Beauty and the Beast (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It's an interesting time for Disney/ABC right now. I mean, with all the reimaginings. I mean, I don't watch Once Upon a Time, even though I've been told that I would like it, but there's also the live-action Snow White film, and disneyboy mentioned a live-action Cinderella film. Not to mention Maleficent.

Although I am for Disney to make an animated The Princess and the Pea, even though they made Once Upon a Mattress back in the day. See, it's like R&H's Cinderella, since that was a remake of a remake of a remake of a Broadway show. :p I mean, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was more based on the original story than Walt's version.
fatcake
Limited Issue

Post by fatcake »

Although there isnt any news of disney making an animated version of this, there is an feature length animated film version, that came out in 2002 by feature films for family.

Personally I think this version far surpase any other adaptions, and in my mind, the animation and songs are on par of disney standards

Heres a the trailer of the film:

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcbo3pgd8d8

And also heres a review and interview with the director Mark Swan:

http://theredanimation.canalblog.com/ar ... l#comments

http://theredanimation.canalblog.com/ar ... 29971.html
fatcaketom.blogspot.com
blackcauldron85

I didn't know that Hen-Wen had family.

:p

And the look of it is a lot like The Swan Princess (if that's the right film I'm thinking of...?) or Thumbelina??

(That's website's great, though- thanks for posting it!)

And her hair reminds me of Aurora's...

http://storage.canalblog.com/75/98/818157/63132664.jpg
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've never heard of that Princess and the Pea adapation. I'm not sure if it's any good or not (animation quality doesn't always indicate song or story quality), but I'd like to see it. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm not sure if it's any good or not but I'd like to see it. :)
It's on YouTube but the quality is not very good.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

slave2moonlight wrote:I only read the excerpt myself, but it sounds to me that, by the "hour long" aspect, it is probably a new series. Not the first time Beauty and the Beast would be turned into an hour-long TV series reimagining, either. Just seems a bit strange to have that come along while they've already got Once Upon a Time.
You do realize that we're talking about Disney's television department here, right? Grey's Anatomy a hit? Spin-off and make more medical shows. That's So Raven loved by kids? Years of cheap, laugh track shows ahead. Lost? Lots of one-seasoned hour-long sci-fi to follow.

It really was only a matter of time before they added more fairy tales after Once Upon a Time was a success.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I mean, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was more based on the original story than Walt's version.
What!!! How? Because I'm pretty sure it was so not!!!! Especially when it was just a sequel where the events of both Alice books already happened!
blackcauldron85

Disney Duster wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:I mean, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was more based on the original story than Walt's version.
What!!! How? Because I'm pretty sure it was so not!!!! Especially when it was just a sequel where the events of both Alice books already happened!
Well, I mean, it had some characters not in Walt's version (like the White Queen)...maybe I'm wrong, I just meant that it wasn't a remake of Walt's version...!