Old UD Members You Miss

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

If you're willing to give the information about pap64 to anyone enigmawing, why do it through secretive PMs? :?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:If you're willing to give the information about pap64 to anyone enigmawing, why do it through secretive PMs? :?
Back when he left, he wanted to do it quietly and asked that I not talk about any of his reasons in public. When I spoke to him more recently, I told him I'd hand out any information through PM's to those that asked.

It's possible that he may come back to post about his whereabouts, and if anyone's going to that here, I prefer it to be him anyway. :)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Since I've talked to him on Aim couple times in past, i'm aware of his situation I know why he left for awhile. I'm not going to say it to anyone here.

But he going through tough shit.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Glad to know you're okay now, EW. :)
disneyboy wrote:although, Escapay I miss a lot.
I agree. I miss most people who leave, but I always thougth he added a lot to the site.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Hey everybody. I've been informed by enigmawing that you guys were curious/concerned about me, so I decided to come in here and explain what is going on.

Yes, I did quietly leave the site. Why? Because I hate it when someone writes a big thread saying how they are leaving because no one is paying attention to them, how they hate the site now and blah blah blah. It just makes you look like a drama queen seeking the attention and rage of others. I know some write some very personal and courteous threads, but I am talking about the ones written on a fit of rage. So again, I wanted to leave quietly and not cause any problems.

Anyways, why did I leave? Well, to clear it up, I am not in "tough shit" as Aurora put it. Yes, I've experienced personal issues in the last half of 2011, but nothing I would say horrible. The problem is that I remained unemployed for the last half of 2011, I've been denied some government help and it got to the point where I felt taken for granted by my friends and family, so it drove me to a small depression where I lost interest in everything. Not only that, I was driven to writer's fatigue due to a freelance gig I took. It nearly destroyed my love for writing content and discussion in general. It got so bad that my best friend asked me in October to read his book and offer feedback, and I didn't do it right away because I wanted to focus solely on myself.

But then I had the help of fellow UD members enigmawing, Escapay and Disneykid, who let me vent when I needed to, and made me realize that just because I am in a tough situation right now it doesn't mean I will always be this way. I was distraught because I felt like none of my dreams would be coming true, but they helped me realize that just because a dream doesn't happen RIGHT NOW it means they will never happen, that I can keep working for it but realize to not stress myself over it. I am not any less of a man because I don't have something or accomplished anything yet. That helped me out greatly as I was able to enjoy the Holiday season greatly, even if our economical situation didn't allow us for presents or any other massive celebrations. In other words, it helped me focus on the smaller things in life while dealing with some issues here and there.

The real reason as to why I left, though, and I apologize right away for being blunt, I began to hate the negativity on the forums. You guys know how hard I tried to bring some peace here, because I really loved this community. It was the first Disney community I ever visited, and it was the site that helped me define my Disney fandom (as in, I always loved Disney, but finding people that are just as passionate as me about it helped me fully embrace it as part of my person). I've made some of the best friends ever thanks to this site, and I became a member just in time as by that time I was beginning to fall away from some of my real life friends who changed and became far too judgmental of my person (except for my best friend, who still respects me and sees me as a great friend to this day :) ). So I hated how it went on to become overly negative.

Yes, I am aware that forums will never be free of online drama, and that discussions and arguments will be the norm, but on UD I felt like it was too much, to the point where you couldn't say anything without three or four people making a fuss over it. People got way too personal over things like faith, sexuality, preferences in film, religion and more. When people openly insulted each other over something like a TV show you know there is something severely wrong. I hated that, and I made the personal vow to try to eliminate as much negativity and drama and focus, and sadly, UD had to be the one to go. Luckily, I was able to keep the friends I had made thanks to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other sites, so it was like I had left the site, but it's spirit was still there through some awesome friends.

Finally, Super Aurora, the reason I have not logged into AIM is because I upgraded to the developer version of Windows 8, which for some reason HATES AIM, and whenever I try to log in, it gives me an error message. I searched online and there doesn't seem to be a solution for it quite yet.

