The Great Best Picture Oscars Project

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

The Great Best Picture Oscars Project

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Hey Luke I loved your reviews of all the films that have won best picture. Have you totally abandoned updating this?

http://www.dvdizzy.com/oscarsbestpictur ... index.html :cry:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I'm glad someone liked it! As you have guessed, I've kind of abandoned the writing part of it. The viewing part continues, although we've passed the one year mark and I'm barely halfway through the lot (albeit with many "appealing alternatives" also viewed). Having jumped out of order a bit, I've got two '60s musicals to watch before starting the '70s.

I've screencapped every Best Picture winner I've watched for this and assigned them a rating, but it's getting to the point where it would be tough to write an interesting, specific article on movies I watched as distantly as a year ago. There were not enough page views and reader comments to fuel this personal project, not with new DVDs and Blu-rays coming in on a near-daily basis to review almost entirely by myself.

Still, it's very nice to see that somebody remembered this and wants to see it continue. Thank you for that.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

Luke,

I really enjoyed your Great Best Picture Oscars Project as well. In fact, I was just thinking about it and was going to send you a message asking you about it, but then I found this thread. I guess I should read the Feedback forum more!

Anyway, I am sorry to hear you won't be doing the reviews but glad you are able to still watch the films.

I was wondering if you had a chance to watch Around the World In 80 Days, My Fair Lady, and Sound of Music yet, and if so, how did you enjoy them? (These are my favorite Oscar winners, listed chronologically). I did enjoy Kelvin's review of Sound Of Music.

David
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney