Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Haunted Mansion Pops:
Live Action ‘Haunted Mansion’ Funko Pop! Figures, Plush Now Available for Pre-Order
https://wdwnt.com/?p=975091

I'm still disappointed we never got Strange World Pops, so I'm just a tiny bit bitter that HM gets some.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's right, we never did get anything from SW... I hope they eventually make Searcher at least.

I'm surprised we haven't got another variant of Mirabel yet, but I guess I do suspect an UP version of her will come later along with Asha, Mulan, and Raya to finish out the group. I hope we eventually get pops of Sisu (human), Virana, and Benja eventually, although it may be a long time before that happens.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Yes, bring on more Raya Pops! I think the only one I'm missing is crouching Raya, unless there were more exclusives that I didn't know about.
Disney's Divinity

I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but they finally made a Deluxe Pop for the "Beauty and the Beast" dancing moment from B&tB. They'd already done "Kiss the Girl" and "A Whole New World," I knew they wanted to do it, but didn't know how to make it work with the way the designs are. I think it turned out pretty nice. Only a shame there wouldn't have been room for Mrs. Potts and Chip on the tea tray, too. :P

I saw something else about a deluxe 4-pack re-release of 4 Moana pops (Moana in her chieftess outfit, Tala, Te Ka, and Te Fiti). I sort of regretted not getting Tala and Te Ka, and kind of wanted the Moana variant a little bit, too, so might pick it up some time.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

So I don’t hardcore collect Pops, but I do have a number of them, mostly bought 4-5 years ago. Anyway, I’ve been moving and I guess I left my Mary Poppins Pop in the floor because the dog nabbed it! She also chewed up my Ariel one years ago. Do you think she’s picking my favorites to destroy out of spite??? Lololol

I’ll have to buy some replacements!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

https://wdwnt.com/2023/10/new-disney100 ... s-morales/

I was trying to put my finger on why this felt icky to me and I realized it’s because it’s Walt as the engineer. Really, it should be Bob Iger.
blackcauldron85

I don't get it. Walt legit had a train in his backyard that he would drive. I think it's cute that Walt gets Pops.

Your poor Pops being dog toys! :shock:
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

It’s more about what it represents, yknow? Disney may own Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, but it’s not really Walt’s legacy. Like it wouldn’t surprise me if in 20-30 years Disney will have sold off some of these companies. It really should be Bob Iger because acquisitions have been his M.O. as CEO. He bought all those companies for Disney, and that’s what he’ll be remembered for. I think it’s weird to tie Walt to all these studios he had nothing to do with.

Good news about Mary! I got her back from the dog after awhile and she barely touched her. There might be one mark on the back of her head. I guess you could say she’s practically perfect in every way! Lol
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Whew Brelly! I guess Mary's magic gave her some protection! Haha about the "practically perfect" connection! Poor Ariel, though. I would get replacements since you never know when Pops will stop being made since they dumped a bunch in a landfill a bit ago, and maybe keep them in a high, protected area, lol.
blackcauldron85

UmbrellaFish wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:39 pm It’s more about what it represents, yknow? Disney may own Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, but it’s not really Walt’s legacy. ...

I guess you could say she’s practically perfect in every way! Lol
Ohhhhh, it's not the train that you're opposed to, it's the characters. Yes, that totally makes sense!! And that is the power of Mary - I'm glad she's not damaged.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Are these figures meant to be Disney’s in-house version of Funko Pops? https://wdwnt.com/2023/10/new-joey-chou ... gures-wdw/

A few more figures are available on ShopDisney: https://www.shopdisney.com/collections/ ... Redirect=0

What do you all think?
blackcauldron85

I think those are super cute and good thing I have no $ to buy things!!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Yeah I wasn’t really into the earlier releases but Mickey and Stitch have my attention haha

But the last thing I need is another completionist buying obsession.

Also I think they are more expensive than most Pops, right?
blackcauldron85

Yeah, those showed $24.99 I think, but they also come in vehicles, right?
Disney's Divinity

A lot of pops coming or out recently. I finally picked up KH1 Sora a while back (the poster one--I can always break down the box if I want it by itself, I guess. :lol: ). The Beauty and the Beast deluxe is SO pretty. Then there's the Pop Town of Aurora, already pre-ordered it. I knew they'd make pop towns for the princesses eventually--and the bonus is we finally got blue dress Aurora~! The last time they released her in the blue dress, they used the merchandise line's "makeover" hair that was hideous.

There's a Bruno variant coming out at BoxLunch that's better than the first pop--I knew there would be better variants of him and Mirabel to come eventually. And then the Ultimate Princess versions of Anna and Mulan are finally coming (and Merida). I assume next year they'll put out UP versions of Raya, Mirabel, and Asha. Speaking of Wish, the Asha, Magnifico, and Amaya pops all look very nice. And a holiday Tiana pop, too. The Cruella with curlers and bed coat finally came out as well, that one was revealed almost a year ago...
blackcauldron85

I want that Pop Town Aurora!!!!! I still want the Tiana/Naveen set too. The Wish ones look great. I believe I'm being given the Disney 100 train Pops for Christmas if I am not mistaken.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no! Pop Town Aurora's collar is incorrect! :(
Disney's Divinity

Oh, really? Well, I'd still get it for the castle and it looks better than the last one for sure, so I'm still happy.

Yeah, the Tiana & Naveen moment is really cute! As far as the pop towns, I think they'll all be good (already imagining Mirabel with the house), but Ariel w/ Triton's palace and Agrabah are the two I'm most looking forward to. Maybe someday they might do Ursula with her lair and Eric with his castle, too. I think the former will happen anyway--Maleficent with her fortress will likely materialize in the future for sure.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I can't make a picture with how my MS Paint is for the time being, but if you go to Animation Screencaps, I'm sure you could see Aurora's collar is wrong. It's like they folded the parts on her shoulders down, when they should stand up. Anyway, I am glad you are still happy. Get the ones you want!
blackcauldron85

I hadn't noticed Aurora's collar before since it was tiny on my phone but on the computer I see it! She's still cute though!