Now, does this mean I will be returning? Quite frankly, I don't know. The truth is that I do miss this place and the discussions I partook in, but I am still feeling hurt over some of the things said and done on the site, and I don't know if I am quite ready to live through that again.

So as is stands, I am undecided. Hopefully, this will clear things up. Sorry if I made anyone worry. I am fine, things are slightly looking up for me. Nothing solid as of now, but there is far more promise now than there was back in 2011. Again, nothing solid yet, but still something to look forward to.

-pap64
ImageImageImageImage

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

HOLY SHIT! Awesome you showed up! I'm glad things getting better for you. Last time we talked on AIM you were really down on dump and had some difficulty so That's why I though you were going through some tough shit or times atm. I'm glad that's not the case.

Shame you can't get on AIM anymore. I really do enjoy talking to you there and listen to what you want to tell me or vent out on. Just letting you know, that more than happy to help ya out if need me or willing listen to what ever you have to say. You're a cool bro. But you can talk to me through email if you want which is [email protected] just so you know. You can also try AIM through Meebo too.

I can understand about the drama crap. I just had a run in with it other day with Lazario in addition to people getting all crazy over a new member's mistake. I'd imagine that would really make you rage so it's good thing you miss that. I dunno if the negativity will die down or ever. with the exception events yesterday with Lazario and other event involving Disney Jedi, I don't think there been much negativity.

But iIm glad things going good for you. You and I gotta chat again some times. I really enjoy it so try find something to get in touch with me! Oh and I still have your drawing to do! I still have the image you gave me of you so I haven't forgot. However I've been piling with art work for school mostly so hardly got chance work on it. But I haven't forgotten about it ! You can also check out my Art thread for some new artwork of mine I posted up!

Peace out bro,

-Chris
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and I hope things get better for you.

I'm also sorry about my contribution to the negativity on here. I was odious towards the newcomer, and it made me realise that I have been quite a nasty nipper at times. I would feel considerably responsible if you left due to the negativity on here. I don't intend to make anyone feel uncomfortable, but I guess I do because I can lash out quite suddenly if I strongly disagree with someone. This was painful to realise and I wish that I could unwirte a number of my comments :(

I'm turning over a new leaf and while I can't speak for everyone else, I feel that things have generally been calmer since around November. I don't know whether or not they will stay that way, but I'm hopeful :)

I don't want you to leave, but the decision is yours.

All The Best,
Sophie
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

After lots of thinking, I decided to give the forums a second chance. I honestly missed this place, and like I said, even at its worst I managed to make some amazing friends.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that even when I was away I was still praying for the site to stay around during the whole Site Apocalypse fiasco. I am very glad that it is still around and Luke solved everything.
ImageImageImageImage

Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

:pink: :pink: :pink:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

AWESOME! But I still which there was a way we can talk together personally. Wish you are able get AIM to work. Try Meebo.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Glad to see you're going to try UD/DVDizzy again, Pap! :D
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
St.GeorgeMickeyMouseFlynn
Location: Helping Mickey fight the Disney Villains in Fantasmic

Post by St.GeorgeMickeyMouseFlynn »

Welcome back. I enjoyed your posts.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

:pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

:party: :party: :party: :party:
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Super Aurora wrote:AWESOME! But I still which there was a way we can talk together personally. Wish you are able get AIM to work. Try Meebo.
MSN Live Messenger? Just about everyone I know who was on that is now on MSN instead. It's the only program I now use.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Mayhem wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:AWESOME! But I still which there was a way we can talk together personally. Wish you are able get AIM to work. Try Meebo.
MSN Live Messenger? Just about everyone I know who was on that is now on MSN instead. It's the only program I now use.
Hmm maybe I should get it. I been questioning if I should or not at the time.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Wow!!! YAAAAYYYY!!!!! Your back! I missed you, as everyone else did!!!

