Incredibles 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Incredibles 2

Post by Sotiris »

Brad Bird has revealed that his next movie is going to be The Incredibles 2.
With regards to The Incredibles 2, Steve asked the filmmaker for a status update on the script. Does he have pages yet?

“Oh yeah I have pages, a bunch of pages. I had a lot of ideas for the original Incredibles that I didn’t get a chance to use, that I like. I have ideas that I wanted to pursue a little bit and there wasn’t enough time in Incredibles. There are new ideas I have, and I think there are enough of those together to make an interesting movie. I’m just focusing on getting Tomorrowland out into the world and playing with the Incredibles sandbox again.”

So, can Bird confidently say The Incredibles 2 is his next project?

“Yeah it feels like it to me, yeah.”
Source: http://collider.com/incredibles-2-is-br ... ars-movie/

He also confirmed that he'll be directing it too.
Brad Bird wrote:Note that I have nothing against sequels. I made ​​one and I will write and direct The Incredibles 2.
Source: http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cine ... us-4184260
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
maxxie03

Post by maxxie03 »

Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Hmmm....not sure if I trust this. First, this can't be in 2017 b/c Toy Story 108 & Coco are coming out in 2017. Second, Disney hasn't released the plot yet. After all, I think these are the people who said that Tadashi will be the villain of the next Big Hero 6. I do hope that Jack Jack is a villain. That would be a great twist, especially that he's a kid.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Here's a list of click-bait websites that are entirely unreliable and report rumors and theories as fact. There are many more out there but these are the most prominent ones. If you see an entry for an upcoming movie on these websites or a different site citing any of these as a source, be certain that what they are reporting is completely false.

moviepilot.com
movienewsguide.com
vcpost.com
franchiseherald.com
masterherald.com
mnrdaily.com
latinpost.com
latinospost.com
christiantoday.com
christianitydaily.com
crossmap.com
gospelherald.com
realtytoday.com
thebitbag.com
kpopstarz.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Hmmm....not sure if I trust this. First, this can't be in 2017 b/c Toy Story 108 & Coco are coming out in 2017. Second, Disney hasn't released the plot yet. After all, I think these are the people who said that Tadashi will be the villain of the next Big Hero 6. I do hope that Jack Jack is a villain. That would be a great twist, especially that he's a kid.

Toy Story 108 huh? Guess I have some catching up to do.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Brad Bird has even warned on Twitter of false rumours that will constantly be out there prior to the film's release. Unless the information comes directly from and is confirmed by Bird himself, Disney or Pixar, it's probably not true.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I never thought about it, but that made me realize how not interested I am in a Jack-Jack storyline. Dash was a brat and Violet's voice/design always bugged, so I can't imagine he would be much better.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/featur ... w#/slide/1
CS: I did want to ask about “The Incredibles 2.” Is it something that you would have made right after “The Incredibles” or does it come out of something you’ve discovered in the intervening years?

Bird: I had a bunch of ideas that I wanted to put in “The Incredibles,” but they just didn’t fit. Certain ideas fit, but other things make you go, ‘This is great, but I’d have to give up two other things that matter more to me to get this other thing in.’ So there were a pile of ideas left over from “The Incredibles,” but it’s not a big thing. There were little scenes and things that I was interested in. I wanted to come up with sort of an over-arching idea that connected to the first film that went somewhere different. That’s the one that took a little more time. I don’t think I could have made this movie right away. Nor would I want to. I always want to break things up with something else. I know some directors who have done a movie and then, the very next thing they do is the sequel to that movie. Unless it’s “Lord of the Rings” and it was always conceived of us doing it that way, I will always want to break it up with something else and then come back to it. That said, I’m really looking forward to playing with this playset again.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

PRAISE

'The Incredibles 2' Moves Up to Summer 2018; 'Toy Story 4' Pushed to 2019

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/i ... 019-941475
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Great, now keep pushing Toy-nobody-asked-for-it-Story 4 forever
KennethE
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KennethE »

This is great news. If there was one Pixar movie that was begging for a sequel, it was the Incredibles. Too bad it had to take 14 years.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Samuel L. Jackson Is Back in the Recording Studio for The Incredibles 2
http://people.com/movies/samuel-l-jacks ... edibles-2/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Michael Giacchino Returns for ‘Incredibles 2’
http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-giacch ... man-score/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Michael Giacchino Returns for ‘Incredibles 2’
It's not really a surprise, but I'm glad he's returning.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

D82 wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:Michael Giacchino Returns for ‘Incredibles 2’
It's not really a surprise, but I'm glad he's returning.
Looks like Incredibles 2 is going the Finding Dory route: Not ageing the characters after over a decade since the original :facepalm:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

DisneyEra wrote:Looks like Incredibles 2 is going the Finding Dory route: Not ageing the characters after over a decade since the original :facepalm:
I'm actually glad the characters will be around the same age as in the original. It looks like now all the family will work as a team of superheroes. By the way, the Underminer is also in the picture. I hope he doesn't have a big role in the sequel.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

How do you even have an opinion on the underminer? He had what, three lines?

They cant just keep bringing back syndrome over and over. Even if they do (they probably will) there's no reason underminer cant still have a major role.

Also, who's to say we wont jut get a time jump 10 mins into the movie like the first one so we can see the kids age a bit? I could see them starting off with killing/capturing the underminer as a bridge to the the rest of the movie. They wouldn't want to spoil that in the first teaser art for the movie.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

D82 wrote: I'm actually glad the characters will be around the same age as in the original. It looks like now all the family will work as a team of superheroes. By the way, the Underminer is also in the picture. I hope he doesn't have a big role in the sequel.
Wow, I didn't notice that before. I hope he's not in the sequel either. They can come up with a better villain--or villains--than that.

I don't think Syndrome can come back? He's dead.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Its a super hero movie, anyone can be brought back after being presumed dead. Happens all the time. We weren't actually shown him being killed afterall. It was just heavily implied.