Disney Dolls

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Dolls

Post by Disney Duster »

I tried to resist it, but it was so cool, so creative, so pretty, my favorite colors, my second favorite princess...I caved and bought the Sleeping Beauty 65th Anniversary doll!

I love that it has beautiful curled hair and keeps the upward bang curl. I love that it is a new, asymetrical, pleated-peplum design. I love the colors, as bluish purple and pink are my favorites. I love the jewels in her crown and her necklace. But most of all, I love that as you move her around, the light changes the fabric from blue to pink! I also think she resembles this concept art for her film's design:

God, she cost a lot, but I'm so happy I got her! If you are interested, get her while she's still cheaper on shopDisney than on eBay!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Ahhh!!! Happy for you!! I also purchased her, I think she is so beautiful. Did you take her out of the box? I have kept all my dolls in box so far, but I’m very tempted to unbox this one. I just love the way the fabric catches the light, and I love the embroidered detail at the bottom of her skirt with Flora and Merryweather. You can’t see it in box, I’ve only seen it in photos online.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, you have her, too? Congrats! And no, I did not notice the fairies on her dress! How did I not perceive that detail? How cool! It is true taking her out of the box must show off the magic of her dress, but I myself will not take her out of the box, just like all my other collector dolls. I will not risk messing them up, plus the boxes are so pretty, and add collector value. But I found a great unboxing video on Instagram!: https://www.instagram.com/p/C1mt3UlxX_P/
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I agree with your points re: not unboxing. This doll is the first to really tempt me, but I also love the box itself. I love the pink and blue and gold details. If only I was rich enough to afford two— one to keep in-box and one to unbox. The prices for these dolls are insane.

Side note: I’ve noticed Disney dolls collectors seem to be more likely to collect in-box than collectors of other brands (Barbie, Monster High, Bratz, etc). Has anyone else noticed this?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Buying two would be a good solution, if we were rich lol!

I have never realized that about other collectors, but I don't really know much about those collectors, either.
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

UmbrellaFish wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:47 pm I agree with your points re: not unboxing. This doll is the first to really tempt me, but I also love the box itself. I love the pink and blue and gold details. If only I was rich enough to afford two— one to keep in-box and one to unbox. The prices for these dolls are insane.

Side note: I’ve noticed Disney dolls collectors seem to be more likely to collect in-box than collectors of other brands (Barbie, Monster High, Bratz, etc). Has anyone else noticed this?
I collect all kind of dolls and the Disney store limited edition dolls that i have are all in their boxes.
With Barbie I only keep in box the more valuable one. I also keep in box the dolls that come with a great presentation.
With Bratz i don't know What to do because I have lot of them in boxes and I love to go to my room and Watch them because the shelves look like a 2004 toy store. But I'm running out of space so I will have to unbox soon or later
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney Duster wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:58 am I tried to resist it, but it was so cool, so creative, so pretty, my favorite colors, my second favorite princess...I caved and bought the Sleeping Beauty 65th Anniversary doll!
Oh, is Aurora your second favorite Princess? :) I didn`t know ;) But why do you like her?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, Aurora is my second favorite Disney princess, DisneyFan09, because she is so beautiful in design. Her face is like an angular angel and her hair is like spirals. Her dresses are also so pretty. Her personality is also very elegant, graceful, and regal, plus she has such playfulness with the animals. And her singing voice is heavenly!
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

In my opinion Aurora is the perfect Princess. She's the kind of princess that you imagine when someone is talking about princesses and fairy tales. Also the movie is a perfect fairy tale. It has the princess, the prince, fairies, a bad fairy that could be called a wicked witch, a dragon, the forest, the castle... It's very inspiring.
In my opinion the new face mold that they used on Aurora is really great, better than the old one. The Briar Rose doll is beautiful but in my opinion the face mold look very big, maybe it's because of the hair.
I would love to own a LE Aurora doll with her blue cape.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Aurora the character is probably my least favorite of Walt’s princesses, however, the fact that she is voiced by Mary Costa, a native of Knoxville, Tennessee, makes her very close to my heart. Aurora Briar Rose is the Appalachian Princess!

