Heroes Vs. Villains Minis or the DC Minis. Or the Batman Arkham Minis. And I can't be the only person rolling my eyes over Ursula, Jafar and Maleficent getting in there over characters who haven't ever been done. Especially Maleficent. This makes, what, the fourth or fifth Mystery Mini made of her? Even though the designs underwhelm me, I still find myself hoping that Hot Topic will get some exclusives. Like Frollo. Or Prince John & Sir Hiss.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Hey, guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I really want to get Prince John and Kaa but they're all ready starting to become expensive and I can't find them around here. Do any of you have them in a store near you? I really don't want to resort to paying flipper prices! But I also don't want to miss out on those two...
Disney's Divinity

Sorry about that ProfRatigan. I just barely managed to get Kaa, and never did get Prince John or Shere Khan. I'm sorry. :(

Non-Disney related (well, not directly anyway), but the glam shots for The Golden Girls have been released. I wish that Sophia looked more like she does in later seasons, but I'm definitely getting them. There's an exclusive Sailor Moon pop with Usagi holding her moon, um, talisman thing? I'd like to get it, but it doesn't look different enough for me to justify add $10 more when I'm already spending around $60+, unfortunately. I would get them all through Hot Topic online while there's 20% (because that would cancel out the exclusive pretty much), but stupid people are buying the pops like they're going to disappear tomorrow--when they haven't even been completely released yet forGod'ssakes--and so the regular SM pops are out-of-stock right now on the HT website. :roll: And they're priced around $14 on Amazon. What moron would pay that much when they could wait and get them for $8-9 in a month or two? :headshake: Dumb people ruin things for everyone.

I guess in a way it's good Disney didn't keep going with their Legacy Collection, because I can spend that money on pops this year. :lol:
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Current Disney set-up:

There are a few more figures not on that shelf that I have to figure out what to do with. They are currently with my partner's Magic the Gathering display because that's the only place there was room.

I'm thinking I might just grab some more Disney and do an entire second Disney shelf. Too bad so many of the Disney ones I want are the ones that have shot up in price
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

I don't know if any of you subscribe to any of Funko's subscription boxes (Marvel Collector Corps, DC Legion of Collectors, Star Wars Smuggler's bounty), but at 10:40 in this video Brian Marriotti (Funko's former owner and current CEO) confirms a Disney box will be launched later this year. Considering DC and Star Wars run in the same months I am assuming Disney's will release alongside Marvel's. I'm thinking an October launch with a 25th Anniversary Beauty and the Beast box, or Moana (though I feel like Moana isn't the best launch point) is a good bet. The live action Beauty and the Beast movie coming next year could also be a strong launch point, but I really think the animated movie would be better promotion wise.

I hope we get a new Belle and Beast pop if it happens as I predict. The old ones are kinda basic compared to today's sculpt standards. Not to mention how bloody expensive Belle has gotten.

Regardless I will be subscribing to this for sure.
Disney's Divinity

I know I probably sound stupid, but I don't know what that means. :? I definitely think it would be a good time to release more B&tB pops this fall, before the live-action pops come next spring. Beast (with his purple cape), Beast (human in ballroom clothes), and Gaston are definites. Belle...? I guess her pink winter clothes?
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Marvel Collector Corps
DC Legion of Collectors
Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty

These are the subscription boxes Funko currently has. They come out bi-monthly and contain at least one Exclusive Pop figure.

Funko is launching a Disney themed box later this year.
Disney's Divinity

I got Pocahontas at the same time as the Sailor Moon pops, and while I knew the SM ones came with stands you could use, I was surprised Pocahontas also came with a stand. I’m a little annoyed, too. Pocahontas’ feet are sturdy enough that she could stand without them. Unfortunately, because they’ve introduced stands, they had to put a hole in one foot which (besides looking ugly) makes her lean slightly over when she wouldn’t have if it hadn’t been there. I’m really hoping they do NOT do this with future Disney pops. They’ve all stood fine for me so far. Anyway, I really wish Pocahontas had come with Flit. :P

For everyone else, apparently they’re creating an exclusive for Pete’s Dragon, with Pete and an Invisible Elliot as a double pack. Another exclusive is an Elvis Stitch. There was also some video inside the Funko workplace (I think?) where people could see Lady and the Tramp in the background. I really hope those two do end up coming soon. Some more TNBC pops were seen, too…. Thank God I’m not a TNBC fan, because they’ll end up having dozens by the time they’re done with it. :lol:

Off-topic, but among the list for new Harry Potter pops, they have McGonagall and Dolores Umbridge! I’ll definitely have to pick those two up, even though I generally don’t buy the HP stuff. Their movie counterparts weren’t too far from the books, imo, and they’ll stand out more than a lot of the live-action characters do (well, if they use McGonagall’s green outfit from the first film). That'll bring my total up to 4 for HP.

Btw, I haven’t got any of the Once Upon a Time stuff (because most of them don’t look too good), but I might make an exception for a few characters like Zelena, Hades, and Ingrid. I might get Pan and Henry together, too, if they ever made them (I probably wouldn’t get one without the other though).