Disney Legends

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Legends

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Glad to see Bette Middler as well. Jon Favreau and James Earl Jones being inducted is certainly timely for The Lion King's release, not to mention Robert Downey Jr. for Avengers.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Still no Tom Hanks (surprising in this case, given the release of a fourth "Toy Story" movie) or David Ogden Stiers (did I spell it right?) or Frank Oz, I see.

I'm also surprised Ming-Na had not been nominated until now.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Big Disney Fan wrote: I'm also surprised Ming-Na had not been nominated until now.
Maybe because Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is probably wrapping up now.
ImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

In general I dont think anything but disney and pixar movies come to mind when they hear disney. Everyone else was merely adopted. People still refer to marvel, fox, etc for their films.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I'm also surprised that Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell have yet to be nominated, given A) how uber-popular "Frozen" is and B) that a sequel is coming out at the end of the year.
Last edited by Big Disney Fan on Sat May 25, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Random, but have Eleanor Audley, Ilene Woods, or Verna Felton bene inducted?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney Duster wrote:Random, but have Eleanor Audley, Ilene Woods, or Verna Felton bene inducted?
Only Ilene Woods, I believe.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you. I think it's weird the other two I asked about aren't in.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

How come Ming Na wasn't included with the other Princesses a few years ago ? That surprises me :?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Atlantica wrote:How come Ming Na wasn't included with the other Princesses a few years ago ? That surprises me :?
Maybe because Mulan isn't a princess at all. She isn't royal by blood or by marriage.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Christina Aguilera has been added to this year's honorees.
We’re excited to share that one more Disney Legend will be honored at D23 Expo 2019: Christina Aguilera! One of the preeminent musical performers of our generation, Christina joined the Disney family as a member of Disney Channel’s The All New Mickey Mouse Club. Following her time on the fan-favorite TV series, Christina performed the hit pop version of “Reflection” from Mulan for the film’s end credits and soundtrack. Christina has appeared on dozens of Disney television shows and specials, including ABC’s Emmy®-winning Dancing with the Stars and, most recently, the 2019 telecast of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest. She was also featured on the ABC Studios hit series Nashville in 2015 as singer Jade St. John.
Source: https://d23.com/2019-disney-legends/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

:?

Really ?? But not Elenor Audley, Tom Hanks etc .....

By that thought process, shouldn't Britney Spears / Ryan Gosling / Justin Timberlake be made one as well ? I suppose she does have Reflection, but it was hardly a career defining song, or anywhere near as popular as say Celine Dion singing 'BATAB'.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Atlantica wrote:I suppose she does have Reflection, but it was hardly a career defining song, or anywhere near as popular as say Celine Dion singing 'BATAB'.
Reflection is literally what jump-started her career. Record labels wouldn't sign her until Reflection put her on the map. It may not have been as popular as Disney's early '90s songs but it was just as seminal and important for her career as Beauty and the Beast was for Celine's.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow, really ? Never would have known that. Still not sold on her being a Disney Legend solely for that, and appearing in various ABC run programs. Can think of so many other names that I would personally have put forward.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

They've already added plenty of people, like Oprah, who have very little to do with Disney; I think we know the award has lost its meaning. At least she made the definitive version of "Reflection," which would be a part of most Disney compilations. *shrug* It's been sung to death, but she and Lea Salonga are still the only versions I can bear to listen to. I love Xtina. <3
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

That's great news!! I love Christina Aguilera, and I can't wait to see her for the first time ever in the D23 Expo!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Atlantica wrote::?

Really ?? But not Elenor Audley, Tom Hanks etc .....

By that thought process, shouldn't Britney Spears / Ryan Gosling / Justin Timberlake be made one as well ? I suppose she does have Reflection, but it was hardly a career defining song, or anywhere near as popular as say Celine Dion singing 'BATAB'.
I'm shocked that Eleanor Audley and Tom Hanks never got one each. Can you imagine if one day they give Angelina Jolie one for Maleficent but not the original and incomparable Eleanor Audley? And Tom Hanks' involvement in Toy Story alone should qualify him for one but he's done so much other work with Disney too like Saving Mr. Banks. Real low of Disney if you ask me to neglect them.
ImageImage
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I could've sworn that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen were added in, like how Billy Crystal and John Goodman were when Monsters U came out. If he's not, it's shocking- Woody is more than enough reason to be a Legend, but even besides that, he starred in the first Touchstone movie period! And yes, Eleanor Audley should have been inducted forever ago. Verna Felton isn't a Legend either, is she?

I have to admit that I was surprised to not see Kevin Feige added in with Favreau and RDJ. The MCU is his life's work, after all, but at the same time, there are many classics who still need recognition before him.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Maybe just maybe Christina will be part of another upcoming project? (I have no info, just speculating)...
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

She was speculated for the role of Amneris back when Disney was making Aida into a live-action feature. Beyonce would have played the lead. I still hope Disney will one day make the film, but I'd prefer different castings.
ImageImage