There is a great interview of Mary Costa with Paul O’Grady (AKA the late, great UK drag queen Lily Savage) from 2008 and he just absolutely gushes over having the Princess Aurora on his show: https://youtu.be/J-dWlixhPRE?si=NWuZ6LfjjJHpwEXy
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thumper_93 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:54 am In my opinion Aurora is the perfect Princess. She's the kind of princess that you imagine when someone is talking about princesses and fairy tales. Also the movie is a perfect fairy tale. It has the princess, the prince, fairies, a bad fairy that could be called a wicked witch, a dragon, the forest, the castle... It's very inspiring.
In my opinion the new face mold that they used on Aurora is really great, better than the old one. The Briar Rose doll is beautiful but in my opinion the face mold look very big, maybe it's because of the hair.
I would love to own a LE Aurora doll with her blue cape.
Oh, Thumper_93, I so agree with everything you said! Well, I don't know about the face molds, I'd have to look carefully, because they all look good to me, but everything else! Disney's Sleeping Beauty really is the ultimate fairy tale, and Aurora the ultimate princess! And you know, the 2014 LE Aurora dolls in blue did actually give her her blue cape, don't you think? :)

UmbrellaFish, that interview is great! I watched both parts, and Mary Costa is sooo sweet and sooo kind and polite! She's a real princess! How lovely to see that interview!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

A number of new dolls are coming soon from Mattel. Here’s a few of them. Credit to dillybelle0 on Instagram:

Ariel and Her Sisters: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4gtUgDJpAj ... YwdmQ2cWlo

Disney Princess and Frozen Spin and Reveal (Ariel, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna): https://www.instagram.com/p/C4ZDIGnJLuU ... JkOTF6MQ==

A massive 12 doll set of the entire Madrigal family from Jakks Pacific: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4BK2bGOkty ... 1pdGJrZmxn

Ariel Sand and Swim Playset: https://www.instagram.com/p/C3--p0Ep6QE ... h0dmhmamI1

And I guess the big recent release has been the new American Girl dolls of Cinderella, Ariel, and Tiana: https://www.americangirl.com/collection ... cess-dolls

I’m such a sucker for anything Ariel and her sisters so I might pick those up!

EDIT: almost forgot this one! A blurb describing an upcoming Aurora and Maleficent Collector’s Set from Mattel has also been discovered. Note that Aurora will be wearing another pink/blue ombre dress. Will keep an eye out for more details and price point: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4A9eDRgNMX ... I0bzlrZXN3
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you for the news, UmbrellaFish! I don't think I will he buying these, but I like looking!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney Duster wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:12 am Yes, Aurora is my second favorite Disney princess, DisneyFan09, because she is so beautiful in design. Her face is like an angular angel and her hair is like spirals. Her dresses are also so pretty. Her personality is also very elegant, graceful, and regal, plus she has such playfulness with the animals. And her singing voice is heavenly!
Sure, why not? There`s nothing wrong by liking her :) I love her singing voice and her hair.
UmbrellaFish wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 am A number of new dolls are coming soon from Mattel. Here’s a few of them. Credit to dillybelle0 on Instagram:

Ariel and Her Sisters: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4gtUgDJpAj ... YwdmQ2cWlo
Ariel and her sisters looks gorgeous :)
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I think that Mattel is releasing too many Ariel and Rapunzel dolls. I don't care them to repeat characters but all the dolls look almost the same! Same concepts, same colors, same hairstyle... I understand that they release dolls of the best sellers characters but honestly they could release some more dolls of non-white princesses as Pocahontas, Mulan or Tiana. Mulan and Pocahontas could be perfect for a cut n style or braid your doll collection.Rapunzel could also be part of this line. But no instead of that we have 7 different Rapunzel dolls, one with flowers to put on her hair, another singing one, another with maximus, another spinin reveal, another with the vanity set...so tired about watching always the same.
I also saw that Mattel is going to release a playset with Asha and her house. It was kind of cute but I don't have pics of it. I thought that they were not going to release any more merch for Wish. Maybe they did it to coincide with the release of the movie on Disney+ and to attract more people.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Cute but absurdly expensive cloth dolls from Pottery Barn Kids: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/product ... y-princess

Available for purchase are Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel ‘89, and Ariel ‘23. Tiana is pictured, but not available to purchase. Price is $49 per doll! :o

They are cute, but I am learning to crochet and one of my goals is to learn to make these dolls which I think are cuter and are definitely much less expensive! https://greenfrogcrochet.com/product/15 ... spatterns/
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I agree that the Pottery Barn dolls are cute, but those pattern dolls are even cuter. I love that they have Giselle! I am the least crafty person ever so I have no idea how they're made but that would be super impressive if you made those!
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Re: the Mary Costa interview from 2008.... I loved her Eleanor Audley story in Part 2!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Brelly, you go boy, making those would be amazing!

Carolinakid, yes, I think so, too!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I’m in the process of moving so I took the opportunity to take a few pics of (a part of) my collection before it all goes into storage. Please excuse the mess and the dust, this obviously isn’t how they’re supposed to be displayed; most of them will eventually be deboxed and placed on a shelf. And yeah, I know, Anastasia isn’t Disney :D