Should Minors Wear Sexy Halloween Costumes?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.

With regards to the issue of Minors wearing sexy Halloween costumes, I believe

that they should be able to do whatever they want to do, AND to show off as much skin as they feel like showing off, even IF they are at school!
100%
that the students should be allowed to dress as they wish, within the confines of a clear Dress Code, and that if they do NOT dress appropriately, they must be sent home for an outfit change.
No votes
that kids should not be allowed to dress in costumes that are too sexy at school, OR at home, because sexy costumes instantly make them into Pedophile Magnets.
No votes
that Halloween shouldn't even be celebrated in schools!
No votes
that NO holidays ought to be celebrated in schools!
No votes

Total votes: 3

Jackoleen
In The Vaults

Should Minors Wear Sexy Halloween Costumes?

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Sexy is relative / in the eye of the beholder.

Revealing and inappropriate is less-so.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Well, Halloween isn't about showing your junk off. But like Lazario said, sexy is in the eye of the beholder. Sexy is okay, but if you're using Halloween as an excuse to wear revealing outfits, that's not really what the holiday is about. That was for adults, of course. As for the school issue, I view that as a work environment, and revealing costumes are not appropriate in that setting. As for what people wear on their own time, I couldn't care less.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

The third option is rubbish, because pedophiles don't need any sexy/revealing outfits to be turned on by little children. Moreover: pedophiles are attracted to children up to about age 12 (depending on the way the child has already matured physically), and children of that age generally don't wear 'sexy' outfits. You're thinking about teenagers, which are not interesting to pedophiles.

So, is there anything wrong with a minor wearing a sexy Halloween outfit? Depends on the age. 13? Disturbing. 16 or up? Why not? Have you seen what they wear when they're going out and it is *not* Halloween? Doesn't have to be Halloween to dress sexy. In school, I'd say there should be a dress code. In their spare time, it's up to them what they want to wear and what the parents deem appropriate.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Goliath wrote:So, is there anything wrong with a minor wearing a sexy Halloween outfit? Depends on the age. 13? Disturbing. 16 or up? Why not? Have you seen what they wear when they're going out and it is *not* Halloween? Doesn't have to be Halloween to dress sexy. In school, I'd say there should be a dress code. In their spare time, it's up to them what they want to wear and what the parents deem appropriate.
Exactly.