Incredibles 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Incredibles 2

Post by Sotiris »

It’s Official! An Incredibles Sequel Is in the Works
http://time.com/29389/incredibles-2-disney-brad-bird/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Wow. I thought id be happier. Nice
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/brad-bir ... equel.html
According to this article, Bob Iger said in the board meeting that Brad Bird was on board. I don't think it's a very reliable source, but it makes me a tiny bit more hopeful about it.

EDIT: Woops! I just saw a similar article posted in the main Cars 3/Incredibles 2 announcement.
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

Post by Hogi Bear »

Can't wait for this, the release date can't come quick enough (but not a rushed product way, just anticipation).
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

I predict a major time lapse since the last film, ie Violet in college and Dash in high school. I wonder how their characters will progress. And of course there's the baby.

I hope they still focus on interesting NEW family dynamics and don't just rehash plot points and make a soulless action movie for a quick buck :( I'd probably burn all of my Pixar materials and never look back if that happened.
LADY Image CLUCK
Disney_freak
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney_freak »

Lady Cluck wrote:I predict a major time lapse since the last film, ie Violet in college and Dash in high school. I wonder how their characters will progress. And of course there's the baby.

I hope they still focus on interesting NEW family dynamics and don't just rehash plot points and make a soulless action movie for a quick buck :( I'd probably burn all of my Pixar materials and never look back if that happened.
I don't think we have to worry about a rehash of a plot at all. The reason why this movie took so long was because Brad Bird said himself he wouldn't make a new movie without a good enough plot, and Disney wouldn't move forward in the franchise without him.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

http://www.hypable.com/2014/03/28/incre ... n-frozone/

Samuel L. Jackson says he’ll be back for ‘The Incredibles 2
Mark down one actor who’s pretty sure he’s back for the recently announced The Incredibles 2: Samuel L. Jackson.

The actor voices the character of Frozone in the original Incredibles, which hit theaters in 2004. Last week Disney announced that Pixar and Brad Bird are currently working on a second film.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Jackson says he’s very aware that the sequel is in development and that his character is a part of the story: “Every time I run into Brad, he always tells me Frozone is part of what’s going on, so I have to believe that.”

While Jackson didn’t say much about what he knows, he seems cautiously optimistic that he’ll be called on to reprise his voice role: “I guess they could be the Incredibles without Frozone, but I think Frozone would be a wonderful addition to what’s already there.”

In case you forgot: Frozone is Mr. Incredibles’ best friend and superhero partner.

The original film ended on a cliffhanger that opened a wide door for a sequel: The Incredibles family are introduced to a new villain called the Underminer, who they plan to go to battle with when they put their superhero clothes back on. Given the fact that it’ll be well over 10 years between the two Incredibles movies, it’s quite possible that the Underminer won’t be a focus on the sequel and instead will time jump like Toy Story 3 did.

Pixar is also readying the Finding Nemo sequel Finding Dory and a third Cars film. Next year, the studio will release two original films: The Good Dinosaur and Inside Out.

So, Frozone, where’s your Super Suit?
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Interested in how this story will evolve. .I see Jack Jack being the main event this time around.. frozone being tired of babysitting
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Obviously, there's going to be a BIG time jump. Violet and Dash will be in their early to mid 20s and Jack Jack around 10 maybe. I'm expecting them to take centre stage as opposed to their parents in the original film.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I can easily see the story centered around the "kids" and how they adapt to their new surroundings: Dash ending high school, and Violet a grown woman making her way through college. I hope the younger audiences don't find these aspects of the film boring...
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's my only worry--that Helen and Bob will get the shaft in favor of the kids. The parents were the more interesting characters, so I'd hate to see them get less screentime. If they can balance it like in the first film, that'll be fine.

Either way, can't wait to see more of Edna. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Disney's Divinity wrote:That's my only worry--that Helen and Bob will get the shaft in favor of the kids. The parents were the more interesting characters, so I'd hate to see them get less screentime. If they can balance it like in the first film, that'll be fine.

Either way, can't wait to see more of Edna. :P
Edna is one of the best supporting characters in an animated movie period. I would love to have more of her. :D
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Plot synopsis and release date set for...next year!?!?:
http://masterherald.com/the-incredibles ... 016/12607/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Plot synopsis and release date set for...next year!?!?:
http://masterherald.com/the-incredibles ... 016/12607/
Wrong, wrong, wrong! Finding Dory is NEXT summer
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Yep, unless it comes straight from Disney or a reputable source, I don't believe it. This is just some obscure website looking for clicks.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Although it was officially announced, it doesn't seem we'll be getting the sequel anytime soon.
Brad Bird wrote:[The Incredibles 2] is percolating. I'm just starting to write it so, we'll see what happens.
Source: http://www.npr.org/2015/04/03/398343037 ... morrowland
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Sotiris wrote:Although it was officially announced, it doesn't seem we'll be getting the sequel anytime soon.
Brad Bird wrote:[The Incredibles 2] is percolating. I'm just starting to write it so, we'll see what happens.
Source: http://www.npr.org/2015/04/03/398343037 ... morrowland

He said he started writing it. How does that sound like we won't be getting it?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Key words are any time soon. We'll get it, it just doesn't sound as far along as many of us hoped by now
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Kyle wrote:Key words are any time soon. We'll get it, it just doesn't sound as far along as many of us hoped by now
Yep, that's what I meant.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Brad Bird Talks The Incredibles 2 With LWLies
http://www.littlewhitelies.co.uk/featur ... lies-29797