I am sorry you had that rough patch and depression. I'm really sorry about some of your friends, I'm sorry how you felt on this site, I'm sorry you lost interest in and started to hate something you loved, and I'm sorry you felt like your dreams weren't going to come true. I have felt like the last too, so I can sympathize. I am so glad you have gotten out of that though and are prepared to keep on working on your dreams! And remember, something I have learned - sometimes our dreams of happiness can't come true the way we fantasized, we find our true happiness in perhaps a less "big" way but it is still the amazing happiness we seek.

I do hope these forums don't bother you...but I have to say I think there always will be negativity and drama around here. I suggest you remove yourself from that stuff slightly and just say you'd like. Ignore the bad, focus on the good, and maybe the nice guys can survive. LOL.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

:D :D :D
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I’ve missed you pap64. I remember you talking before about taking care of family members (?) and being unemployed but the way you just silently left made me worry something happened to you. I guess I’m just relieved to find out you’re still with us. I know I can be pretty critical of Disney when it comes to their home releases and I’m sorry if it comes across as too negative. It’s just I know Disney reads these forums and if I don’t say something, I’d feel like I’m doing myself and others a disservice. I really do want to be excited about their home releases (some have been surprisingly hiccup free) but inconsiderate marketing tactics - like dropping all bonus features on the DVD releases, bundling DACs together with their respective cheapquels, Disney’s Second Screen (not everyone has an iPad or laptop at their disposal, so there shouldn’t be any exclusive content on it) and VIRTUAL VAULT - make it really difficult. They also haven’t corrected the fudged transition after “Something There” in Beauty and the Beast or the missing clouds in The Lion King. The lack of RKO title card for Bambi and '90s Disney blue castle logos for The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast is just baffling. Really, I don’t want to be negative but their actions just elicit that kind of response. Despite this, I’m happy you found your way back onto the forums and I’m hoping things turn around in your life for the better.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

jpanimation wrote:I’ve missed you pap64. I remember you talking before about taking care of family members (?) and being unemployed but the way you just silently left made me worry something happened to you. I guess I’m just relieved to find out you’re still with us. I know I can be pretty critical of Disney when it comes to their home releases and I’m sorry if it comes across as too negative. It’s just I know Disney reads these forums and if I don’t say something, I’d feel like I’m doing myself and others a disservice. I really do want to be excited about their home releases (some have been surprisingly hiccup free) but inconsiderate marketing tactics - like dropping all bonus features on the DVD releases, bundling DACs together with their respective cheapquels, Disney’s Second Screen (not everyone has an iPad or laptop at their disposal, so there shouldn’t be any exclusive content on it) and VIRTUAL VAULT - make it really difficult. They also haven’t corrected the fudged transition after “Something There” in Beauty and the Beast or the missing clouds in The Lion King. The lack of RKO title card for Bambi and '90s Disney blue castle logos for The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast is just baffling. Really, I don’t want to be negative but their actions just elicit that kind of response. Despite this, I’m happy you found your way back onto the forums and I’m hoping things turn around in your life for the better.
It is great to talk to everybody. But I want to state that the discussions didn't drive me away. I can be pretty critical of Disney just as much as I love them, and have participated in my share of bitching. What made me upset me was HOW these discussions were handled. Insulting each other, saying that people were wrong, questioning mentality, making wild assumptions and such. I like to think that we can discuss anything without resorting to deeply hurting each other, since in the end it means nothing.

And trust me when I say that I too have been annoyed by Disney Home Video. The Lion King Blu Ray is a mess. I HATE the second screen gimmick and the Virtual Vault since I can never connect to it because I like in Puerto Rico and Disney seems to think we don't exist!
ImageImageImageImage

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

pap64 wrote:What made me upset me was HOW these discussions were handled. Insulting each other, saying that people were wrong...
I wanted to quick say, that I think we should be allowed to say if we think someone is wrong if we accept someone can say it to us, which I fully accept. Won't bother me. When you stand up for things you believe are right, I do not care what anyone says, sometimes you have to say that you think something, and thus sometimes also some people, are wrong.