Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:16 am And what about the new song?
Oops completely forgot that one!! The melody is quite catchy but I still would rank it as the last because I couldnt bear the lyrics listing the princesses names every 5 seconds :huh:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Live Your Story and Starting Now are the best Disney Princess themes to me. Live Your Story because, albeit chessy, it has a nice message and I mostly listen to the Tina Parol version. How she sang the bridge always gives me goosebumps and chills and for some reason, I always remember Milesโ€™ leap of faith in Into the Spider-Verse during that part of the song. Starting Now because I like the R&B vibe to the song and itโ€™s subtle references to the Disey Princess movies in itโ€™s lyrics. Also, itโ€™s the first Disney Princess theme to be translated into Filipino, which makes me very happy. :D The rest, I havenโ€™t listened and Iโ€™m already dreading the new one :huh:
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The song "Like a Princess" has been released in French, Spanish, Italian, and German. A music video for the song in English has been released as well.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

carolinakid wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:19 am More girl boss nonsense...
No thanks.
I prefer beauty, romance, magic, kindness and spunk in my princesses. Add a fabulous villain and a handsome, heroic prince and Iโ€™m happy.
Totally agree with you. It seems that Disney is affraid about making love stories with magic and princesses with cute dress.
If you go to the parks you can see hoy many people love Snow White and other classic princesses and I'm not just talking about grown up people.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Back when Asha was speculated to possibly be LGBT, I hoped it might be true not simply because it would've been interesting to finally have a (confirmed) LGBT lead but because maybe we finally could have got another romance / love song in a Disney film again. Things like "A Whole New World" and "Kiss the Girl," but even the older Walt films had a few good ones. The best modern Disney has is "Love Is an Open Door" which also operates as a villain song; if only we could've got the big love ballad Menken has spoken about having written for Tangled.

I thought for sure Frozen 2 would've had some kind of love theme between Kristoff and Anna, that was a miss--but I almost think romance isn't "allowed" in princess films by higher ups lately. Which is silly, they've had enough princess films where the princess is single and not focused on love for it not to a big deal anymore if a princess has a romance again. And if that's not enough, then I guess here's hoping they make another male-lead musical like Aladdin or Hercules finally, maybe then they could allow a romance.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:19 am Live Your Story and Starting Now are the best Disney Princess themes to me. Live Your Story because, albeit chessy, it has a nice message and I mostly listen to the Tina Parol version. How she sang the bridge always gives me goosebumps and chills and for some reason, I always remember Milesโ€™ leap of faith in Into the Spider-Verse during that part of the song. Starting Now because I like the R&B vibe to the song and itโ€™s subtle references to the Disey Princess movies in itโ€™s lyrics. Also, itโ€™s the first Disney Princess theme to be translated into Filipino, which makes me very happy. :D The rest, I havenโ€™t listened and Iโ€™m already dreading the new one :huh:
Just got back from listening from โ€œIf You Can Dreamโ€ back when the franchise was still new for the 5th (or maybe 6th?) time, and yeahโ€ฆItโ€™s up there with those two I mentioned as the best Disney Princess themes ever. :D Love how each Disney Princess at that point in time had their verse and them harmonizing giveโ€™s me chills. I especially love it when Pocahontas sang her part โ€œThe colours of the wind will leadโ€ฆโ€. It really oozes early 2000s vibes and it sounds like an OPM* Song at that time period.

Regarding โ€œLike A Princessโ€, still havenโ€™t listened to it and not planning to because just looking at the lyrics makes me cringe ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

*OPM means Official Pilipino Music
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Interesting articles I've come across.

The Golden Era Disney Princesses Were Right About Femininity
https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/the-g ... femininity

Disney princesses can be good for a childโ€™s self-image, researchers suggest
https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/ ... rs-suggest

Interesting videos I've come across.

Unveiling the Feminist Narrative and the Importance of Fairy Tales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5GmK7U1Qg
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ„, Sotiris!

Great article! The same qualities attributed to Snow White and Cinderella, I believe could also apply to Aurora.

I really canโ€™t relate to every female now having to be the โ€œgirl bossโ€ type.

I want romance, kindness and magic!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

*Blink* Anime Versions of Tiana, Belle and Other Princesses Come to Cakeworthy
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/disney- ... ollection/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I think there are good things about Snow White and Cinderella (the characters)--referring to the Disney versions specifically--although I'm not sure I'd quite say they were right about the portrayal of female characters. But these days, I would say one individual film doesn't really equate to a stance on female characters in general anymore, they were more damaging when SW, SB, and Cinder were the only major female stories the studio had. There have been a lot of female characters since then and they don't feel uniformly one way or another anymore, but a variety which is a good thing.

I wish the studio would feel brave enough to portray romances again, particularly in their musical films since the love themes are always memorable. I'd say the song that almost was a love theme in Wish ("At All Costs") was that film's best song, too. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: The new Princesses being excluded from the lineup

Post by Mooky »

The franchise has a new logo:

Pics of new merchandise included too:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3qxIgzI0TE ... VneWFieGVt
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The new Princesses being excluded from the lineup

Post by Thumper_93 »

I don't like the new logo. It doesn't look magical as the old ones.
If you see one of the covers from the books that appear in the instagram post you can see an artwork of Mulan with an arrow. They took an old Mulan clip art and re-draw on it to change her costume. She looks really odd, it could be an artwork that you could find in fake merchandise in a 1$ store.I don't know how Disney do these kind of things. Is it so expensive to create a new artwork each year?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

The 2014 logo with the pink, curling scroll will probably forever be the best one. Sigh.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Wow. What a utterly bland and generic logo. I can`t believe that they`re having such a vague logo.
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:07 pm The 2014 logo with the pink, curling scroll will probably forever be the best one. Sigh.
Agreed. It`s my favorite, too :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:21 am
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:07 pm The 2014 logo with the pink, curling scroll will probably forever be the best one. Sigh.
Agreed. It`s my favorite, too :)
Yay!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:11 pm
DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:21 am Agreed. It`s my favorite, too :)
Yay!
You have a great taste :) I like the logo because it was nice and classy.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:37 pm
Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:11 pm
Yay!
You have a great taste :) I like the logo because it was nice and classy.
Thank you! I also like the logo because it was cool and beautiful. I liked the ideas behind it.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Cinderella's hair doesn't seem to be consistent in the photos on that Instagram. One pic had the modern redesign, and the last pic had more movie-accurate hair.